Rogers Wirelesslost phone

I'd lost my phone on the way into work, work at a call center here. Didn't realize the phone had dropped off my belt at the time I was at work, most times I thought i'd left it at home like I usually did. However, on getting home, I got a message saying that someone found my BB Curve in the parking lot where I work. Great, figured they'd be able to return it to me, problem solved. How wrong I was. Called Rogers, got the line suspended for being. Called the RCMP after 2days of failed calls to contact the person who's got my BB Curve. Because of the "ONE" call that the person made to let me know he found my device. they're not able to do anything ( nor willing to either IMHO). RCMP tells me that rogers has to locate the phone via GPS locator, Rogers tells me that the RCMP have to locate it. i'm stuck in the middle, 8mo or so into a 3yr contract and no one willing to help get my BB Curve back. the # that came up on Caller ID won't answer, and the times they do, they say they'll pass on the message to the guy that found my device. all to no avail. my recommendation, if ya don't use data, go prepaid, go Virgin. or if you use data, don't go Rogers. wait till there's more GSM providers, or find that one has more data usage than Rogers. Especially if they offer data only plans.

Comments

• Mi
      Apr 12, 2007
    Rogers Wireless - wrong bill causing bad credit!
    Canada

We do not have an account with Rogers Wireless. Our credit report has reflected an outstanding bill for approx. $600.00. Rogers representatives have I identified that the bill was placed under the wrong Hamilton. We were assured it would be rectified. It has been two weeks and it is still having a negative reflection on our credit rating. We have made 3 attempts to sort this out talking with the following reps from Rogers:

.04 April 07 Janice .
    -12 April 07 - Jacqulin - Supervisor Nicki.- [protected]
    12 April 07 Kolibou - Supervisor Tony # [protected]

Could someone please give me further direction to rectify this situation...

Thanks,
    Mike & Shelley Hamilton [protected].

• Ty
      Nov 25, 2007

On November 24th, 2017, a cell phone was purchased with message 'insert SIM card'. The phone was taken to Rogers (Dufferin/Steeles location, Toronto) to get SIM card for phone - a 'qualified authorized Rogers salesperson' took the phone, spent over a half hour with it, only say it was locked - he said there was no network and the phone probably wouldn't work. Then charged $35.00 without prior discussion as to costs that may be involved. The cell was returned to store on November 25th, 2017 only to find out that this cell phone does not lock and the bandwidth needed to be changed. The 'qualified salesperson' at Rogers completely wiped out the settings and did NOT unlock it.

• Mc
      Apr 17, 2008
    Rogers Wireless - rescinding contract terms after one month w/o advising client!!!
    Canada

My husband has been with Rogers for many years, therefore, I enquired with Rogers to see if they would be willing to match a plan for me that I have on offer from Telus. They said yes and I ported my number over. Several months later, I enquired to see if they were willing to provide the same plan to some family members and they had no hesitation. One month was billed correctly, however, the charges increased in the subsequent months. Upon speaking to one customer service representative for clarification of the extra charges, she said she does not know why another rep. would have given me such a plan at that price (including all 4 other lines at that price). She said that if their supervisors knew, they would be in big trouble. She said they cannot provide a plan at that price even though I had signed a THREE year contract for FIVE phones at that price for the plan!!! She said she is sorry but there is nothing else she can do but gave me the option to cancel the phones and provide them with an early cancellation charge of $400 per phone - $2, 000!!! She said she can forward the matter to the Finance department and they would probably rescind all the credits provided on the plan so then it would cost more than double the plan of what I had signed the agreement for.

Is it a blatant scam that Rogers can lie to a customer that they will provide a plan at a specific price for the entire commitment period just to get them to sign an agreement and then automatically change all the terms without advising the client?!!! Are they bound by what they promised the client as that is what I was expecting the contract to be? It has been such a frustrating experience dealing with them about this!!! If the employees were not supposed to give me such a plan to begin with, I would understand and not expect anything further. Why would they be willing to do something that will get them in trouble with their employer just to please the client?!!!

Anyone dealing with Rogers, beware!!! You would think a reputable company like them would not scam their own clients like that! I have never had such problems with Telus. When Telus signed me on a timed contract, they never changed any rates on me whatsoever!!!

• St
      May 01, 2008
    Rogers Wireless - unacceptable service

Don't buy from rogers!!!
    I purchased a rogers wireless phone at christmas and signed up for what I considered an appropriate package. The package was suppose to include 2500 sent text message each month. The package the representative signed me up for though, does not include this, I don't believe this was a mistake on their part. On my latest bill there is charges for $132 for text messages which are suppose to be included in the package I signed up for.in taking to rogers, they will not refund the charges saying I need to contact the store where I purchased the phone. The store says I need to deal with rogers. Every month I have to call rogers and deal with extra charges on the bill that are not part of the package that I did not sign up for and did not use. I find this company very difficult to deal with and I would not recommend anyone purchase any product from rogers. I will be canceling my phone with them as soon as possible.in my opinion, they are nothing more than corporate thieves. Don't buy from rogers!!!

• Da
      Oct 15, 2008
    Rogers Wireless - attached someone to my account/gave my personal information to a stranger
    Ontario
    Canada

While I was out of the country my cellphone/cable/internet/home phone company attached someone to my account without my permission. They billed me for this as well. When I noticed they said they fixed it but did not. They would not let me make account changes to my account without permission from the stranger.

What is worse was they sent the stanger my calling records and gave them my personal information. Not only that but also told the stranger to call me to fix it. When I called them to fix it they told me I was wrong and that he did not have my information, but he gave me my info back so that was a lie. And they said sorry we cant change the past about the phone records.

Now I get the run around from them when it comes to trying to fix things.

• Id
      Nov 18, 2008

I had signed Rogers Wireless family plan in November2005, for three years. The same was supposed to expire in November 2017. While calling Rogers customer service regarding contract expiry confirmation I was shocked to know that the plan has been further extended for one year since in Oct 2017 I had bundled my wireless with home phone so the contract started with zero meter again and previous one year went down to drain.
    While protesting against this unjustified change in contract without any prior written or verbal intimation, I was told that Rogers customer service rep was supposed to inform me prior to make changes in the plan, however they are sorry for that and can do nothing now.

Dec 21, 2008
    Rogers Wireless - lying sales associates
    Ontario
    Canada

I recently decided to switch from a home phone to a cell phone, seeing how I was never at home and was always having to have people leave messages and then call them back and hope we don't end up playing voicemail tag. So I called Rogers' cancellation department and said I wanted to cancel my home phone so that I could purchase a cell phone from another company that had a nice plan at the time. So the man I was talking too said he worked in retention and could give me a very nice plan for a good price. I told him I required long distance and he offered to give me 1000 long distance minutes for 5$/month. I could not resist and told him to sign me up for it.

Fast forward two months from then, I received my bill this month and it was 50$ over what I expected it to be. I had been charged for all my long distance calls. I called them and the woman I was talking to said there was no long distance plan on my account and that they had no records of someone ever giving me that feature since apparently my plan did not have the requirements for the 1000 minutes for 5$. She also told me that she could not credit my account for the long distance minutes used.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told that there were no supervisors on that day and I would have to call back after the holidays since they were understaffed. I got frustrated and hung up on the woman before I lost my cool.

All that to say that I am now stuck with a 3 year plan that was not what I agreed upon when I signed up for it.

Thanks alot Rogers, 50$ less towards christmas gifts so I can fill your pockets with money you don't deserve.

• Ka
      Feb 06, 2009
    Rogers Wireless - disconnection fee
    Rogers Canada
    Canada

We owned two Rogers Cell phones, signed and paid out the three year contract. Then we purchased our kids the kid phone Rogers had.. only the beginning of all the troubles. No where on the order form, which we bought the phone outright. Did it say it was a new three year contract. We had purchased outright two new phones. one phone did not work at all, it kept breaking down, in the three months we had it, it was in the shop getting fixed. It was never fixed. So we sent an email and told them; due to the phone not working we wanted to cancel our service till further notice.
    Since we were both out of work and not using any of the three phones, we figured it was accepted. We did not receive any form of bills or communication, just the original email response saying not to respond to their letter stating they received our email.
    Almost a year goes by, when we receive in the mail a bill for over $1200.00 for disconnection fees.
    Stunned, I thought they were joking. WE had no bill, and had not used the phones in those 6 months.
    Needless to say we called and told them so.
    THree months go by and nothing happens. WE figure they realized their mistake.
    WHen we receive a bill collector's letter stating pay up or we take you to court.
    Then phone calls started.
    WE discussed the problem with the bill collector and told them, we did't owe any money. Not that we could afford to pay $1200.00 + out of our pockets. They said those famous words" how much can you pay?'
    WE figured just to make it go away atleast half, they agreed to it. SO every friday for a month we paid $150.00
    we missed one friday due to a paycheque coming in late and we got a phone call, the following week saying they wanted the entire sum, and there was no agreement in place for the half payment.
    Well that was over two years ago now...and IQOR is now calling again.

Our origianl problem with Rogers was back in winter of 2017.
    Not once did we receive any form of payment schedule nor any proof other than our account bill payments that they received a payment from us.

I understand that there is a class action suit against several cellular companies, disconnection fees, and text fees... does anyone know how to get intouch with the ppl involved with the suit?

Feb 24, 2009

You misunderstood the orginal price... your problem not Rogers or a Sales guy. There is no such deal with any company the average is $50 to $60 for long distance minutes like that. Maybe they said $55 and your heard $5... your fault. Pay and get over it.

Feb 24, 2009

Don't give up, they can track it and get it... I am sorry you lost your phone but that is not Roger's fault, blame the guy who stole it and will not give it back. Do a 411.ca on the home phone number and find the address...or get their name or something...

Feb 24, 2009

Did you get it fixed? Did you cancel?

• Tr
      Mar 09, 2009
    Rogers Wireless - charged for cellphones that were barrely used!
    Rogers Wireless

Even though this is not my bill this still makes me really angry, my mother had purchased 2 cellphones one for my father and one for herself, my dad and mother decide to try them out, only used them for 10 minutes and after that they didn't work at all period! My mother had me take them back to get our refund back from the store with the reciept and all the forms attached to it, they wouldn't accept them back, so I went back home feeling like an idiot. So my mother decides to phone them and get them disconnect us and they told us they were going to charge us a 1000 dollars for a disconnection fee, and after that was said my mother hung up the phone. We're not familiar with Rogers because we're with Telus, I've been apart of telus for 3 years now, and no problems, they actually work with you and are super friendly!

Just today we recieved a letter from vancouver collection agency stating that we owe 1700 hundred dollars! for phones that we're never used, we don't even have them any more, where the heck do they crunch that kind of numbers?! I say let them take us to court.

• Ku
      Mar 27, 2009

have fun taking them to court.. read the contract.. its online as well under customer agreement or something
    there is a cause that actually prohibits you from taking legal action against them..

• Ca
      Apr 03, 2009

Yes there are class actions suits against Rogers for one -- the people to contact are the Tony Merchant Law Group -- regina, sask, canada

• Le
      May 08, 2009

Actually there IS a retentions plan 1000 minutes for $5. So shut up.

• Di
      May 14, 2009
    Rogers Wireless - continued billing
    Salmon Arm
    Canada

My son, who is now unemployed, incurred a high cell-phone bill due to numerous text messages that he did not have a plan for. Astronomical charges that you don't know about until it is too late! However, even though he did not have text messaging as part of his plan, it allowed him to do so, anyway!
    We are now trying to settle the account and he would be able to make payments towards his outstanding bill, however, they won't close the account until his outstanding balance is paid. They will continue to bill him for monthly service, even though he is not using this phone any longer. The monthly service fee is more than he can afford to pay against his balance. Do the math. He will owe more every month, even though he is trying to pay it off! I am very disappointed in this company. It looks like true customer service is quite low on their priority list and the only important thing for them is the bottom line at their customer's expense. Literally! I would never recommend Rogers to anyone and will be closing my own account with them as soon as my current contract runs out! A big BOO to you, Rogers!

•   May 14, 2009

It might make more sense to procure a loan to pay off the balance owing. Companies generally don't close an account with a balance owing.

Loan interest is likely to be less expensive than that which you would pay to rogers, and paying off the balance in order to close the account will negate any further charges accruing to his account.

We use rogers, and to be honest, so far it's the best we've found. We've already been through Bell Mobility, Telus, Fido...you name it. You just need to be careful about your plan and know what is included and what's not...that usually means reading everything, including fine print. I don't have texting on my plan, therefore, I don't send text messages. No overage charges. I don't have internet connection for my phone, therefore I don't access the internet using it.

It's partly the responsiblity of the consumer to know what they are getting into before they do. You can't blame companies for everything.

• Rn
      Jun 11, 2009

Rogers sent my husband to collections in November of 2017. When the collection company contacted us, I promptly sent them a letter enclosing a copy of the money order dated October 16th, 2017 showing my daughter (it was her phone) had made the payment at the Rogers store in our area. The collection company sent this on to Rogers. In early June of 2017 I was notified that this sum WAS STILL OUTSTANDING. I contacted the collection company who advised that they considered the matter closed and I would have to contact Rogers. What a completely unpleasant experience this has turned out to be. No one would give me their phone number, I couldn't talk to the same person twice and I think I spent approximately 30 hours trying to rectify the situation and have Rogers send me a letter stating the error had been on their part (they credited the sum to another person's account - told me it was because my daughter had written her cell phone number on the money order and not her account # - apparently Rogers is too much of a Mickey Mouse operation to cross-reference phone numbers and account numbers. After several e-mails and numerous phone calls, I finally received a letter from Rogers on the afternoon of June 10th, 2017.

YOU CAN IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN ON THE MORNING OF THURSDAY, JUNE 11TH, 2017, we received a phone call AT 7;30 A.M. from A SECOND COLLECTION AGENCY demanding payment of the exact same sum of money for the exact same account.

ROGERS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT...DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM ROGERS, DON'T SIGN ANY TYPE OF CONTRACT WITH ROGERS. MY OPINION IS THAT THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN SCAM ARTISTS. If Rogers stood behind their products, their customer service reps would give you information as to how to reach them so you are not jockeying from one rep to another every time you phone.

• Sm
      Jul 31, 2009

would you rather rogers give your information to the random person who finds your phone?

that sounds like a brilliant idea.

There is no way to track a phone by the GSM - WAY too many issues with privacy.
    unless you have a programéservice installed on the berry that YOU can track it - you`re SOL.

• Ra
      Dec 23, 2009
    Rogers Wireless - not the package I signed up for
    Canada

This is an ongoing story. Rogers promised me one account and then didn't deliver. Every month, my bill is about double what it should be. Every month, I have to spend at least an hour on the phone re-telling the story, and then finally someone with a modicum of customer service steps in to put things right - at least until the next month's billing when the story starts all over again.

These problems are in addition to the technical support issues (the phone didn't work, couldn't port the number, security codes weren't burnt into the phone) and the hours spent trying to re-explain this to the latest customer support rep.

Then yesterday: "We'll have a supervisor call you in 2 - 4 hours. Guaranteed" Guess what: it's over a day later and no supervisor call.

As of today - still no resolution.

Most of the people I've dealt with have been nice, but relatively useless.

• Va
    Rogers Wireless - stay away
    Rogers Wireless

Rogers is such a poor excuse for a company I don't know how they stay in business. Customer service *** and all the robot staff sing the same crap. You have no other recourse except to shut up and take rheir crap, poor service, dropped calls, lost or wrong billing info and nobody takes responsibility, not to mention their corporate or senior management will not speak to customers. The example I have is that I was late in payments but I called and made a schedule with them. It was my fault that I let my teenager run up the bill, money was tight. Rogers agreed to the terms, however they still continually called and harassed me for payment. When I said there was a schedule in place they would hang up. This continued for months, sometimes 2-3 phone calls within a couple of hours. Nobody at Rogers could stop their system from calling. They blamed their dialer, nobody from management could deal with this issue. Finally got caught up, yet one day late on the account and the calls started again and continued for three more months. You can complain, file with consumer groups but nothing gets done. We need a means to get rid of these parasites...Also Rogers also owns FIDO, but that is a secret for those pissed at Rogers think they get away from them and go to Fido. Wrong they have you there too. Same with Telus, they own KOODO. If they are such great companies why do they hide under different names???? I guess Bell is our only hope, but they ar eprobably owed by both Rogers and Telus...!

Stay away from Rogers, they are the worst or the worst...=(

• Cm
      Aug 05, 2010

Bell is owned by BCE (bell canada enterprises) if your not happy with rogers just cut your ties with them and port your numbers to bell.

I am a rogers customer and i haven't had the issues you've had so i can't comment fully.

• Cm
      Aug 05, 2010

Wow, thats a big privacy violation and completely scary to boot.

i'd get the BBB and your lawyer involved. cause rogers can be liable for damages if this random person uses your details for ID theft

• Ci
      Oct 12, 2010

I agreed with you wanting to sue them. As I had a misunderstanding too. I wanted a phone for my daughter and yes she got it but they also sent a third phone. I wanted to wait until my bill came in to see if they charged me for the third phone and yes they did. So I called them and since it was over a month since i received it they will not take it back and will still charge me. There are only two people in my house and I have three cell phones I'm paying for. If I want to cancel I have to pay $1200.00 for the three phones.

Even though they said it might be the mistake on their end.

I hate Rogers.

• Ha
      Jan 06, 2011
    Rogers Wireless - misleading communications
    Vancovuer
    Canada

I have had my new phone service from Rogers Wireless turned off twice now. Today was the most recent. After having a long converstaoin yesterday with them when I was informed that I was under $100 owed by Feb 14, I tired to make a call today and learned that the service had been turned off. When I called Rogers they told me my bill was over $200. No one could explain to me how I could have had a conversation less than 24 hours before about my bill being fine and now I was without service. This type of communication is awful and puts the consumer at risk. There is no way for me to track (as seemingly there is no way for them to track) the minutes of usage. And in the end it is hurting my credit rating. When I asked if I could talk to a manager, I was told they would tell me the same thing, which was nothing but that I had to pay a minimum amount if I wanted my service restored. What can I do to save my credit and stop from being pushed up against a wall without any idea that the truck is coming?

Jun 07, 2011

call the better business B on them that aint right at all.

• Al
      Feb 10, 2012
    Rogers Wireless - rogers has the most rudest customer service in this world
    Rogers Wireless

Rogers has the most rudest customer service in this world. Or at least amid the companies that i dealt with regarding any customer service. I talked to them regarding my invoice for the month. They gave me a 50 bonus mins just to shut my mouth. When i asked the chick agent to put me on with the manager, she hanged the phone up on me. Now If i go back and inquire about our conversation, because they always say that your call has been recorded for customer quality purposes. So if i ask for that day's conversation, then someone should tell me that, who gave them the right to hang the phone up on customers and not letting me talk with the manager. So after calling 10 times, they re-directed me to the customer relation department because i asked them if i can change my 50 bonus minutes to long distance minutes. The chick behind the desk at customer relation department tells me that in order for them to make the changes, they have to extend my contract by at least 6 months because she is telling me that nothing is for free. So my question is after being with Rogers for 6 years, they treat me like that. I want someone to do something about these big anomalies ripping us off everyday.

Feb 11, 2012

Hi Alimande,
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to see if there is anything I can do to help and will reach out to you via PM
    Thanks,
    @RogersAndrewNP

Calgary
    Alberta
    Canada

I was a happy Rogers customer for about ten years until tonight.in fact, I've always referred Rogers to my friends and clients. Not anymore. Today, I found out that by upgrading a phone in a family plan, Rogers extends the new three year contract to all phones in the plan, even if some phones were purchased many years ago!
    In Dec 2017 I upgraded three phones in my family plan, with the assumption that I am purchasing a new three years contract for those three phones. Rogers never communicated to me that I am renewing the contract for the fourth phone, even if no changes whatsoever were being made to that phone line!
    Now I am trying to cancel or suspend the old phone (as the family member will not be using it for at least six months). Rogers says tough luck, this phone is on a new contract until December 2017, and any deactivation costs $400. I have never signed up for this, this is clearly a breach of contract and I am proceeding with a class action lawsuit against Rogers.

Mar 08, 2012

Hi ChrisB,

This is Chris at Rogers. You and I have already had some discussions on our Facebook page, and our team have been in touch with you privately to talk about how we can resolve your issues. We'll certainly do our best to help and will continue to discuss this privately.

@Rogers_Chris

• Ry
      Apr 02, 2012

hi my name is Ryan king Rodgers is a scam they wouldn't fix my phone that was under warranty they told me it would cost 1000 to fix my 750 xperia x10 that had the charger port worn out it was the only part broke on phone it worked only when i had it not to mention when my truck breaks down they fix it they don't give me a refer lol Rodgers is a scam they are the rudest phone comp out there my girl has a telus witch is were ill be better then getting screwed over buy a company that says your warranty is no good whats the point of having it then i hope more people start complaining i know tuns of people with the same Rodgers issues ill make sure to send them to this site and better business Beru [protected]@gmail.com

Apr 02, 2012

Hi I hear all kinds of things through my work about companies of all types and of all the cell phone providers in Alberta Rogers is always the company to come up as the worst to deal with. My son's phone required a fight to get them to stand behind their contract and it has been in the shop for over a month now which is also against their contract. It came back still damaged and refused going back in to be fixed again.

I have heard about their dishonest practices and I have never been so glad not to have my products with them. I was stunned when some of my family went with them in the first place. They have breached privacy in that time, overcharged and changed services without speaking with the account holder, in a privacy breach they then locked them into a 3 year term which they never changed even after a complaint. I'm sorry but a privacy breach should always end up in legal action and they are lucky it wasn't me dealing with me. I strongly, strongly suggest run before buying anything with such a deceitful company.

I am sure you will try to figure out how many people I could have contact with to influence and on this post it maybe limited but I do talk to approximately 800 people a week. Rogers you do the math!

• Tr
      Apr 29, 2012

Hi Chris,
    We were horrified to learn of the same thing just yesterday and seeing your post can empathize with you. if you are looking to bring a class action against them please advise as we would like to join. Rogers overcharged us for data, claimed half hour calls that we never received while we were traveling in the U.S and refused to provide us with any details stating that it was not in their agreement and we would have to pay the $850 bill regardless and since we had a family plan we would have to pay another $875 to exit the contract. In addition to that after paying $10 for a monthly international plan for data roaming they stated that that plan only gave us a reduced rate...that was not what we were advised when we took the plan by the sales representative. Last month I realised that they opened another account in my name without my permission the primary on the account, that being me and I had to pay the bills. when I confronted them they said OOPPS!!! there must have been a mistake and admitted the fact that the account was not opened by me and confirmed that there was a mistake on the part of the sales representative but I still had to pay the bill. We have been loyal Rogers customers for 12 years and now they are holding us at gunpoint as we cannot exit the grip of this cheating company. EVERYBODY BEWARE ROGERS!!! Even in the desperate most of moments refrain from doing any sort of a deal with them as they Lie!!! Cheat!!! and MISREPRESENT!!! and do not blink an eye!!! And they change contracts to their convenience without your even knowing and there is nothing that you can do, short of suing them.I do not wish that any more people should fall into this trap, so BEWARE. They even have a legal team in place at the Blue Jay head office to deal with these matters as their is their "modus operendi" and so technically "Pay Up" or your credit is screwed!!! BEWARE ROGERS!!!

• Ho
      Jul 14, 2012
    Rogers Wireless - harrasment
    Rogers wireless
    Canada

This company for reasons unknown phones 5 to 6 times per day (and night) and when you answer the phone, they promptly hang up. When we called back to find out who was behind these calls they answered "Rogers Wireless" on an answering machine and again disconneted us. BEWARE If you get a hang up call from [protected] this is the company behind it.

Sep 26, 2012
    Rogers Wireless - roaming charges with paid service
    Alberta
    Canada

I was recently travelling in the US for business. I had subscribed to what I thought was a complete package for services while travelling. I recently returned and received a bill for $660, which $502 was for US data usage.

I contacted customer service to better understand why I had been charged such an exorbitant amount when I had subscribed to a service for coverage. I was told that the service I subscribed to did not include data, and that a message should have come through advising me to add an additional service. I do not recall ever receiving such a message. Nonetheless, this message should be sent more than once to ensure users are well aware of any charges being billed to them. I obviously subscribed to a service to avoid such problems to begin with or would not have used my phone at all.

When I spoke with the agent, I was offered a 30% discount and $10/MTH off my bill for the next year. I was not happy enough with this because I thought I had subscribed to a service that should have covered me, and was not well informed as to the additional charges I would be billed for. I requested to speak with management and was told I would be called back within 48hrs because of the iPhone release.

When the manager, Renee returned my call she spoke in a tone that was very tired as if she couldn’t be bothered to listen to my complaint. She told me to hold, and then came back to me with a $50 discount off the bill for my long-time customer service appreciation.

I assume that the previous offer would have been documented or recorded on the call as your services do on every other occasion. I was completely insulted that she would neither have read the file to see what had been offered previously, nor bothered to hear my response. I was interrupted while speaking and was told that this was all she was willing to do. When I asked if she was a manager and whether she had read the file she became offended that I should inquire such things from her. I explained that I had already been offered more assistance with my charges from someone she was to be a superior of.

I have used services with Rogers since they were Cantel, before the merger with AT&T, and my phone line has been registered with Rogers since 2017. I have never raised complaints about all my dropped calls or text messages that constantly disappear between my friends on countless occasions, and I pay my bills, despite all the people I know that obtain free phones or services because they complain all the time.

When I told Renee that I wanted to cancel my service she simply said fine, and that I would have to pay my bills no matter what including the end of my service contract charge. The phone then dropped the call (while I was sitting at my desk in the office next to a window in downtown Calgary). I then received a voicemail (but without a call in beforehand) instructing me to contact Rogers with the reference number to continue with the cancellation of my service from Renee.

• St
      Oct 02, 2012

I have had the same issue...My husband travels to the U.S. twice a day as he is a truck driver. I called Rogers 1yr ago to put a u.s. plan on my account which seemed very simple. I've never had a problem other then my bill has been quite high, which I agree is our doing. This month I get an extremely high bill with u.s. charges that aren't covered under our North American plan, I call Roger's to deal with this issue and I'm told I don't have a u.s. plan I have a North American plan???? Duhhh! Isn't the u.s. North America I ask...no it's for all over Canada I'm told...I didn't need a Canadian package I needed a u.s. one and that's what I was told I had 1 year ago and that's what I assumed I had because, never was I charged for his calls in the u.s. more then $.10 a minute, now it's $1.45. Roger's won't correct this problem but want to sell me a package that'll cover him...That's what I did 1 year ago!!! Frustrated!!

Stacy

Oct 05, 2012

Hello,

I just sent you a private message so we can look into the situation together.

RogersEric

Nov 14, 2012

I have a very similar situation that just happened to me.

I have been with Rogers for 4 years and after my current Rogers Bill, I will never ever pay for their services. They are not a company that provides decent service. They are out to get you further in debt.

I am currently a student. I pay all of my own bills and education. I work a part-time job which barely covers my tuition and textbooks. I have OSAP in order to pay for all of my other expenses. I went on a school trip to Boston, I go to school in Toronto so it wasn't extremely far away for just 4 days. I used my phone minimally, google maps to get from place to place and the next week I get a call stating that my rogers bill has $670 in roaming charges. I spoke to the customer service agent and she was unhelpful. I then spoke to a manager and she simply stated that I was giving a warning when I entered the country. She said that she was "sorry" but it almost sounded as if she was "tired" as you had experienced.

I have used my phone in the states in January 2017 and August 2017 and my roaming fees never exceeded $10 extra on my bill so I did not need to purchase a roaming package. Well apparently Rogers decided to make some changes to the way that they bill me. In January 2017, 1 kilobyte cost me 0.005 cents. My 4-day trip in November now cost me 1 cent per kilobyte. That is 200 times more than what I was paying in January and I was NOT notified at all about this change. Shouldn't this be illegal? If Rogers had altered the way they have chosen to bill me I should have signed some type of agreement. I have never ever complained about Rogers, but I have had the same mediocre service for the past 4 years but gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Rogers has been very misleading and a school trip that I thought would benefit my education only put me further in debt.