Royal Holiday / false representation

1 Dominican Republic Review updated:

We joined Royal holiday about 10 years ago and found their customer service steadily declining. In order to avoid losing my points whenever I could not use them, I took advantage of a system that allows you to transfer points to RCI. For the most part this works OK but I was faced with a scam like approach when I attempted to transfer my points this year. AFTER I paid my membership for the following year I asked the representative to transfer the points to my RCI account (about 25, ooo points) and they told me that it wasnt possible. The representative didnt offer and explanation for this and got hostile when I asked to speak with a manager. The representative told me that there wasnt a manager available and took my information for a call later in the day. As you can guess the call never came. I called again later in the day and spoke with another representative and asked to speak with a manager. Once again I was told that the phone representative was a high as I could go in my complaint process and I would have to take his word as the final adjudication for my inquiry. This is the worst case of customer service I have ever encounter in the hospitality business. i trully cant understand why a company would spend so much in marketing to attract customer and have rude and incompetent fellows in the customer service department. This is absolutely uncalled for. I certainly DO NOT recommend Royal Holiday to anyone. Poor service a LOTS of hidden fees in exchange of a vacation package that you can certainly get after a simple internet search (and cheaper). Royal Holiday is NOT worth it.

D0

Comments

1st of Jan, 2011

I'm european myself and havent faced anything like this before. I'm a member to RHC as well and if I just knew I would never even talked to those representatives I unfortunatelly did. How people mislead people like this, tell lies after lies... and afterwards even worse, the service - I'd call this kind of business more or less criminal - all the things happened to me too. How f.e. FNTC cooperate with rhc or let them continue their business methods like this (?) Just wonder. For me its been more or less shocking - that too. I'm just an ordinary lady who trusts people - shame on me.
    But according to my own experience theres many illegacies with the methods rhc uses.

1st of Jan, 2011

Just one guestion. I hope someone aswers to me. Is it allowed to 'service people' lie as much as they can to customers without beeing responsible for their words? Just lies, and its all legal? Is this how it works in Caribbean?

I'd like to start a police investigations about rhc and their partners business. I think they might find interesting things behind... underneath...