RCA / Thomson Inc. / Terrible customer service!

I purchased an MP3 player for my son for Christmas 2006. It was a model H100. Before New Years Day it had froze up and we couldn't get it to work. I called their tech support at the number listed on the instruction manual in the box, which incidentally had been changed. I guess they're to busy addressing consumer complaints to rewrite their manual. They informed me that I would have to ship it to their exchange center at my own cost and once they received it they would mail a replacement out within 4-6 business days. It was January the 19th before we received the replacement. But wait, that's only the start. 12 days and 3 uses later of the new model H106- it froze up as well. The new and improved model had a great added feature though. When it freezes up it also hums and ticks like a homemade bomb from a Rambo movie. Now that's top of the line merchandise worth every penny of the $139.00 plus tax paid for it.

I contacted their tech support center again. Still the wrong number on the instruction manual. They tell me that if I ship this faulty equipment back again they'll send me another one. Well, I explained to them that I'm in the process of moving and don't really know where to have them ship it. They told me that if I give them a credit card number that they'll ship the new one right away and refund my card as soon as they receive the faulty unit. I told them that they were crazy. I've already paid for their less than PERFECT unit once and I won't pay again. They did offer to send me a shipping label so I wouldn't have to pay the postage but it would take 4-6 business days for me to receive the label. Guess their labels aren't any better than their MP3 players!! I expressed my thoughts and feelings on the way that they handle business and I plan to file a complaint with their customer service department as soon as I can get someone to actually answer the phone there. Guess they're busy rewriting their instruction manuals. Hope they can spell better than they can manufacture MP3 players. Gotta laugh!!!

Thank you for letting me vent and tell the rest of the consumers out there what to watch out for. I run a hotel and we do whatever it takes to make any unhappy guests satisfied. It's a shame that everyone can't take their consumers needs as seriously.

A  3rd of Mar, 2007 by
Yes i agree strongly, but umm.. what is the contact number because i also have the rca h100 and it did the freezing up and ticking thing. I went back to wal mart where i had bought it but they told me i would have to contact the manufacture. What do i do?? Aand how much will i pay? Please write back i miss my music!!!
A  5th of Mar, 2007 by
I have the same problem with RCA/Thompson inc!!! Bought a portable DVD player for my son for Xmas and it doesn't work. I had to ship to them in Texas at my own expense, that was on 01/24 and I haven't heard a word since! No letter, no new product, nothing!! it's been impossible to get a customer service #. I'd like to try even though they never answer. Does anyone have anything to try?
thanks, and RCA stinks!!!
A  12th of Mar, 2007 by
My TV quit working on Dec. 29th.Called RCA told to call Thompson.After attempts to get troubleshooting information, paying 42.00 to send back bulb, to get a new one that wasn't the problem anyway, I was advised to take it to a service center for warranty covered repairs.Thompson company gave me the dealer to take it to I took it 7 weeks ago and still have had no TV. Informed part that was bad was on backorder from RCA.Dalton TV of Radford Virginia is the service dealer with my TV.I am loosing faith in RCA quickly! We are working on week 8 here and still no TV. Tried calling Dalton again and still got voicemail, left message at 8am and still no call back. Hey they just have my 1400.00 tv, no big deal right? By the time I get my TV back, the warranty will no longer be valid and the TV will probably still stink!!!
N  15th of Jul, 2007 by
My RCA H106 froze after using it a few times and I can't find out how to fix it. It now says FAT Error.

A  30th of Aug, 2007 by
Same problem as was posted by Alex Christiensen "FAT error pls connect UMS device format" But when I try to connect the player to my computer it will not connect. RCA only has drivers available for download for windows 98SE. If I need to format the player it cannot connect anyway. I have written to RCA 3 times and still no reply.
A  31st of Aug, 2007 by
I regret my purchase of an RCA High Def, 50 " DLP. Model 50DLPW165. After a year - the lamp went - $ 300.00. Less than 2 years later - the Digital Module went out - $ 475.00 plus labor. $ 950.00 in repairs in less than 3 years that cost $ 2000.00 And what did RCA have to say? A computer generated Email thanking me and referred me to Thomson Network. Result: Voice mail maze that did not address my needs.
A  19th of Nov, 2007 by
My 61 inch Rca Dlp tv is just two years old and the color wheel
went out. Two months now and the dealer tells me that the
part is still on national back order. Doesn't that tell you something, so many of these things have failed they are on back order. Shouldn't RCA Thomson issue a recall of this junk they produced. I will never purchase anything RCA or Thomson produces again. What used to be the top of the line equipment is now junk. I will be on a campaign to let people know about this junk.
A  25th of Jul, 2008 by
I also regret buying RCA product. I am having problem with my DVD/VHS comb unit. I had took this unit back to Wal-Mart within two week time. Wal-mart exchange for another unit. The unit stop working after three month time. I than mail back to the company. . They did replace the unit with the same model. After two month the unit stop working . I call the Thomson Inc customer service about this problem. They told me they will mail me a shipping label. So I can return the unit back to them. That about two week ago. I call them about this matter again. I got diconnect and put on hold for very long time. I am filing a complaint about their customer service department. Tell you one thing I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy another RCA product again. I guarantee you that!!!
A  2nd of Oct, 2008 by
We purchased a 52" RCA TV a little over 2 years ago. The deflection module went out and we have been waiting over 3 months for the part. I have been on several websites and everyone I have been on has had several complaints about the same problem. I have contacted customer service several times and they are terrible. They will never let me speak to a manager and seem to think that this is all a big joke. I am hoping that if enough people file complaints and get the word out there, RCA will begin to have some recalls on their terrible products. I will never buy anything RCA again and would advice anyone who is looking for new electronics to stay away from RCA.
N  4th of Oct, 2008 by
Horrible Customer service did not want me to talk to the supervisor
very frustrating
I have a TV that need to be taken care of and I cant through to the people who can fix it.
A  13th of Nov, 2008 by
I so regret buying an MP3 from RCA! they suck like no other product.. my mp3 lost all the words the next day and i tried to contact customer service but all i get is a stupid machine to talk to and no one is fixing my problem damn it! i spent all my money on this stupid mp3 and now it has problems on its own and the company doesn't even try to help fix it but avoid us! WHAT THE HELL... RCA products SUCK.. they should go out of business if they dont give a ### about other peoples problems with there products!!! im so mad
P.S. pardon my language.. its just that im so fed up with this BS
A  18th of May, 2009 by
i also bought a new tv in less yhan 2 months screen goes bad customer service is in phillipines repeat over and over they have my tv for 2 months now we are waiting for abroken tv that can be refurbished and sent to me they dont have a clue when that could be .prob never since all of these peoples tvs are sitting in a repair shop being told same thing there not sending these tvs back to them from repair shops i told them i bought a new tv i want a new tv they repeat the same sob story they are giving all of us they are in the plillipines jut to repeat same story and not give out any info i need someone to contact about this .
N  4th of Jun, 2009 by
You cannto talk to anyone in the states only in the phillipines. This is a rip off company. I have been trying since January, 6 months to get a $198.00 refund and all I get is runaround about changing the system and will send a check in a few weeks. How long does it take to write a check? In the Phillipines it takes at least 3 months.
A  22nd of Aug, 2009 by
I used to service TVs. RCA is worst design ever. Power supplies quit and cant be fixed, RCA would not help me as they didn't know what to do and these are 'Engineers' who designed them. When Id get parts, ordered 3 as 2 were always bad. RCA should go out of business and I recommend Sony or Toshiba instead. RCA will NOT honor warrenty-period.

rca.com / Technicolor Logo rca.com / Technicolor