Disabled American Veterans [DAV] Logo

Disabled American Veterans [DAV]

Having problems with Disabled American Veterans [DAV]?

Disabled American Veterans [DAV] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 7, 2017. The latest review Andrea Marie Chapman, Board Member of DAV was posted on Sep 2, 2021. Disabled American Veterans [DAV] has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 18 reviews. Disabled American Veterans [DAV] has resolved 0 complaints.

Disabled American Veterans [DAV] Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 426 2838 (Cold Spring, KY)
+1 202 554 3501 (Washington DC)
3725 Alexandria Pike
Cold Spring, Kentucky
Mailing Address
PO Box 14301, Cincinnati, OH 45250-0301

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Disabled American Veterans [DAV] Customer Service. Initial Disabled American Veterans [DAV] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Disabled American Veterans [DAV] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Disabled American Veterans [DAV]. Discuss the issues you have had with Disabled American Veterans [DAV] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Disabled American Veterans [DAV] Complaints & Reviews

Disabled American Veterans [DAV]Andrea Marie Chapman, Board Member of DAV

We are 2 Disabled Veteran that has been a member with the DAV for years as our representative due to our VA Claims. Attached below of emails from Andrea M. Chapman who is a very rude person of disrespect against her brother and sister of the military services as patriots? She should of "Recused" herself from this case of the Defendants that are not a military veteran in which she states in her profile that she is an avid advocate for our active duty services members and our veterans and currently serves as a board member for the Disabled Americans Veteran (DAV). Why I'm repeating that she is rude is because I explained to her that Phillip had a Stroke and that he would not be able to do any Deposition of information that she did not have from the Defendants that she is representing to make out that we are lying about the Complaint that we filed in Fresno Superior Court. Per her phone conversation she state that she may consider Phillip medical Disability if I send her a written statement from the Doctor but other than that she stated to me (Linda) over the phone conversation that the Court has nothing to do with Phillip having a stroke no matter what and I told her under the law that she would be violating the Disability Act for Disabled People, she told me (Linda) very rude that it do not matter because the Court do not care about that anyway. This is our concern of getting her Off of the DAV Board as a Board Member as an Advocate for her fellow soldiers of proving that she is not out to help veterans at the DAV. We pay membership to the DAV and if this person stays on the DAV Board with our name being in the database she can use our personal information to cause us harm intentionally or think she can put fear in us of her threats.

Disabled American Veterans [DAV]My current Representative

My representative, Beverly James- Wills, has been avoiding my calls and not returning my calls. I have explained to her the dire situation I am in regarding me losing my house. My ex-wife is receiving 801 a month from my benefits; Mrs. Beverly filed a supplemental claim in February of this year on my behalf; my benefits page shows that this claim has been closed as of April 14. I have not received any letter from the DAV or the VA stating why. I have called numerous times, left messages, and have also spoken with a lady named Carolyn. The few times I have talked to Carolyn, she is rude and makes it seem like I am bothering her. She has told me the past 3 or 4 weeks that Mrs. Beverly is not in the office.

I am requesting a new DAV representative that will actually work on my claims. Keeping a roof over my head is depending on someone's help.

Rustton Webster
    [protected]

Disabled American Veterans [DAV]Representation

I had a upcoming hearing with the VA concerning my Appeal. I sent my first email to the DAV asking about who would represent me for my Appeal. I got a response to that email. I sent another email asking if a DAV representative can call me because I had some questions about my medical evidence. Six days went by without a response back from the DAV. Therefore, I had submitted a withdrawal from my hearing through email to the DAV. In less than one hour the DAV representative who responded to my first email said that they would submit my withdrawal to the VA. It is funny to me that the DAV representative did not respond back to me when I requested to speak to someone about my Appeal. But, they was quick to respond to my withdrawal request. If this is how the DAV does business concerning taking care of veterans then we have a problem. From this experience and prior DAV experience, it seems like the DAV is working for the Department of Veterans Affairs to screw veterans over with their disability compensation claims. I have no more faith in the DAV. I should be able to speak to my DAV representative before one hour of my hearing. That is not representing a veteran for their Appeal.

Sep 09, 2020

Disabled American Veterans [DAV] — Legislative services

I enclose a letter from retired senator Bob Graham, with his help and the help of Senator Harry Reid, I had...

Aug 17, 2020

Disabled American Veterans [DAV] — Most of the organization

Many years ago I had a friend at the DAV so I joined as a life member. However, all my filings with...

Disabled American Veterans [DAV]Department of veterans affairs

Am 100 percent disabled veteran. Have been awarded the clothing allowance for 15 years for a knee brace. Applied again for next year, and was told by VA Prosthetics I need a new order from my doctor for the brace. Never heard this before. Doctor's orders for medical equipment do not expire! What is the VA up to now?

Disabled American Veterans [DAV]Membership #[protected]

I have made multiple attempts to obtain assistance from the dav as I am a lifetime member. I have been unable to get any followup help from a representative for the last few years. What does it take for them to decide a veteran is worth representation? Then I realized, if the organization can't be bothered to return a call to a veteran, why would anyone expect them to expend any effort in actual representation?

Feb 11, 2020

Disabled American Veterans [DAV] — housing and utilities assistance

I call this DAV phone number yesterday which was February 10 I spoke to a representative who told me to come...

Sep 06, 2019

DAV (Disabled American Veterans) — dav transportation services

For 5 straight days straight (multiple times per day) of unsuccessful calls and voice mails I have been...

Aug 20, 2019

Disabled American Veterans [DAV] — representation

I am an Army Vet And I am not the only one who vents his frustration on the phone when I am promised a phone...

Disabled American Veterans [DAV]truck driver for dav

I had scheduled a pickup donation for the dav on Friday August 8, 2019 that the only weekday that I have off. I was not a home at the time of the truck arrived to pick up the donated items. when I arrived back home I realized that the truck had been at my resident but failed to pick up any items. They left a note on the card that said since I had three tables, they wasn't able take any of my items, I would have thought that they could have taken the rest of the things and left the table, but the note stated that since they couldn't take the tables their policy is not to take any items you can imagined to my surprise that all the stuff was left behind, the only thing I can come up with is the driver was LAZY and didn't feel like doing any work so it was easy for him to just leave the things behind. The reason I put the tables was the person that I spoked with said that I could as long as it didn't weight over 20 lbs. and they didn't. I was upset because I give the the Dav all the time cause my husband was a veteran and I like what they do for the disabled veteran but today I was solely disappointed with the service of the driver I think if they don't want to do the job they should do something else I am sure that some disabled veteran could have used those glassware and picture and clothes all the things that I give to veterans is barely used and is not junk maybe that is what the driver thought caused it was packed the way I usually do it and labeled like I usually do but the only thing I can say is don't a book by its cover. Well i guess I have vented enough just wanted someone to listen to my complaint. I have given to the Dav for a long time and this is the only time I have been disappointed. You will have to do better Thanks

Mar 06, 2019

DAV Alamo Chapter 5 — service presentation at my brother’s funeral service

A man approached me at the funeral home. I told him I was not the widow and showed him my sister-in-law. Thi...

Disabled American Veterans (DAV)Handling my, appeal case docket no. 16 -23 038

To whom may concern;

Actualmente soy retirado del USA as a SFC (1995). Veterano del Golfo Pérsico y Pensionado por servicio e incapacidad. Operado de corazón abierto, Diabetes y un sin número más de complicaciones médicas.

Entre el 2014 al 2015 atreves de DAV (355) sometí unas apelaciones por Mental Condition and Depression, PTSD, Muscular Pain and Joint Discomfort due to Anthrax Injections, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), and Tension Headaches.

Todas las reclamaciones fueron Remanded back to DAV (355), Feb 2019. Prácticamente la opinión del Board fue que DAV hizo un pésimo trabajo representándome al procesar mi reclamación sin los debidos service personal records y examinaciones medicas viejas.

The matters are REMANDED for the following action: To Obtain the Veterans' complete service personnel records, Schedule the Veteran for VA examinations, Readjudicate the appeals, and all opinions must have sufficient rationale.

Le pido mediante esta correspondencia; que verifiquen mi caso y lo procesen de acuerdo al Board of Appeal decisión lo más pronto posible, ya que han transcurrido 5 años y volvemos a empezar todo el proceso otra vez desde el principio.

Gracias por sus servicios y atención a través de los años.

Ret SFC Jose G Santiago [protected]@yahoo.com [protected], SS-3081 Docket No. 16 -23 038

Disabled American Veterans (DAV) — education

Attended UNC-FSU, at the main campus. Attended 3 classes durin the 2014 year, taught by Dr. Lheem. I arrived...

Disabled American Veterans (DAV) — veteran claim assistance

Called the Louisville office to ask a question in regards to uploading documents! Gentlemen answering the...

Disabled American Veterans (DAV) — secretary at lawton oklahoma dav

I walked into the DAV in lawton and was immediately greeted with a condescending secretary who was judging me...

Disabled American Veterans (DAV) — Discriminatory practices and abuse of non-profit status

“follow the money….” is what many say. The department of veteran’s affairs’ (Va) pervasive attack on...

Disabled American Veterans (DAV) — Discriminatory and racist employees

I, a veteran, and United States citizen, am appalled that the Disabled American Veteran (DAV) organization...