Sears / repair schedule

I purchased a Sears refrigerator as a wedding present for my son 4 years ago. Now at the end of the warranty period (compressor has a 5 yr warranty on this model), it went out. Called and was given a repair date 2-1/2 weeks out but was left with no choice since it was a warranty item. They have a newborn and a 2 year old - Sears didn't care anything about circumstances and they were given a Sept 9 date. At 4:30 on that date, today, they were called to say repair would be rescheduled to September 25. I called the Customer Service line and people listen but do not seem to care. We were told to call on Monday and see when they could come. I will never purchase anything from Sears again nor will I frequent their stores. I am fed up

Comments

• Fr
      11th of Dec, 2007

I had to have my lawyer send them a letter to get their service people moving. I purchased an oil furnace from Sears and purchased the full service contract. Well the thing died in the dead of winter. I had two elderly people in the house, one terminally ill. After days of living in front to the fireplace and space heaters, and calls; It took a threat of legal action to get their attention. They sent in a repair person from out of state. They didn’t have anyone in the state to service the unit. How do you sell a service contract and not have the personal to honor the contract?

I set up an appointment to have the TV serviced today and the guy was a no show. I call the service line and was told, they had no record to the appointment. So it must have been a dream, that conversation I had with the service department last week.

Sears is not the company my mother knew and loved. They are so busy cutting the bottom line. Their service personal are leaving for better paying companies. I will never buy another big ticket item from Sears.

• Er
      30th of Dec, 2007

for the first lady .... sears schedules their appointments as a first come first serve basis, the only time they'll make an exception on refrigerators is when it stores medication for a sick person. if u have the contract u can rent a refrigerator, save the paperwork and u'll get reimbursed. now for the second lady, i agree with you, what SEARS did was wrong. the heater is what they consider an HVAC unit, those are indespensible especially w/ the elderly. theres a department in sears where they handle escalated calls such as yours, it's named TSRT ... u need a complaint first ... but once you reach them they'll do anything to help you.

as an ex-employee of sears i can stand behind their service, its just a matter of people reading terms and conditions, understanding the magnitude of service they provide, AND understanding the fact that if their appliance doesnt get fixed or the technician doesnt arrive it's because of his work ethics. these tech's go through special training and NEED to use it, so if people dont complain against these tech's useless then they'll continue providing poor service.