SBI Credit Card / telephonic harrassment even after depositing full payment cheque in sbi drop box
I am lodging a complaint through this e-mail about the telephonic harassment by SBI. The current dated cheque No.005468 of Rs34500, drawn on SBI, Main Branch Gondia, Maharastra, for the payment due on 7th February 2008 against my SBI Credit card number [protected] was dropped in the drop box of SBI branch, Malad(E), Mumbai on 3rd Feb. 2008. A week after that , one of my acquaintance, I call him Uncle, started getting 2-3 phone calls a day asking for the payment. I used the same number as my contact number. Every time he told the SBI executive, that the cheque has already been deposited. So far he has received more than 20 calls in15 days. Those executives were unable to tell the status of the cheque deposited on 3rd Feb. and instead asking for one more cheque of the same amount advising me to stop payment of the previous cheque. Presently I am out of country, cant stop the payment of earlier cheque. How can I make the due payment twice. Even if i make the payment in case of misplaced cheque, they should send me an e-mail stating the fact and assuring not to en cash the previous cheque after I issue a new cheque.
I therefore request the grievances cell of RBI to please look into the matter urgently to stop this harassment by SBI.
Vijay Kumar Bisen
More SBI Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- SBI ATM Card - lost atm card! 
- SBI ATM - transaction declined, amount debited from account 
- SBI ATM Card - to block lost sbi atm card 
- SBI online internet banking - https://www.onlinesbi.com/ is not working science 10 days 
- State Bank Of India - non payment of pension arrears revision of pension 
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - credit card
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - updating of mobile number is not happening for a/c no-10635173296
- SBI - personal loan
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - refund of deducted money not received
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - chitranjan branch-regarding frauds withdraw money in three transaction total amount rs 38400