Reservation Rewards / Fraud and scam

I booked an on-line reservation for a hotel in California and suddenly charges appeared on my credit card from this company. Within minutes of complaining both on the phone and on-line I received emails from the company canceling my membership and refunding my money.

How this could have happened is beyond me other than the company having fraudulent business practices. After googling this particular company there are a multitude of complaints from scams to fraud and unauthorized transactions on credit cards.

What membership - I did not sign up for anything or even research this company. The only thing that I can conceived that may have happened was interception of my credit card with the on-line booking. I will NEVER do this again.

Va

Comments

6th of Nov, 2008

Dear Howard:

Webloyalty.com protects its reputation and monitors the blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate and to identify opportunities to assist our members. Through this monitoring, we found your comments posted here about our membership program, Reservation Rewards.

We're glad our Customer Service department was able to accomodate your request to cancel the membership and process a refund. We'd like the opportunity to address your concern about how you enrolled in the membership by providing you with some information on the enrollment process. However, we don't know who you are. If you would like us to provide us with this information, please contact us at consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com and we'll be happy to do so.

Regards,