Renewal by Andersen / Advertising issues
Renewal By Andersen is marketed thru franchises. In The Greater New York State Capital Area and The Hudson River Valley Area these windows are sold thru Eric Minkiewicz. Here is some facts you should know:
1 ) RBA has their own Andersen Window while all the other retail outlets - Home Depot, Williams Lumber etc - have their own Andersen replacement window. The non franchise replacement window is approximately 40% less expensive ( even with all the promos ), installer friendly, stronger and more attractive.
2 ) The franchise plays pricing games. They increase the retail price to allow the promo cost which is still overpriced. The sales reps make 10% on each sale but they only have the initial visit - one call close. If they do not make the sale, the Sales Manager will call the customer the next day and offer them a larger discount. The manager is credited with the sale.
3 ) The Andersen warranty - 10 years on the install, 10 years on the frame, 20 years on the glass with no breakage - is one of the WORST in the industry. Quality window manufactures offer a lifetime transferable with breakage warranty.
4) Over the last few years Eric Minkiewicz has changed his website from Huff N Puff to RBA Hudson Valley to RBA Eastern NY to Andersenwindowsny to now Hudsonvalleynywindows. WHY, I have my guess but what I can say is that I am very good at hide and seek.
5 ) There is no such thing as a replacement door. If you want a new patio door to replace an existing Andersen door or to replace any other company's door, you can go to any Andersen retail outlet and get the exact same door approx. for 40% less. In addition, RBA sells Pro Via entry doors that they don't clearly inform the customer that it is a separate company that has its own marketing distributorship.
As a consumer, it is your responsibility to obtain and understand the facts about anything you want to buy.
Updated by windowman, Nov 25, 2016
OOPS, made a mistake! The warranty is - 2 years on the install 10 years on the frame and 20 years on the glass with no breakage. An even worse warranty than what I wrote before. Stay away from this company!
More Renewal by Andersen Complaints & Reviews
- Renewal By Andersen Replacement Windows - Have nothing to do with The Real Anderson Windows company 
- Renewal by Andersen - Replacement windows 
- Renewal by Andersen - Don't Buy Renewal by Andersen Windows 
- Renewal by Andersen - Pricing 
- Renewal by Andersen - Windows leak air 
- Renewal by Andersen - Warranty 
- Renewal by Andersen - Incorrect advertising concerning installation
- Renewal by Anderson - Windows 
- Renewal by Andersen - Customer service
- Renewal by Andersen - windows