RCA TV 32 / Don't count on RCA!

RCA 32"TV bought at Walmart, Denham Springs, Louisiana

Bought the TV for my father, who is legally blind and has Alzheimer's. He mainly listens to the news on TV. Sound went out after 6 months. RCA/Thompson will not do anything because my BLIND father - with Alzheimer's - cannot produce the receipt. He misplaced it. RCA looked up the TV by the serial #, and verified it was sold in Dec 06, thereby making it still under warranty. But they won't authorize the service dealer to do anything because of the lost receipt. Mind you, DEC 2006 is stamped on the back on the TV with the serial number! Walmart will not take the TV back -- guess why? Because of the lost receipt.

IF YOU ARE OLD AND HANDICAPPED, DON'T COUNT ON RCA OR WALMART TO DO ANYTHING EXCEPT SELL YOU A FAULTY TV!

Ea

Comments

11th of Jul, 2007

We bought an RCA 32" Television 3/29/06. August 06' it went out, stopped working. Full warranty is only 3 months. They wanted us to drive for 6 hrs to a repair center. After numerous, pestering, phone calls they finally agreed to send us a new one. And sent us a shipping label to send back the old one. We received the new one 12/22/06.

7/7/07 New replacement TV goes out. Same thing as first one. RCA is a piece of Junk. Got off of the phone today asking for a refund this time. They won't refund money, the wanted to release me from my warranty and have me drive the 6 hrs to have it repaired at my expense. I explained that this was not an option and this was not my problem that they make inferior products. They agreed to send me another one. What kind of company can stay in business with products that last only several months. Especially high ticket items. Imagine if they made cars.

• Mi
      19th of Dec, 2007

RCA and Wal Mart -- what a pair. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced. RCA admitted that these TV's were no good. They told me that they were not reapirable. Yet they continue to give me grief about replacing a TV that lasted 99 days. Thier customer service reps are a joke. I have been dealing with these people for almost 9 weeks. I still don't have my replacement TV. In fact I probably will never see it. I have furnished them with everything they have requested more than once. They can't cordinate anything.. They loose or at least say they never received anything you send them. I even sent copys of everything they requested UPS overnight and they signed for the package. Guess what, they say they never received it. Wal Mart is no better. I have spoken with the local store manager and I also contacted the corporate customer service rep in Bentonville. They were very attentive and seemed very sincere at helping with my problem. So concerned in fact, that they never bothered to return my call as promised. They could do thier customers a favor and refuse to sell any products made by RCA or Thompson Inc.