Remax / Sold the home out from under us with no warning

My wife and I found a lovely home that we were really excited about. We went through the all the necessary paperwork with offer and counteroffers. We came to agreement with seller and went as far as having a formal inspection. My wife and were very excited about the premise of actually being able to move into this home. So we were in negotiations with seller just waiting on his end of the paper work. Unbeknown to us an associate of the seller was coming to look at the property. So in the time we were waiting for seller to return our paper work (which we were in negotiations with) sold the home out from under us with no warning what so ever. Not sure if that is legal and even if it is, it seems very shady. I am very angry and miffed and the idea that this can happen. Re-Max what a joke. Your realtor has tarnished your reputation with me and anyone with whom I associate with. I will not be using any of your services realtors basically anything having to do with Re-Max in the future. So thank you Re-Max for using discretion with hire and keeping upstanding employees.(this is sarcasm of course).

Je

Comments

• Pl
      17th of May, 2011

sorry to hear about your disappointment in buying this home. one thing I can tell your from past experience is that if you contact the agent that has the property listed, you will never get full representation. And that is regardless of what company the agent represents. There is no way that one person can fully represent the interest of two competing parties: the buyer wanting the best deal and the seller wanting the most money. The owner of the property can legally continue to seek additional offers while they are considering an offer to purchase, and if a better one comes they are fully within their rights to accept it over the one they were originally considering. There may well have been some "shady" things going on (as you said) but then again, maybe not. The moral of the story is: DON'T WORK WITH THE LISTING AGENT! GET YOUR OWN AGENT AND WORK WITH ONLY ONE. They will represent YOU ALONE in the negotiations and will develop an understanding of your needs and circumstances so that you also get the best service.