Regus/hq / scam billing practice

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Unethical contract and billing practice. You find out at the end of the contract term that iIn the very fine print they say you will be billed for "virtual office" services for 3 months for forwarding mail. If you are fortunate to have read this in the first place, you would assume this would be some kind of nominal charge related to costs. NO! For three people we got billed $850 per month for this. And by the way they din't even HAVE our forwarding address so they were doing nothign for this. AND THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE OR EMAILS THEY JUST KEEP BILLING WITH NO OTHER COMMUNICATION POSSIBLE. This is the most unprofessional and unethical business I have ever dealth with, or tried to deal with...

Comments

• Sm
      18th of Aug, 2009

We are a small media company that needed an office so that we can conduct our business in a professional manner. Regus offered us a virtual office plan with 5 hours of conference room time as well as mail handling and voice receptionist for $220 a month. Also, by contract, we were told that they would include our name in the business directory at no charge. Initially, after the first month of billing, they charged us for the business directory fee and began charging all these other fees that were not stated in the agreement. They also told us that they would NEVER tell our clients that they were a virtual office, but a part of our company and I heard from several sources that they in fact told our clients that they were an answering service. Also, they did not answer the phone as they were supposed to on a regular basis and a couple of times all my voice mails were wiped out. After this happened, I started directing my clients to reach me at alternative locations and reduced the amount of mail handling that would come to the office. Nevertheless, we were charged about $500 a month for fees that did not exist. If we were late on payment for a week, they would shut off the service and voicemail theatening me and charging a $45 late fee. I have never experienced this and feel extorted as a small business and am very angry and distraught by this. I want people to know what happened so that this doesn't happen to you. If you are in need of a virtual office, STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! THEY ARE CROOKS, CRIMINALS AND LIARS!!!. God help you if you sign with them.