Samsung / galaxy note 7/gear vr

1 Ridgefield, NJ, United States

I purchased my first Samsung Galaxy Note 7 through T-Mobile on 8/04/2016. Very shortly thereafter, the phone was recalled. I then received another Galaxy Note 7, which also was recalled. Shortly after assuming that all problems with the phone had been corrected with the second phone, I purchased the companion Gear VR to use exclusively with the Galaxy Note 7. When the second Note 7 was recalled, I contacted Samsung regarding how to receive a refund for the Gear VR. I was told that there was no system in place at the time for submitting a request for a refund and I should call back at a later date. Well, I have called several times since then, trying to get a refund. I recently spoke with a representative, after several transfers, who took my order information, spoke with a supervisor, then told me that she would email me a return label, shortly after our conversation. As of today, 11/23/2016, I had not received the return label. So, I called Samsung again. Again, after several transfers, I was told that I could not receive a refund because it has been over 30 days since I purchased the product, totally ignoring that the product is now useless, since the Galaxy Note 7 has been recalled. Finally, I asked to speak to a supervisor, who repeated the same thing. No refund will be provided! I purchased the product on 9/24/2016 and it has never been used because of the Note 7 recall, yet Samsung sees no reason why it should be responsible for issuing me a refund. There are other dates where I also called Samsung and was given the complete runaround as I was transferred on 5 occasions during one phone call and was also told that a supervisor would call me within 2 hrs. That phone call never came.

Br