Samsung / repair service

1 Plano, TX, United States

First I admit that the phone was damaged because of me. I accidentally dropped my S6 Edge+ under the water for 5 seconds.Because of the design, I couldn't take the battery or anything out to dry. So I know there's no way I could revive my phone. So I sent down to Samsung with an expectation they would take a look and fix it for me. But no, they just sent the phone back without even communicating with me. The only word was "BER" beyond economic repair.
What upset me here are 2 things. First, they didn't offer an alternative solution (like explaining how much it will cost to fix, refurbished phone, etc.). They just sent the phone back.
Second, I'm a platinum level customer. Yes, which means I'm even above silver and gold status. I bought tons of their products, only 1 item I had sent for service Almost every year since the Galaxy s3, I bought at least 1 device from them. So after this experience, it makes me think why do I spend all of my money to buy this corporation's products, only to receive nothing back from them, not even an attempt to show that they care.

Lu