Salvation Army Midland, MI / prices, staff

1 Midland, MI, United States Review updated:

I recently went into the Midland, Michigan Salvation Army Family store and I was shocked by the prices that they have on their items. I found several items that were priced higher than retail price. For example, there were light switch covers priced at $2.25. Broken, damaged, and items with missing pieces were priced at retail prices. I cant believe that they are trying to charge so much for items that were donated. Also, I got to the front and one of the items that I had did not take a price on it, instead of helping me out the cashier took off without saying anything to me and took the item to the back. When he came back out he told me that I had to wait for it to come back out in a cart. I am very upset with my experience.

Ma
Apr 14, 2013

Comments

• Fo
      14th of Apr, 2013

I noticed the prices in thrift stores were getting higher about 15 years ago. However, what a lot of people don't realize is that these stores have to pay their rent/mortgage, utilities, the paid employees that they have, liability insurance, etc. All of these things keep raising, just like in retail. The Salvation Army and Good Will still do a lot of charity work, where I live. There are also a couple other church operated thrift stores that do a lot to help the homeless. There are a couple thrift stores that I really question exactly what they do to help people. One of them is the one, that when they came to town, got the other thrift stores raising prices, because they were higher priced to begin with, but people still shopped there.