Sears Canada / poor service!

1 Canada Review updated:

Purchased an item online and used my $120 Sears Rewards towards the purchase, leaving a balance of $5.00. The item I purchased NEVER arrived; Sears took my rewards pints for this item and did not reimburse me for $120 on my account. Was charged $125, then credited $120. That would be fine if I received my product. They just don't get the fact that this product would have been credited to my account anyway because I never received it; how on earth does this make sense?? They took my $120 rewards points and I got nothing for it, not even a credit on my account. Forfeited my $120... canceled my card after 20+ years.

Comments

Ca
  23rd of Dec, 2008

I ordered a bean bag chair in Nov for my son for Xmas. it was Dec 23 and I called sears to find out status of chair...they informed me that there was a credit problem. Called credit bureau and they said they did not have the right address etc on me...I told them I gave sears brockville all that info...so the address info was updated...bottom line, is no one called me to tell me what the problem was...why wasn't my information changed abroad globally with sears...how many sears departments do i have to call to change my mailing information. my son did not get bean bag chair, i didn't get a phone call from anyone at sears anywhere...why don't your people talk to each other...once info is changed it should be globally...i'm not impressed and will not be shopping at sears again as a result of this...customer service 5 thumbs down.

Carrie Crozier

Pr
  15th of Apr, 2009

On March 14, 2009 I had an appointment to have my couch & upstairs hall carpet steam cleaned. The 2 fellows doing the job arrived on time which was great. They looked at my sofa and found a tag which said it had a certain percentage of cotton. I knew ahead of time that if this was the case I would be charged an additional $ 20. which I had agreed to. They finished the whole job in 1/2 hour which I was really surprised about. Having had Sears do carpeting here before I assumed that the job would be a great one. I WAS WRONG!
I paid $ 143.00 for this service and I am not satisfied. My intention was to call and complain but we had a family member have an emergency triple heart bypass so more than the 15 days had passed (which really should have been 30 days - in my and several other peoples minds).
Needless to say I will never be having Sears steam clean another thing in our home.
I would appreciate your input on this matter.
Priscilla Cross

Sears Canada - Poor service
Sears
Ottawa
Canada

In 2010 I bought a front loader washer and dryer from Sears. 3 weeks ago the washer bearing blew! My husband called Sears service line to order the part - which took approx an hour speaking with someone with NO service and repair experience. Sears proceeded to send the wrong part. When my husband called back explaining it was the wrong part, it took him speaking to 3 separate reps to finally find someone who took the time to send him a sketch of the washer to figure out the name of the part " as per Sears requirements". Once the right part was identified, the Sears rep proceeded to tell us that this part is on BACKORDER for 3 weeks. Are you f'ing kidding me...3 wks with no laundry! Since Sears closed all their parts stores, the public is reduced to suffering the consequences! I will NEVER order another appliance from Sears again! BUYER BEWARE...

Mk
  12th of Aug, 2014

The part is back ordered... How is that Sears fault?