Roomster.net / unauthorized charges!!

United States, New York Review updated:
I can't believe this!! I paid $3.00 or $4.00 for a few days after a $29.00 1 month access. I went into my account and unsubscribed over a month ago. I am now being hit for some bogas ### recurring monthly charge of the $29.00. Oh and on top of that? In the whole time I have been watching this - I've had 3 maybe 4 people who were actually possible candidates. Now, out of those I have only spoken to one.

Today, I work a $9.00 an hr. job in this messed up economy. I have child support who is going to start deducting $305.00 out of my check. The banks hit me with an overdraft of $34.00 for roomster. I am already short on this last months rent due to sick days. So I need this roomster crap like I need a hole in my head!!

I'm sure writing this is just spinning my wheels too. Not like anything is going to get done about it. Pretty great that we have such technology, that a company can take money from clear across the United States for a service that I need right here. Then keep hitting a zero balance account and jack me up for a bunch of debt. Now I get to complain using the very technology that they are using against me. I almost think that computers are a f'n waste of time and humanity sometimes!!! So anti-personal.

A  1st of Jul, 2009 by
Same ### happened to me too. I signed up for a 3 day subscription and then they use fine print to "auto-renew" you. Who buys a 3 day trial subscription and then wants to renew? NO ONE. The best part is that they don't even send you an email telling you that they are charging you. Because who would go back to a site they think is useless after 3 days to check their personal "billing" inbox? Complete ###. DO NOT USE ROOMSTER!
A  9th of Jul, 2009 by
Poor reflection of customer service. No real concern for the person trying to get them off the email list. Tried several times. Followed all the steps. "Still" getting harassing emails.
N  23rd of Oct, 2009 by
Im having the same problem and I want my money back now and there is no way to get ahold of anyone to recieve it back.. So I don't want to have to sue anyone just give me my money.. BAck !! Never using this site again..
N  6th of Mar, 2010 by
The problem is that it will not stop there; they will continue withdrawing money from your credit card unless you declare your card lost or stolen as I did. Roomster says that in order to stop the payment you need to cancel the subscription from your roomster account but there is no tab on your personal account to do so. There is a section where you can disable your account but they will still take money from your account every month. So I suggest you to cancel your credit card so they will issue a new card number for you and roomster will not have authorization to withdraw money from your account anymore. I know it is a nuisance to do so but it is the only way to stop them. I really wish someone will take legal action against them soon or later. In the mean time one way to revenge is to open a new FREE account with roomster and to use their GIVE A SHOUT to the other member warning everyone about the danger of giving roomster their credit card number. I have done so and I have warned about 10.000 around the world about this scam, but finally romster banned me from accessing their web site. So I decided to find a way around it and I downloaded a software to hide my IP address (you can do the same by following this link http://www.hide-ip-soft.com/download.htm ). Now I can access roomster.com again to continue my warning campaign. I hope that many people will follow my suit so roomster will have no choice but to actually go and get a real job to make a living as many of us do instead of stealing from honest people.
A  15th of Sep, 2010 by
Payed for a 3 day subscription to check out the service and come to find out that I was charged for a full week. I googled Roomster and nothing but scam reports came up. Come to find out the thieves hide the "automatic renewal" in their terms of service which is quite unethical. I plan on reporting them to the BBB and the department that handles online business for fruad. All online business should be mandated to add automatic renewals separately from terms and conditions. I will complain to my bank as well and get a charge back!

Roomster Logo Roomster