Sallie Mae / Beware students!

1 P.O. Box 9555WilkesBarre, PA, United States Review updated:

Sallie Mae, has a kept a student loan on my 3 credit reports for the past 22 years!! I defaulted on the loan in 1985, because Sallie Mae refused to acknowledge the original payments, so I stopped paying them until they recognized the 1985 payments. I have since paid the loan and SM will NOT REMOVE the loan from my credit report!! This is after I have a telephone conversation stating they would. Now, Transunion has changed the date of the default from 1985 to 2006 and states that Sallie Mae is telling to keep the loan on my credit reports for another 7 years.. THATS!!! 29 years of this loan with a $2, 000.00 balance (now paid 100%) on a student loan. SALLIE MAE, is no better than a LOAN SHARK SERVICE and the 3 credit bureaus are their LEG BREAKERS...

I wish I had another SALLIE MAE loan, so I could NOT PAY IT ALL!!! I think that everyone should stop paying back SALLIE MAE, because they lie, cheat and deceive students, take their money and then destroy their credit anyway. SALLIE MAE IS SUBSIDIZED LOAN SHARKING!!!

Va

Comments

• Ba
      13th of Oct, 2008

I don't think Sallie Mae has the legal right to do that. You need to send letters of complaint to your state senator/s against both Sallie Mae and the credit bureaus.

• Bu
      26th of Apr, 2014

Sallie Mae is corrupt, crooked, lies, cheats, steals, and harasses people into getting their mafia style loans, then treats you like complete filth afterwards, if you need anything from them.

DO NOT GET LOANS FROM THIS ORGANIZATION!!! Sallie Mae is nothing more than a government backed SCAM to bilk and cheat money out of as many unsuspecting people as they possibly can!!!

And there is NOTHING you can do about ANYTHING once you have signed their "deal with the Devil"!!! Once you have signed, they have you! And I mean, they HAVE you for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Go ANYWHERE ELSE to get a loan, just do NOT use Sallie Mae or any other "government backed" organization!!!
    They are ALL "legal' criminals!!!