Rooms To Go Kids / delivery hassles

1 Houston, TX, United States

I purchased a set of furniture for my daughter - a bed, drawers, bedside table and tv package. The salesman got all of the furniture entered in and totaled up and then told me that the bed was on backorder and it might take 'a little longer' to deliver. I said OK he rang up the total. I paid in full. Then he scheduled the delivery - more than a MONTH later. My daughter was very disappointed - the bed was her favorite part of the set. But it was already rung up so we scheduled it.
I must've put in the wrong time frame in my calendar because when Rooms To Go called to confirm they had evening and I had put morning into my calendar.
I called to change the delivery time. First she acted annoyed that I was changing it and then she tried to pressure me into changing my plans to take the delivery ! Rude. Then she informed me that she could 'stop' the delivery but I would have to call BACK after 48 HOURS to reschedule. I asked her why and she mumbled something about 'open inventory' policy and how they had already loaded the truck (this was 2 days before the delivery mind you..so i'm sure that's a bunch of crap) and how they would have to unload it and i couldn't reschedule until all that happened. She also added that because this is a popular bed it might be another TWO MONTHS before they will be able to deliver again.
I let her know that she already had my money for the bed and I couldn't even get the TV until after the bed was delivered and told her that I was very unhappy. She acted annoyed again and said she was sorry in a tone that was anything but. I'm stuck now. I can't take delivery Saturday so I'm screwed. Rooms to Go Kids has TERRIBLE customer service and RIDICULOUS delivery policies and I will NEVER buy furniture from them again.
I'm sure that if I told them they would have to wait 3 months for the money they wouldn't think that was reasonable. How can they think that me waiting 3 months for the furniture I've already paid for is reasonable?