Safeway / poor service!

This is America, isn't it? Why should I have to go into a Safeway store and not be greeted by someone who knows how to speak english. I went into a Safeway Store and tried to get fresh hot French bread. To no avail, I had to try to speak tp 2 people who could not get a normal sentence out. I don't care what the ethnic background is, but if you want the american dream, then become an American. Until we as a people decide to something about this it will continue. Mcdonalds is not better and absolutely worse. We need to stop changing who and what our forefathers believed in and where. We need to act as one and not as African American, Asian American, Native American or Even Norweigian American. The great people who created this country believed that the mixture of culture is what made this country what it is. The idea was to become one not what the few are. To learn the laws and abide by those laws. To assimilate and yet be different at the same time. Please help all of us in this troubling and ongoing problem. Stand up for what your ancestors believed and lived for. Please don't shop at places where they allow this to happen and definitely not Safeway!

Comments

• So
      16th of Jun, 2008

safe way staff need to lift their game if they want my bussiness as they are extremley rude they need to relaize that the public buy shopping their pay there wages and not to treat people like ###s as they do the manager at kerang vic needs to do her job by opening up aisles instead of telling people safeway dosen't hire enough people to do the job but they can stand around all the time gas bagging instead of puting people throu quickley

• Ca
      4th of Oct, 2008

There is a shortage of people who want to work such jobs. If you moved to a new country would you understand the language in 6 months? English is one of the hardest languages in the world to learn. harder when people like you are rude and obnoxious and won;t give them a chance. What is your heritage. Did they have difficulty when they arrived or were the immediately as arrogant as you are?

• Cr
      27th of Dec, 2008

dumb broad who da fuk u think u iz..people that dont speak english have less ignorant ### ideas as ur "american" ###. If u so unsatisfied with THESE PEOPLE then why dont u do their job? if u wanna get paid minimum wage that is? Which ur lazy "american" self wouldnt want. On top of that i have gotten worse service from a fluent english speaker. Id really like to see you say a comment like this with minorities around. You wouldnt dare cuz no1 wud tolerate some ### like that. People that come from foreign countries for 1 made this country work. They have the [censored]est jobs no1 wants to do. They do it for their families here and back home. They are no different from you yet you talking like you superior. I hate idiots like you!

10th of Feb, 2009

Wow!!! What a foul, disgusting bit of tripe. Since when is it that others need to conform to your stupid ideology? "To no avail, I had to try to speak to 2 people who could not get a normal sentence out." It must be disturbing for you to have hard working people trying to make ends meet by working in a new country and learning a new language instead of asking for a handout or stealing. God forbid if you came across someone that had a learning disabilities; can't speak and/or hear. What then? Place a neon sign on their person stating they can't talk or "get a normal sentence out"? They should all be rounded up, sent back where they came from or worse, right?

What is apparent is you have a sick and twisted sense of how people should conform to what you think is "American". And who are you? You're free to reasonably express your opinion, but no one really cares. I thank God that this country keeps people like you in check.

PS, a bit of free advice. You should seek counseling, change your medication and never breed. Find a place where you will never have contact with other people. You are a vile and disturbed individual. I pity you.

• Iv
      11th of May, 2010

[censor]ing racist. I'm a minority and I learned English. Come say that to my face, [censor] and you'll find yourself in a world of pain.

• Ge
      31st of Jul, 2010

What an [censor]. i seriously hope you never come into my store.

• La
      14th of Oct, 2011

Caught on Camera HOME FOR RATS INSECTS, RUSTY DIRTY SHOPPING CARTS ..SAFEWAY AT 116 University Blvd., Silver Spring Maryland 20901 (301) 593-7526
    send your complaint to these top safeway managers we are working on a class action save your emails

Steven.Burd@safeway.com
    Melissa.Plaisance@safeway.com
    Robert.Edwards@safeway.com
    Robert.Gordon@safeway.com
    Russell.Jackson@safeway.com

Safeway Pharmacy is under investigation for the use of sub-standard generics, mislabeling pharmaceuticals, negligence, professional misconduct, incompetence, prescription errors and HIPPA violations. If you have concerns or complaints a

• Is
      2nd of Jul, 2013
    Safeway - Poor service
    Safeway
    Arvada
    Colorado

The last 5 times I've been in the Safeway at 80th and wadsworth there has been one line open and the self service line. No matter how many people or how much you have in your cart you have to go thru express. They discontinued the skim milk supreme at this store and apparently the deli seafood salad. They haven't had it the last 5 times I've been there either and deli people didnt know if they would have it anymore. Since those were the two things I mainly went there to get, I guess I am done with them.

• Fo
      2nd of Jul, 2013

There isn't a store around that will carry a product just for one person. They have to sell enough of a product to make it worthwhile.

• Di
      25th of Jan, 2016

What happened to those great salads? One was called Royal Parisian. There were others I can't remember. I don't think there is much variety now. All chopped salads. I'm tired of those. I found a dead fly once in Fresh Express salads. Why were the best salads taken off the inventory? They were great. Dole salads are good too. Bring back those salads!