Restaurant.com / Customer Service

1 Shelby Township, MI, United States Review updated:

I have been ordering from Restaurant.com for the past several months and have enjoyed the savings at various local restaurants. For the recent holiday, however, I ordered 20 general gift certificates from this company and it has been a disaster ever since. When one of the recipients printed the certificate for a specific restaurant listed on restaurant.com's website and went to use it, the restaurant told them they no longer participated in the program. I have attempted many times through email to restaurant.com to resolve the issue but the person who responded to my numerous emails is incapable or unwilling to understand and rectify the problem. Her last response was that the certificate had been used but when I asked her to give me the name of the restaurant it was used at, she decided not to respond. They have lost a frequent customer as I will never deal with them again. In addition, I will caution everyone I know not to deal with them.

Ph

Comments

Br
  27th of Nov, 2009

I completely agree their customer service is horrible I had an issue they told me I needed to take it up w/the restaurant but it was THEIR coupon I bought so it was THEIR problem!

Su
  29th of Apr, 2011

you all are f'n idiots

How is it restaurant.com's fault that a particular restaurant won't accept it. It's the RESTAURANT'S fault. Second of all, it's not a coupon - it's a gift certificate.

Es
  20th of May, 2011

I've used many restaurant.com gift certs. On a couple of occasions, the restaurant refused to accept the coupon (both timed due to a dispute between the restaurant and restaurant.com). All it took was one email to restaurant.com customer support and they gave me enough credit to purchase another gift cert of equal value.

From reading the comments on this site, it does seem that they do seem to sell a load of goods to the restaurants. But, they do seem to take care of the consumers. Now, whenever I plan to use a restaurant.com gift cert, I call the restaurant BEFORE I leave home to ask if they still accept restaurant.com gift certs. That's alot better than having a very embarrassing situation at the END of a meal.

But, I have noticed that there is clearly resentment in the eyes of the restaurant managers and waiters whenever I pull out my restaurant.com gift cert. It looks like many restaurants sign up for the program and then regret it later only to discover that hundreds of certs have been sold already that must be honored.

Pa
  2nd of Jun, 2013

Please, need your service for a claim from the restaurant. com This restaurant did not accepted the coupons, because, you stop serving him. That is watt he seed. Send me my $50.00 Thank you!
Patrick Roy 954 410 3848

Pa
  2nd of Jun, 2013

It it gana be all like that? I have more coupons

Re
  16th of Dec, 2015

I can not get an answer to what should be a simple question. I have posted the same question 3 times. Both thru email and phone, all I get is the run-around. This has given me the suspicion that customer service knows that they are running a scam and I am out money paid.