Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Serviceunethical practice

Recently my mom called them as a toilet bowl right where two screws hold flush tank were a little leaking. Plumber showed up, didn't bother to take His dirty boots and walked straight through new carpet. Mind you, my mom is old and alone and I know for a fact that many service contractors try to cheat old folks out of cash. When asked to give estimate He said shod be about $40.00 which sounds reasonable. I mean, how long and hard would it take to put new gaskets and tighten two screws right? So, the guy walked into the bathroom and closed a door behind Him (why?). I'm sure so He can just take His time and probably just sit on His phone or something. In the end guy spend there almost like an hour. WTF? And wrote the bill just for a labor $350.00
So my question is this, are the plumbers from now on making more then lawyers, engineers, doctors? I did contact a manager but She said there is nothing wrong with that bill. I did wrote a email to company's headquarters but no response. I will never ever will use any service from this company.

Na
Aug 09, 2014

Comments

• Mr
      Sep 10, 2014

Was he a plumber or a plumber technician? - Sometimes a task can be a samll and cost around 40.00 but if something is broken or need a replacement that might cost more, however you could ask another plumber to come and check to see what happened.