Rpm / Multiple call to our home

PA, United States Review updated:

Our telephone rings 2 and 3 times per day with Unknown name Unknown caller on our phone ID. The first time I was called the caller asked to speak to our son. No information was provided to me about the nature of the telephone call because I was not my son. UNBELIEVABLE. Weeks go by and Unknown name Unknown caller shows on our phone. Today someone finally spoke to me. Evidently (and I'm saying this because I'm trying to put pieces together) RPM is a debt collection agency and the calls were being made because of a debt incurred by my son. I'm only imagining that it is a school loan. I was finally told today (after daily phone calls for weeks) that it was a Federal law that no information can be shared under penalty of law. HOW can we as parents help our son when this agency will not communicate data. Our son must have felt it was okay to use our phone number so WHY can't this agency (that is calling us two and three times a day) not communicate with us? If this doesn't qualify as harassment than what does???

Comments

• De
      1st of Apr, 2012

After finally speaking to a rep Saturday 3/31/12 I was told our number would be taken from their call list. However, another unknown name unknown caller call came through at 4:53 PM. No one answered when I asked them to identify themselves there was silence. This is harassment. How can I get these calls to end???
    If they would talk to us, we would help our son with whatever the outstanding debt is.