Reliance India Call / fake offers, double talk time!

To those who are going on and on about Reliance's offer to double the talktime, in response to Airtel's amazingly low rates, here's a word of caution: After signing up with them, I could learn that the new rates and everything was a big sham. They don't give you double the talk time, they just add a few complementary minutes. The advertising is fraudulent!!!

AirtelCallHome at least delivered on its promises and is a much professional company.

I will any day stick to Airtel and not be lured by Reliance.

D  15th of Jan, 2007 by
I recharged ($25) my account on Dec 10, 06 (I did not know at the time about the promotion). I just checked my account I have been charged 7.9 cents/min instead of the regular 12.99. So I guess you are wrong!
N  19th of Jan, 2007 by
On my 1st $50 charge the balance appeared doubled but the calls were charged at the 12.9 rate, which really brought it to the 7.9 rate or very close to it. - Not sure, if I should call this deal a 'double' talk deal. As part of the same deal, on my second $50 charge within the specified period - the balance did not double this time but the rate is 7.9. ALL OF THIS HAPPENED WITHIN A MONTH - BY THE WAY I CALL A LOT TO INDIA - you noticed.

Bottom line: the call is 7.9/min and there is no double talk time! BTW, there were few FREE min thrown in - no doubt about it and thanks to them for it.

If calling all of this a 'double' talk time - you are right it is WRONG!
A  22nd of Jan, 2007 by
I am a Reliance India Call customer who has decided to discontinue the service due to extremely fraudulent practices followed by them.

As it is, the voice quality is nothing to write home about. I have experienced call drops on quite a few occassions. But honestly, It was the cheapest service available until a few months ago and I had no choice.

After Airtel entered the market, Reliance India Call has apparently tried to pull off a "me too" stunt for double talk time. I say apparently, because what is shown is not the real picture.

First, I receive spam in my mailbox informing me about this great double talk time offer, it being the "festive season" and all that, and announcing me that I'll get double talk time on my first two recharges.

Like an idiot, I recharged - the funny part is the double talk time isn't really "double" to begin with. I just ended up getting a few extra minutes. When I recharged the second time I didn't get double talk time or whatever. After I mailed them about it they took ages to respond.

When I asked them about it, they blamed it all on me and said I should have taken the trouble to read their looooooong terms and conditions.

I still haven't been able to figure out how they duped me.

This is clearly fraudulent advertising by Reliance India Call and I think they shouldn't ### about double talk time if they don't intend to see it through.

My friend who is using a competing service - Airtel CallHome is at least receiving real double talk time, and making calls at 4c a minute. I think I'll switch. NOW

I cant continue with a company which cheats its customers.
A  25th of Jan, 2007 by
Yes, I did experience the same thing. I would suggest you to try Pingo. It has been a pleasant experience with them. Charges are very less as compared to reliance and airtel.
A  27th of Jul, 2007 by
I am very disappointed for the service. I am getting from reliance phone company. First of all phone doesn't work. If its work keep dropping and whom will you complain. I think in india people who ever is handling this phone call they are the dumbest people on this earth. I will never ever use this service. They don't know how to keep customer happy. Very shame to india and the people are working for them. I love America, at least they know how to take care of the customers.
D  27th of Jul, 2007 by
I am not a customer of Reliance but have since found out that talkaloop.com charge are even lower than airtel for India and it does not even impose any tax.
D  29th of Jul, 2007 by
Reliance india call is a relief on hidden costs and other shams, lines are mostly available and the ease of charging, adding additional phones are convenient. No complaints with reliance.
A  4th of Aug, 2007 by
I am not able to call through Reliance Indian Call from my mobile. It just gives a ring& the call does not get connected. After 24 hours they send me 5 emails saying my autorecharge is deactivated& no word about rectifying the problem. Reliance technical support is a shame.
N  14th of Sep, 2007 by

Use Pramotion code:- 149700

Logged in today and get the benifit..... get double talk value......enroll 10$,20$ talk value get 20$,40$ talk value......WOW what a offer.....
very good sound quality, you will never be regret..... after enrolling it..... so go and get it....all Calling number are toll free number, you can enroll as many number as you want..
N  28th of Sep, 2007 by
I was using this a/c to call India since 2006. Now I am unable to view my a/c in my computer . Today I had to ask one of my friend to put more money into my a/c by giving them all my personal information. If I have a number to ask about it, please let me know that.
N  22nd of Oct, 2007 by
I think Reliance traffic is the best in India. I am using Reliance CDMA Mobile for last 5 years. Only the problem I am facing now is Network Problem from last 1.5 years. Earlier It was very good. I think they need take care of the Network also. Then only Reliance would be number one CDMA and Mobile service in India.

A  10th of Nov, 2007 by
Reliance India Call Advertising is VERY MISLEADING. They should be dragged to court and SUED! They CHEAT their customers even after months of business with them. Very UNETHICAL!
A  10th of Nov, 2007 by
Talk about misleading advertising! Reliance India Call takes away the prize... I recharged my account and then they sprang a double dhamaka offer. I thought I am getting a movie download free! But guess, what they charged me for $20, gave me $14 of talk time and $6 for a freaking movie that does not even download. These ### should be banned from doing business in US. Fooling us like as we were born yesterday. And don't even get me started on dropped calls and minutes lost.
A  10th of Nov, 2007 by
RELIANCE INDIA CALL - Such ### service. Their offers are misleading, their reps are rude, their business practices are unethical and I could go on... should we subject ourselves to such treatment to save 7 cents/minute to call home to connect with our loved ones...
A  10th of Nov, 2007 by
If you want to be cheated with misleading offers, subscribe to Reliance India Call! Amazing cheats at very low rates... What a company! Stealing money from poor middle class working families and becoming World's richest Indian! Shame on you!! Extortionists...
A  10th of Nov, 2007 by
Double Dhamaka Offer from Reliance India, it is shame on how they are cheating folks... the Federal Trade Commission should f**k these guys.
A  29th of Nov, 2007 by
The movie download promo is a fraud to steal our money. They take either $3 or $6 from you if you refilled for either $15 or $20. It is interesting they take more away from you for the $20. refill. If it is a true promotion wouldn't they be GIVING you something instead of taking away our money? In addition to that, they do not even give you a choice to refill for $15 or $20 without taking the movie download option. What if you want to just charge $15 or $20 at the regular rate? You do not have any choice other than loosing money. I believe this is very fraudulent, misleading customers, and stealing our money. The customer rep was very rude with remarks like 'how can you be a fool to accept it at the prompt'? The prompt message is not very clear that they are giving you $12 or $14 back. I am done with this crooks.
A  9th of Dec, 2007 by
There is always work around. Go fot the 10$ one multiple times and get recharged for 20 0r 30$... etc... I did the same... Its just working with the system... I think we should know all the tricks.
A  30th of Jan, 2008 by
I agree Reliance is a chor company! I subscribed to their auto-top facility and they totally consfused me by having offering various threshold amounts when the auto top-up triggers. It should have ideally been not more than 5 GBP but they have it until 200 GBP as the minimum threshold when the auto top-up is made. Tell me who in this freaking world would opt for 200 GBP as the minium threshold as the point when the credit card should be re-charged again. Their pricing is also very confusing like a dodgy garage calling card operator. However I tried Trueroots from TATA - which is really good in quality and not a chor company like Reliance!
A  30th of Jan, 2008 by
Yes - Trueroots from TATA is wondeful! Clean and honest like any TATA Company. Reliance are thieves! Dhirubhai was one and so are his children

Reliance Communications Logo Reliance Communications