RoundPoint Mortgage / associated with a shady appraisal company

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I tried to refinance through this company; and everything had been going very smoothly; until the point of appraisal. At that moment it turned out that they were using the services of Streetlinks Lender Solution. Please check online reviews for yourself to see what kind of a racket that company is. To cut a long story short - the appraisal fell shockingly short of being in touch with reality - the assessed value was less than 50% (sic!) of the recent, comparable sales. Needless to say - the whole refinancing deal was scuttled. I was left holding the bag, and having paid the appraisal fee - north of $500. I know that there is a tendency to imagine that "there are two sides to every story", and tendency to doubt the negative reviews. Please take my word for it - I am an experienced real estate owner and investor - about 20 years experience with all aspects of residential real estate; dozens of refinancing in different economic conditions, and areas of the country. Never ever have I seen a more blatant grab for my money by an appraisal company, which at the same time did not even pretend to perform an ounce of competent and professional work. To sum it up - Round Point's association with shady characters like Streetlinks reflects very poorly on them. I would strongly encourage you to check twice before working with tham, or *anybody* who is associated with Streetlinks appraisals.

Di
Mar 19, 2013

Comments

• Ec
      18th of Jun, 2013

I too had the same thing happen to me using Round point. Streetlinks used the wrong sq. ft. for my home which made the appraised value 25k low. I paid $400 for the appraisal. I tried to show Streetlinks that they were wrong buy what the county records showed and by what a 2nd appraiser reported when I went through a different mortgage company. I contacted my credit card company and complained about the service that I received. The CC company agreed with me and refunded my money. Now Streetlinks has turned this over to a collection agency to try and collect the $400 from me.

• Sw
      19th of Aug, 2017

This WEBSITE IS RIDICULOUS! You allow idiotic posts time and time again with ignorant posts. Sorry to burst your bubble, but since May 2009 NO LENDER CAN CHOOSE AN APPRAISAL COMPANY! Write your local Congressman to complain as they made it FEDERAL LAW! Streetlinks is a 3rd party who randomly chooses the appraiser. Obviously the ignorance of this consumer beams bright, and the responsibility lies squarely on the company running this Site should be held accountable