Rent a Center / scam and cheating
I have bought things w/RAC before w/no problems. I went to the one in Medford, OR where I was living. Bought a TV, stereo and printer. I went in with a week left on my 90 days on the stereo to pay it off in cash, they told me I had missed it by 4 days even though I had the original receipt and contract with the managers signature on it saying otherwise. It took them 3 months to get me the printer and charged me during that time for printer. I got pissed over the stereo and told them to come pick it all up. I had been a good paying customer always. When I told them to pick it up, they begged me to keep the products. I told them *** no, I was going to their competition across town. I told them if they didn't come get it I was going to come drop it in the middle of their store. They picked it up finally and now they keep sending me these stupid coupons for what I had paid on the products towards a new product but only if I take a contract and more than 90 days. I have advised them repeatedly to quit sending me their crap because I'm tired of finding it in my mailbox and me having to put it in my garbage can. I WILL not go back to them EVER! I'd much rather go to Aarons who at least reports when you make timely payments to your credit report AND if you have to move where you can't take the products with you, they transfer ALL the money that you paid into it to the new store for the same product. Screw RAC!
More Rent a Center Complaints & Reviews
- Rent a Center - horrible! 
- Rent a Center - fraud and scam 
- Rent a Center - the insurance policy needs to be changed 
- Rent a Center - violation fdcp; fraudulent actions 
- Rent a Center - awful experience 
- Rent-A-Center - Trespassing
- Rent-A-Center - store manager, district manager
- Rent-A-Center - customer service
- Rent a Center - monies being kept by manager named vincent
- Rent-A-Center - horrible!! I would never use them again!