Rent a Center / service

1 Prescott Valley, AZ, United States Review updated:

I have been a customer with rent a center for 3 1/2 years and have a fridge paid off and the whole time we had it, we had to send it in for service 5 or six times. the store did nothing to rectify this and we still had to send it back more. This last time that we sent it back it came back from head to toe with mold in both the freezer and refrigarator section. It took us three hours to clean and all our food was unthawed by then. we are now calling aarons which will cut our payments in half and hopefully will not send us a health hazard back to our home. just say no to rent a center.

Sc

Comments

• Fe
      11th of Sep, 2008

I have spent thousands of dollars at rent a center. The last time i rented from them i have some financial issues and requested they pick up the mechendise. No one came for several weeks. They even scedualed appointments with me and came hours early or late. Therefor I missed them. Now that i am stable again I wanted to get only a tv and they wont even rent me one pice of mechendise. So much for costomer appreitation. So much for all the money i have put in. If i had a rental store i deffinatly would look at the amount of time and money they had spent with me before i turned them away.

• Di
      18th of Jul, 2012

To all these people that complain about the service and product that you get from Rent a Center..I have been dealing with them for over 20 years, its all in how you deal with them. There are a lot of people that rent things and then move without telling them, or just don't pay the payments, so when you wonder why they go postal about the money, this is why..I have never had a problem, if you pay the few dollars more each payment for the service contract, then you get a loaner when you send yours in for service, if you don't ask about a loaner, they aren't going to offer one. Simple as that..Learn to ask for what you want. Most credit cards or debit cards charge a business a service charge to process the fees through their banks, hence the new 1.50 convienence fee for paying over the phone.. I'm not saying that there aren't some bad stores out there, but, I have used stores from Texas to Maine and on to Massachusetts with no problems, its all in how you deal with them and how you treat them...When they deliver furniture to me, I always have popsicles at the ready for the workers for when they are finished, it is hard work carrying heavy furniture up my granite stairs..appreciate them and they will go above and beyond for you, simple as that...they work hard for people that don't think about them and how many people they deliver to or how badly they are treated each day..moving furniture and installing appliances for you.