RCI / timeshare exchange program

1 9998 North Michigan RoadCarmel IN, United States Review updated:

Sold a vacation timeshare after an exhausting day of touring and sales pitch in July 2015. Purchased 1 week of unit at Canada House in Florida. Appeared to be a good value for our family vacations based on Trading Points for unit. We had no desire to stay at this unit as it is too small for our family. Again, purchased this timeshare for trading points only. Dissatisfied with the company for the following reasons: (1) Unable to deposit exchange week until annual maintenance fees paid for unit purchased. (2) Unable to pay maintenance fees until amount assessed in October. (3) Paid fees and began search for vacation to enjoy spring break in April 2015. (4) Spent hours and hours trying to understand website and trading options. The website is not user friendly. Read all the information provided. Completed tutorials. Spoke with consultants one the phone and had online chats for assistance. (5) Unable to locate accommodations for the location desired - units available were too small or undesirable. (6) Expanded search nationwide - still no units available as requested. The program is advertised as having thousands of units (options) worldwide. However, this is a huge overstatement. After spending hours and hours searching, we were unable to confirm accommodations as needed (date, size and location). Request release from membership ASAP.

Na
Jan 4, 2016

Comments

20th of Jul, 2016

I also bought at CanAda house. I banked my week soon as I was able too. I was told to book 45 days or less. Well now 3rd vacation this year and still no availability. When I spoke with manager she spoke to me like a kid. She would not let me speak. She wanted to do all the talking. When I felt I was getting no where I told her this phone call is pointless and I'm over it. She said she was too. This is how the management speaks to their customers who pay tons of money. But gets nothing in return. Not to mention my daughter is paying for this. She gave me a week. My mother . And her. My name is on it. But my 22 year old pays and her name is also on it. I feel like we just got robbed. We banked our week In return to pay for this and our 3 vacations we planned out of pocket!!! The 3rd one is coming up. Rci needs to get it together. The rude Manger telling me to be quite so she can tell me how it can benefit me and save me money. Unacceptable!!! Not knowing how to report her even more unacceptable!!! I was explainingredients what all I done and she was saying what everyone else says but yet no vacation through what we are paying for monthly... rip off. And that lady needs a attitude adjustment. Big time!!!