SBI Credit Card / keep on charging after cancellation!

India Review updated:
SBI Credit Card
I am frustrated with SBI Credit Card. I don't know about Insurance Charges and all. After 4 months they charged me like 600 rupees. I asked customer care Guy who promised me that he is going to reverse all the Insurance charges and they he transferred 16000 rupees DD to me as a easy transfer. After that I payed that amount by 1 month interest for that and I left the Insurance amount. I asked Customer care once again about the reversal of this amount he said that he is going to do that but he never did. Now that amount goes to 2340 rupees. So please don't go for SBI Credit Card It is very bad experience I don't know what to do now.

N  10th of Jan, 2007 by
This is to bring in your notice that I have given four cheques of ICICI branch jammu bearing the cheque no 134056 to 59 to you for the amount outstanding against my credit card no 4317575034652918 and these cheques I have deposited at the drop box of SBI branch Satwari in the month of August. But I was informed by the concerned person (Mr. Satish (9906110261)) SBI collection that these cheques have got misplaced and they have not received these cheques bearing the above said numbers. therefore the concerned person informed me put a stop payment for these cheques.and I subsequently I put forwarded a stop payment request to ICICI for these cheques.but on 19th dec I received a message from the ICICI bank these cheques have been presented for the clearance of the payment .I wonder when the bank has already instructed for stop payment then how come the cheques were presented.
A  17th of Jan, 2007 by
I have a serious problem with SBI cards. I got pissed of because of the drop box unavailability and used to pay a late payment fee every time I pay my credit card bill. So I have requested SBI cards to close the credit card. But the problem is that I still receive the account statement after 6 months of closure, by email with attached PDF which I cannot open until I have the card number, Unfortunately i disposed the card and most frustrating part is the customer care number doesn't work (both toll free and a land line number given on their site). When I sent a mail to this id feedback.gesbi@ge.com I just get an auto reply saying please call the customer care for urgent assistance. Can some one guide me, what to do with this problem?
A  6th of Feb, 2007 by
The SBI credit card is the most worst card i have ever used. Even after cancelling the Protection Plus plan on the card i am being charged for that for 2 months. The customer care no. is always busy & they have only one number Toll free for communications there is no other no. If anyone is going for that card PLZ avoid it.
N  8th of May, 2007 by

SBI Credit Card - Fed up with SBI Credit Card payments

SBI credit card payment has become a big headache. When i went to SBI they told, i have to pay the bill at Citibank, residency road, bangalore. When i went to citibank, they told, there is no option to pay SBI card bill at citi bank. Again when i went to SBI, they told me to drop the cheque at state bank of mysore, bannerghatta road. What is this??? Really fed up with credit card payments.
N  9th of May, 2007 by
The bill processing is a very slow and creates lots of impatience in us. As we drop our cheques 5 days before the due date the processing takes 10 days. The charges for the late payments is also very high.
A  5th of Jul, 2007 by
I got a credit card from SBI. I went for it after rings by SBI credit card people. Also if i have gone for it it was because my dad is a SBI employee. I got a card and i never activated it . Please note the point that i never activated it. Also the card details read that only after activation my card can be used. But the bills keep coming telling that my insurance premium from SBI insurance is being deducted from it.

When i decide not to use the card at all and don't activate it even how can the card account be credited or debited with money.

I have called them and they were so harsh to me and said don't use the card even by mistake as they said they are blocking the card (Which i have not activated) and if i use it police will come to my house. I had to come to Canada and thus decided to ignore it and came here to Canada. Now i come to know that i have got a legal notice for the same. I am supposed to have sent it. But they do it I wonder what is happening.
A  12th of Jul, 2007 by
Further they never present the cheque in time. They always delay it by one or two days so that the due date is skipped and enable them to punish u with a hefty penalty. So be careful and try to drop the cheque at least five days prior to the due date.
A  13th of Jul, 2007 by
Re: The Credit Card Division
State Bank of India

I would like to bring to your notice that I have been getting a statement of accounts from your credit card division in Delhi for credit card no 4317575049295257 which is on Mr L.A. fugle name. The statement shows that I need to pay Rs, 841.80 towards the credit card charges.

I really do not understand as to why I have been getting this credit card statement for the past 4 to 5 months when I have not even got a credit card nor did I apply for a credit card from SBI. Ever time I get this statement I have been putting it back in the drop box at the SbI bank in tricky. Earlier these statements used to come by post and now I have got the recent one by courier from Delhi.

I have already informed the SBI bank in tricky Tamil Nadu that this card does not not belong to me as I never applied for a credit card nor have I asked the bank for one. But these statements keep coming to my address and I really would love to know as to how did your bank get my name and address to put on the card. Which I have not applied for.

I have received a letter date 27 June 2007 asking me to to cut the card into pieces and destroy the card with immediate effect and also that the SbI card protection facility if availed stands canceled and please pay the amount of Rs,841.80 immediately. Now you please tell me how am I supposed to tear the card when I do not have a card to tear.

I am totally harassed by this statement coming over and over again to my address and it is giving me mental agony & stress and the trouble of going to the bank ever time to drop it in the drop box.

I really do not know as to why the bank is putting me through this torture when I have not applied for a credit card from your bank.

This email will be my last email to you. I am contemplating on taking legal action against your bank for harassing me and making up a credit card which I have not asked for and it has been issued in my name. Would love to know where the card is.

Why should you send me statement when I do not have credit card from your bank why this harassment.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Mr L.A.Fugle
No 12 Brindhavan Street
Kurungi Nagar
K.K.Nagar Post
Trichy 21
Ph: 0431- 2456043
N  19th of Jul, 2007 by
SBI card service and the people engaged in this business are thieves. They are harassing people by charging them for no fault of the customer. So no one should Go for SBI cards or any other card even by mistake. If some agent from SBI comes just kick him and throw him out so that he will never turn back again.These agents come and sale you the card but do not give proper information and after that just keep on harassing you for money in the name of late fee charge, settlement charge, etc. So to all the people of india who are working NEVER GO FOR SBI CARDS.
N  19th of Jul, 2007 by
Dear sir/madaM

My name is A.sulakshana, my credit card number is 5264 6853 1613 1109. I didn't use till now your credit card, but everymonth i got statement from your bank.i don't want life insurence policy, i told to u previously but you cut the amout and monthly sending statement. I will never pay the bill if you are doing like this. If you don't cancel this life insurence i will cancel my credit card. Please cancel my credit card.

N  21st of Jul, 2007 by
In March 07 i have communicated to SBI call center for stoppage of my card. As per their advice i have cleared their dues. But as on today i have received their outstanding statement. They shown more than @900/-.
N  25th of Jul, 2007 by
SBI card service, the sbi insurance and the people engaged in this business are thieves. they are committing the people & after that no fulfilling the customer requirement. Only calling for the money. They are harassing people by charging them for no fault of the customer. So no one should Go for SBI cards or any other card even by mistake. If some agent from SBI comes just kick him and throw him out so that he will never turn back again. These agents come and sale you the card but do not give proper information and after that just keep on harassing you for money in the name of late fee charge, settlement charge, etc.
N  30th of Jul, 2007 by

SBI Credit Card - Not receiving my monthly statement on time

I am not receiving my monthly credit card statement till today to my mailing address from the date i received my card. I have recently changed my mailing address &they have confirmed about my address. They are charging late payment for my payment.

A  2nd of Aug, 2007 by
I want to give a complaint regarding the fact that I have not being told that SBI card is enrolling my name for health insurance. I am not at all ask for and applied for this type.

But still I am getting the statement showing the charges about this. Want to request please cancel this enrollment for health insurance and consider a normal card.
A  17th of Aug, 2007 by
Past six months i have to call up to check my minimum dues to pay they stop sending statements they keep on telling that it will be delivered by within 4 days of time but till date i have not received any statements from last six months.
N  20th of Aug, 2007 by

SBI Credit Card - Very poor service!

Today I received one call from the cards collection agency from delhi. He used choicest of abuses and threatening language which is beyond imagination. I suppose they have hired hooligans for calling the customers and pay them for their abusive language. Such agencies should be booked under such offenses and the ruffians they hire should be hanged for their absolutely abusive and filthy language.
A  12th of Sep, 2007 by
I would like to know the status of my credit card as the verification regarding offical and residensial has been completed. Plz let me know what is the status of my card as off now.
N  4th of Oct, 2007 by

SBI Credit Card - Unnecessary billing

I am receiving constant due bills for my card as penalty on non payment of bills. But the fact is that I have regularly paid my bills on due date and I have spoken to their executive every time regarding the same but with no good result. Now it is height and impossible for me to carry over the same. I would like to give them their card back and will make sure that no body in my knowledge will ever make a card from SBI atleast.
D  6th of Oct, 2007 by
the amount cleard with interest was Rs 75 paid more by cheque and now am getting unnessessary message to my no 9448032965 stating your bill is pending with due of Rs 898.08
amt received Rs 27000
amt given back Rs 30075 [inspector intelligence]
A  1st of Nov, 2007 by
Same like complaint heading I am not getting my credit card statement on time, earlier I received after by asking to my post office and it was sent by SBI through simple post which I feel very irresponsible.

State Bank of India [SBI] Logo State Bank of India [SBI]