Safeway Employee / employee reeks of patchouli

I am a regular shopper at the Safeway on the westside of Bend, Oregon. After shopping I often buy a cup of coffee from Starbucks and sit in the lounge area for awhile. Unfortunately, Safeway has one employee who's choice of perfume is so overwhelming, you can smell her coming. I have many friends that have mentioned this person. They refer to her as "the patchouli woman" and she has made more than one person cover their faces and run for the door.
As for me, my time sitting at Starbucks with a cup of coffee ends as soon as she walks by. I will not check out food in any lane that she is near because I know I'll feel ill for awhile after being near her. Its that bad. I don't understand how her supervisors overlook this problem. They should be aware, though, that even if they overlook it, their customers do not. Their store is getting a reputation around Bend because of this employee's overwhelming smell.

Ji

Comments

• Bl
      12th of Dec, 2008

I can't believe that store allows someone like that! I have been a Safeway employee for almost 7 years here in Northern California. I live in Humboldt County and we have MANY hippies. I feel your pain! Does this employee have dredlocks too? That would be disgusting. I'm trying not to laugh right now because I know your upset about this issue but I can't believe they would allow someone like that to work and STAY working. Good luck:(

• Kd
      4th of May, 2013

I have worked at Safeway a long time. I have brought to the managers attention about how unsanitary the washrooms are because they don't hire a janitor. They make employees clean it which most refuse to do because its not their job. All of the employees including myself are overworked because they dont give out enough hours and don't schedule enough people to work. They make one person do the job of 4 people and the customers suffer for it. Employees page for help if its busy in the store but no one comes because not enough people were scheduled and not enough hours were given out. Employees are not paid overtime if they work over there shift to finish helping a customer. Employees are underpaid for the job they do. It's not fair that we work as hard as we do to get underpaid with very little benefits. This needs to change.