Having problems with Samsung?

Samsung Customer Service Contacts

1800 726 7864 (USA and Canada)
8800 555 5555 (Russia)
444 7711 (Turkey)
1800 228 899 (Malaysia)
1800 588 855 (Vietnam)
1800 726 7864 (Mexico)
+82 222 550 114 (South Korea)
+44 330 726 7864 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 042 5299 (Australia)
+64 800 672 6786 (New Zealand)
+32 22 012 418 (Belgium)
+45 70 701 970 (Denmark)
+31 889 090 100 (Netherlands)
+351 808 207 267 (Portugal)
+41 800 726 7864 (Switzerland)
+852 36 984 698 (Hong Kong)
+63 24 222 111 (Philippines)
+65 69 161 261 (Singapore)
+27 860 726 7864 (South Africa)
+94 115 900 000 (Sri Lanka)
+66 26 893 232 (Thailand)
+54 800 555 7267 (Argentina)
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si

Netherlands
Evert van de Beekstraat 310, 1118 CX Schiphol

Japan
Iidabashi Grand Bloom, Iidabashi, 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku , Tokyo 102-0071

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Samsung Customer Service. Initial Samsung complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Samsung above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Samsung. Discuss the issues you have had with Samsung and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Samsungsamsung rv711 and samsung cashback scam

In Mid Oct 2011 I purchased a Samsung laptop RV711. Within 1 week it crashed, within the first fortnight it crashed 3 x and regularly since then. (the blue screen of death). The computer is an absolute dud, not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. So if you are looking for a new computer - STEER CLEAR OF SAMSUNG.

Since my contract of sale exists with the retailer - Mikro Anvika, not the manufacturer, I am pursuing a complaint with them - to date they refuse to provide me with an alternate product (I use the computer for work) while they 'inspect' this piece of junk. I just want my money back, as clearly this piece of rubbish has an integral fault, of which I made them aware early on.

More about the retailer in a separate complaint - there's more about Samsung. Beware their cashback scam. I was told I would get £50 cashback from Samsung on purchase of the laptop - but I had to claim it back from Samsung, not the retailer (I should've heard warning bells then).

I duly sent off the form to Samsung with proof of purchase within DAYS. They say you'll get the cash back in 30 days. By end December 11 (over 2 months later) I 'd heard nothing from Samsung, so wrote requesting my cashback.
To date i've heard nothing. Avoid Samsung like the plague.

Chris76 Feb 23, 2013

Galaxy cashback- Waited 30 days for cashback and no response. I then emailed them and got a reply finding fault with me for not submitting documents they had requested! when I emailed them back saying that I had not recieved any such mail and I wish to make a complaint, they turn back and say that the cashback would be sent in 30 days.. Still waiting! Will definitely avoid these cashback delas from samsung in future and their products as well.

• De
      denzo Feb 04, 2013

was promised cashback after 30 days should have got my money end of january i contacted samsung they said another 30 days never again will i purchase samung goods
      pure con two get you two buy not happy whith tablet either

• Se
      Seanna230105 Jan 10, 2013

Cashback - an absolute scam. No response to phonecalls or e-mails. Shame on Samsung, I just hope that nothing goes wrong with the actual TV or tablets that I bought as I don't imagine their customer service department would be that helpful. Do thye even have a customer service department ??

P

Samsung — after-sale service

Below is an complaint e-mail I sent to Samsung HK, their respond is they won't change the policy...

Samsung Note Bookcheating of giving free up grade

I buy this item at suntec city audio house exhibition selling laptop and note book. The note book I buy is 849.00 sing dollar. Come with free 8gb up grade and one tablet pc. The up grade will do by another place. The staff tell me.
    After that I bring my note book go to their shop to do up grade. The staff tell me, there is no this promotion on this model. But this promotion is write very clear at that exhibition. Now they tell me that is no such offer. At the end I give up my argued. Spend another amount of money go to another shop do my note book up grade.
    The motived I buy this note book is because they offer free 8gb up grade. If no such offer, who will buy the note book with only 2gb memory ? I feel like get cheated by them. Is not worth.
    This is a very bad experience for me. And I will not buy any product from audio house anymore !

Samsung Refigeratorunable to provide me information on my extended warranty

Paid for extended warranty on a samsung refrigerator in december 2011. They cashed my check on december 16, 2011. However I do not have any paperwork to show that I have a warranty on the item. When I call amt warranty I cannot get any information regarding my check or when I can expect to get my warranty papers. The person answering the phone says it was referred to the " credit" department. I will continue to call every day until I get answers. If they cannot provide me the answers then I will ask for my money back.

Samsung Chat 3222lost of mobile

i have lost my mobile on 4th december 2011 description of my lost mobile phone is as follows model samsung chat 3222
        imei no *3554409/04/823398/9*
        colour matallic silver

Samsung Chat 222 (Gt-e2222)alarm (organiser) is not working

Hi,
          I bought samsung mobile few months back. I have problem with my mobile samsung chat 222 (Gt-e2222)
          This mobile's alarm (Even the whole organiser itself) is not working properly. Eg if I set alarm for next few minutes or an hour, it rings but if I set alarm for next morning or I set repeat alarm it does not ring ring.
          Please help in resolving this issue.
          Thanks in advance.
          My contact-[protected]

Regards,
          Ranjeet

• Gu
              Gula Mar 22, 2013

I also add that the set often seizes to detect network and may or may not register itself again. getting off the network I experienced in two sets (mine and my mom's) and heard it from a colleague at office

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10. 1unfair warranty service / bad service

I am so dissapointed with samsung products, i just bought a tablet two months ago and it was perfect for two weeks, one morning after fully charged i brought it to class and i can't switch it on anymore, i've gone through most of the forums on the internet for solutions and i sent it back to samsung as a last resort.

Samsung gave me a reply that my tablet has watermark and it and voided all my warranty including extra 2 years warranty from senheng. And that's it! They just ignored the customer and wanted to claim rm 837 to repair the motherboard.i bought the tablet for rm2200, if i were to pay another rm837 it would exceed rm 3000.

It's just 2 weeks new, i'm so dissapointed with samsung's product quality.

• Ke
                kent woon Jan 02, 2012

Omg...I really really doubt whether can you even read ###ed...I didn wet it at all dude not even close to water. I did toke care of my stuffs well . Do you copy that?
                Thanks Tasha.

• Ke
                kent woon Jan 01, 2012

What is it supposed to be made of? Paper? If it cant stand humidity whats the standard of quality then? Its not like I soaked my tablet I jus brought it to class. 12? I expect you were more mature then. Think of yourself having the same situation then we'll see who's 12. Or maybe your papa bought gadgets for you so you couldn't care much about 2.2 k

Samsung Mobile Gt S5603charging jack not working

i was lot of time put you compliant against my mobile GT S5603 charging jack but you guys are really very bad service your company and your authorized service center i suggest to all of my friend's and people don't buy a samsung product

Samsunghorrible samsung customer service

vIt has been 14 months and I still do not have a replacement dishwasher from Samsung. The customer service rep in Mississauga JPP refused to put me through to any supervisor and did not offer any other method to communicate with him, just a phone number. He has failed to respond to my emails and I have been told that I either have to wait until the upgraded model comes in from Korea or I can have a refund. I will be out the cost of picking up the original unit and the installation by an electrician and carpenter.

If I pick it up at Leon’s I have to pay the 170.00 for an upgrade and again pick it up and return the broken unit to them for replacement. I have spoken with 15 different people about this with no results! Very frustrating, why can’t Samsung either order the model or pay the difference to Leon’s so I can get the unit, I have been waiting months now, and have to call them every week. It is that they offer something great in the hopes that I will give up having to call week after week and going through the same explanation over and over again??

Not impressed with Samsung customer service.

• Er
                    EricMc Mar 11, 2015

Not having much better luck - bought a electric split range in November and the thing is dead already (4 months old.) Tech has order parts, but they are back-ordered for an undetermined length of time... I had given up on Samsung for their LCD/LED products years ago, for exactly the same thing (7 out of 7 monitors all needed repair well before the 1 year mark.) Looks like the entire brand should be avoided - products are of inferior quality, and customer service is non-existant.

Buyer beware - Many other manufactures have similar issues, but they are half the price...

• Da
                    DavidJulie Nov 04, 2014

Samsung Dishwasher - Transaction #[protected]

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the lack of customer support so far re: my broken dishwasher. I would like this issue resolved ASAP.

My transaction # is [protected].

Here are some of the reasons why I am so irate:
                    I called Samsung in early AUGUST to suggest a service partner
                    The service centre partner was unable to fix the dishwasher after FOUR visits by three separate expert technicians
                    I had to pay close to $200 out of pocket for the visits
                    I had to take 4 separate days off from work
                    The fourth visit was required by Samsung in order to have a complete report for an exchange
                    I have called Samsung easily over 25 times and spent countless hours to get this resolved.
                    We spent over $90 to have this dishwasher installed
                    Quebec law states a reasonable lifetime warranty for an appliance. Considering the price I paid for I do not believe this dishwasher lasted for a reasonable lifetime.
                    It's November and still am not any closer to reaching a solution. Still have a broken dishwasher in my kitchen
                    I would simply like this lemon of a dishwasher (all three expert technicians agree that this is an absolute lemon) to be replaced with an installed and working dishwasher of comparable value. I do not want a prorated refund. I do not want to spend any more energy trying to get this resolved with little to no response on your end.

PLEASE resolve this issue.
                    I sent the information to [email protected] as well.

I have NEVER in my life experienced worse customer support than from Samsung.

• Do
                    DougD11 Sep 04, 2012

I had a similar issue with my Samsung cellphone. Bottom line, if you want to buy a Samsung product you have to accept the fact that if it breaks, it's done, you lost all the invested money. Useless support.

I had a problem with the connector of my phone, called Samsung and they told me to send it (free shipping at least) to their authorized reparation center in Montreal. 3-4 weeks later, I get an email from them telling me that they "determined" that the damage was due to a "liquid" (even though it's never been exposed) and that it was out of warranty. They then took my phone hostage until I sent them 30$ for "Assessment fee".

Samsung Canada Dec 28, 2011

Dear Samsung Customer,

As a representative of Samsung Electronics Canada, we sincerely regret the difficulties you have experienced with our product and/or services. In efforts to provide an avenue to address your concerns, we ask that you email your concerns to the following where a Customer Service Specialist will be able to review and respond to you accordingly.

We apologise for any inconvenience and we look forward to hearing from you.

Please email [email protected] with the relevant information included.

Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.

Samsung TVafter sales service

I had purchased a Samsung LCD about an year ago on boxing day 2010 at a BestBuy store in Ottawa. I had also purchased an extended warranty for 3 years. Its not even been an year and i tried to call bestbuy customer service about my TV as i was having a problem with my resolution. My tv changed its resolution automatically when i connected my PS3, It changed from 1080 to 720. There is no way i amablke tochangethe resolution back so the representative from the customer service departmenttold me i need to call GEEKsquad. It is what they call their tech-support. So i called them and they wantedto charge me $99, just to come to my house and changemy res. I am a student and i dont expect any store to charge customers for their after sales service even tough they have also puchased an extended warranty. I clearly denied paying it and also offered them that i would bring the tv myself to the store and if they could help me there. Theydint even approve of that. Now i am stuck with an amazing LCD with a very ### resolution which cannot be changed untili pay them more money.
                  Doesnt make sense for such a warranty.
                  I wish i could take off the 1-star that i have rated best buy cuz nor do their staff have manners on the phone with their customers and nor do they have good communication skills as i was transfered 8 to 9times on that one call for such a small issue and still unresolved.
                  Very bad after sales service.

Samsung Star2 S5263theft

Name : bora sudheer kumar

Addres : registered number: y8me424
                    Final year mechanical - a (Roll 30)
                    Bapatla engineering college

Date of theft : [protected] time: 3:30pm - 5:00 pm

Imei number: [protected]

• Sh
                        Shweta Shinde Apr 20, 2013

Your Name : SHWETA SHINDE.
                        Address : Naigaon New Police Line,
                        B/34, G.D.Amberkar Marg, Parel, Mumbai – 400 012.
                        Phone Model : Star II
                        Make : Samsung 5263
                        Last used No. :
                        E-mail for communication : [email protected]
                        Missed date : 10/05/2012
                        IMEI No. : [protected]

• Sh
                        sharathm94 Feb 01, 2012

i lost my mob on tthe way to kailasgiri'
                        IMEI no- [protected]/5

Samsung Wave 525lost mobile

imei no-355315/04/200694/3
                      lost date-2nd december 2011
                      model no-wave 525
                      name-atiya qureshi
                      mobile phone-gt-s5253hkainu

Samsung Plasma TVtotal picture failure

For one year and four months I obtained immense enjoyment from a Samsung plasma PN50C7000 TV performance and felt that it was worth the premium cost, but suddenly the TV had total picture failure. After approaching Samsung with serious concerned as to the integrity of the unit, I decided and paid an additional one thousand dollars for a replacement, the UN55D7900 LED TV. From the outset, the picture of the replaced LED was a deep disappointment compared with that of the plasma, and as luck would have it, in less than two weeks of use this LED also had a complete failure.

I think it is reasonable to expect that the faulty LED be replaced by a new TV, since it was so new and barely used – my preference was for a new and less costly plasma unit. However Samsung insisted that the main boards, including the mother board, be replaced. Consider, for example, buying a new car that suddenly and within two weeks needs major repair in the replacement of the engine and the transmission – under the circumstances one would reasonably have the expectation that a new car be provided rather than accepting the major overhaul. I did not pay an additional thousand dollars for essentially a refurbished TV, nor did I expect such lack of quality and integrity from a Samsung product.

This has been my very regretful experience with both Samsung and its television technology. I would have thought, mistakenly I suppose, Samsung would have willingly and accommodatingly corrected this in a prompt and satisfactorily. It seems lack of concern and responsibility for the consumer is more prevalent of Samsung in the current environment.

A

Samsung Washer — defective samsung washer wa5451anw

Today I received a call at work from my wife telling me that our washer had literally exploded in our garage...

A

Samsung Galaxy Young S5360 — software problem

Dear Sir, I brought Samsung Galaxy Young S5360 Mobile fone recently. It restarts itself as I dial any number...

Samsung Galaxy S II 4Gfor sales

Director email...[protected]@gmail.com
                          Skype...walmartgsmltd
                          Mobile number...+[protected]

Samsung Mobile Gt-s3770replacement

I purchased samsung mobile model no:gt-s3770 on 20/10/2011 from alfa, irla, mumbai.
                            After few days I tried to operate wifi but to my surprise the handset was getting switched-off. Subsequently, I have tried to operate wifi many times with no success and resulting into switch off mode.
                            Ultimately I had to visit your gallery popular telecom, shop no-1, gigar chs, saisingh chowk, dombivli (East) , ctc no: [protected]. The handset has been handed over on 15th nov 11 for inspection. On 17 th nov 11 I visited the gallery and I have been told the handset motherboard to be replaced and deposited my handset under work order no.12788.
                            Please look into this matter and replace my handset instead of getting repaired motherboard.
                            Hoping for favourable action as early as possible.

Name: arvind v. Sangli mobile no:[protected]

Email id - [protected]@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10. 1manufacturing defect on screen

there is an inherent manufacturing defect in the screen of the samsung galaxy tab, in that it develops an oily slick / newton rings, when the tablet has been used for approximately a week, this does not affect all the tablets but around 45-60 pct are affected, i have written to Samsung uk asking for a change under warrenty, they have refused saying that because i bought the tablet overseas they cannot repair it .
                              i may understand some of that, if it was a warrenty claim, however as a manufacturing defect this becomes too much !
                              samsung galaxy has a manufacturing defect referred to as oil slick or newton rings, i am NOW trying to assemble as many people as possible to mount a legal case against samsung uk, as they are refusing to repair any tablet that was bought outside their territory
                              if any one is interested please let me know and i will send you my pm
                              thks

Samsung Un40c6500 LED LCD TVHorrible customer service

I purchased a Samsung UN40C6500 TV in late November of 2010. Since I have owned it, the TV has always had a bad backlight bleeding problem from the bottom left and right corners, known as "flashlighting". This problem is so bad that I can hardly watch certain shows and movies because of the distracting backlight bleeding on dark backgrounds.

I went to the Samsung website and submitted a request to their customer service to get the TV replaced. Their response was that they don't give replacements, I would have to schedule a service call to have a technician come out to my house. It was unlikely that a technician would be able to do anything to repair the TV given the nature of how backlight bleeding occurs. I was also afraid that their "fix" would be to disassemble the TV and replace the panel, which from online research I found rarely helped other customers with similar problems. But it appeared this service call was the only option.

The service man arrived and confirmed that the TV did have a problem. Of course went through the normal, trying to adjust the backlight settings to where they were turned down so dim that the backlight bleeding was less noticeable. Why they would even suggest this, I don't know. When I buy a $1100 product I excpect it to be able to perform and function at all of its settings. I shouldn't have to bandaid a problem by not utilizing all of my product's features, like backlight brightness. After trying all the settings adjustments he could, he tried calling Samsung directly. He reported the TV was not working. Their only resolution they could come up with was to watch the TV from further away. My couch was 6ft away from the 40" TV (a very comfortable viewing distance) and their TV "requires" a 7ft viewing distance... What?! Because I'm 1ft closer, that's causing backlight bleeding?? No, sorry. The TV is still broken, and it's still extremely distracting and annoying to watch many programs on it. And Samsung will not do anything to fix it. I've written them multiple emails, but all I get is a canned response saying "schedule a service call". They ignore the part of my email where I've already done that. I've given up on Samsung. (Photo attached, this is what Samsung calls "normal operation")

Now I am reminded every day when I watch TV how poor Samsung quality and customer service is. I used to be a Samsung "die-hard", but now, because of Samsung's lack of ownership to a problem and failure to stand behind their product or ther customer, I advise all of my friends and family to purchase other brands and avoid Samsung. I advise you do the same!

Horrible customer service

• Th
                                    TheGeekMommy Nov 15, 2011

I agree. I bought a $3000 Samsung tv that died under warranty, they replace and it immediately dies again which is out of warranty now. they wont do a thing. all the reviews on amazon on same tv show same issues and all died. I will never buy another Samsung product and feel terrible for all the people that are throwing their money down the toliet.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10. 1poor quality & customer service

Bought the galaxy tab 10.1 for only 2 weeks... and the screen flicker problem occurs. Sent in for repairs and complaint on the defects but CS pushes the defect blames to the consumer i.e. me... saying that malware apps can cause screen flicker. CS somemore mentions no liable to data loss, screen protector and ... ...

• Al
                                      almac190 Nov 19, 2011

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1wi fi from an electrical outlet in Philadelphia Airport on 21/10/011. It no longer works on battery power. I have contacted Samsung and their response has been to refuse to repair the item in the UK and refused to cover the cost of haing to send the item back to the USA.
                                      Overall Samsung are a disgrace and I would never purchase one of their products again.

• Ce
                                      cedarman Nov 13, 2011

samsung galaxy has a manufacturing defect referre to as oil slick or newton rings, i am trying to assemble as many people as possible to mount a legal case against samsung uk, as they are refusing to repair any tablet that was bought outside their territory
                                      if any one is interested please let me know and i will send you my pm