Renewal by Andersen / 1999 Design Flaw
I have spent the past 13 years trying to get Renewal By Andersen to
replace their defective windows. After after the first winter of 1999, it was obvious
that the windows leaked around the moving parts. It took multiple call and emails
to get them to finally recognize that this was a basic design flaw for which there was no fix. I have had taped windows for the past 13 years. Some years I had to put duct-tape in the windows.
I had also contacted Andersen Windows and also filed a complaint for which I received an Andersen Corporate Complaint Number in June, 2000!
In 2010, they offered to replace the windows with an upgraded window ans screen set along with a New Window Warranty.
Very Nice, .
Except the Local Installer, Window Place, knowing the market very well, refuses to supply pictures of the proposed exterior finish for submittal to Homeowners Association. Instead Renewal Corporate has proposed to repay my original ~7000.00 price of the install done in 1999. Except, the local installer mistakenly sent me an email indicating the price was ~13, 000.
I have just recently contacted the local installer with a potential solution, with no response. Typical of Window Place in Washington, D.C.
Do not be fooled by this bunch. They will screw you at every turn and then claim
More Renewal by Andersen Complaints & Reviews
- Renewal By Andersen Replacement Windows - Have nothing to do with The Real Anderson Windows company 
- Renewal by Andersen - Replacement windows 
- Renewal by Andersen - Don't Buy Renewal by Andersen Windows 
- Renewal by Andersen - Pricing 
- Renewal by Andersen - Windows leak air 
- Renewal by Andersen - Warranty 
- Renewal by Andersen - Incorrect advertising concerning installation
- Renewal by Anderson - Windows 
- Renewal by Andersen - Customer service
- Renewal by Andersen - windows