SBI Credit Card / blocked card got misused and I am forced to pay for the same
I had lost my SBI credit card no. [protected], on 17/06/07. I have reported the same with SBI call center on 19/06/07 through my office landline phone (copy of my phone statement enclosed with this complaint). When I reported the loss of my card I also enquired if there was any misuse of my card and I was assured that there have been no purchases made against my card during this period. So I had put a request to block my card immediately and I was assured that the card has been blocked that time itself. As a policy of SBI cards they record all the conversations made with the customer care executives and hence they should have the recorded proof of this conversation as well.
There was a misuse of my card worth Rs. 29185.50 between a period of 19/06/07 to 21/06/07, mostly between 20/06/07 and 21/06/07 (Copy of internet statement attached, this is what I have picked from their website). As I had already reported the loss of my card and blocked the same so I was not worried regarding the misuses. I was not even informed by the bank regarding these misuses and I believe they did not even bother to block my card at all. The card got blocked automatically on 21/06/07 because of misuse at the ATM with wrong PIN (that is covered in the copy of internet statement attached).
I came to know about this only by July end when I called SBI customer care to enquire about the outstanding balance against my card. Since then I have complained to SBI, sent all the information regarding the misuse multiple times but have received no response of any kind from SBI Cards.
Meanwhile I have been getting continuous calls from the SBI call center/recovery agents and they are forcing me to make the payments.
In order to avoid any unwanted situation with their recovery agents I have been continuously making the minimum payment against my card. I have been continuously trying to resolve the issue with SBI. But looks like all my efforts are going in vain as they have rejected my plea and are not giving any kind of response.
Now the pressure from the recovery agents has become unbearable for me and I want consumer court to step in and resolve this issue for me as I am levied with heavy interest every month by SBI as I am making only minimum payment as this is not what I am suppose to pay.
More SBI Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- SBI ATM Card - lost atm card! 
- SBI ATM - transaction declined, amount debited from account 
- SBI ATM Card - to block lost sbi atm card 
- SBI online internet banking - https://www.onlinesbi.com/ is not working science 10 days 
- State Bank Of India - non payment of pension arrears revision of pension 
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - updating of mobile number is not happening for a/c no-10635173296
- SBI - personal loan
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - refund of deducted money not received
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - chitranjan branch-regarding frauds withdraw money in three transaction total amount rs 38400
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - illegal money withdrawn from my account