RCA Model 20F524T / The TV won't work and RCA just wants more money

1 Norman, OK, United States

I purchased a television model # 20F524T, in April 2008. In August 2008 the television began turn on and off, all on its own, every 9 seconds. I emailed the company, who told me to call the customer service line and provided the number for me. I called.
I found their phone menu options to be quite confusing. I picked the option for repairs and troubleshooting. This is the wrong choice. All I heard was a recorded message telling me how to find a copy of the manual on the internet and then it disconnected me. I sent the company another email and I was told, once again, to call the 800 number but to be very careful about the selection I made. I tried again and I, for obvious reasons, did not choose the troubleshooting and repair, this time I picked the "questions about" option and got a live person. They told me nothing could be done about my complaint until I faxed in my bill of sale. Once I faxed that in I would have to wait three days for a resolution specialist to call me. I faxed it in and four days later I got a phone call from their resolution specialist. I was told that my warrenty had expired, it's only good for 90 days, and that I would have to pay them $79 plus tax and they would send out a replacement tv. Are they kidding me! I have only had this tv for four months and they want me to spend more money on another one of their products. I asked this "specialist" to speak with her manager about this fee, since I don't think they should be asking consumers who've had one of their products for four months to spend more money. She told me it didn't matter who she or I spoke with, the company adhere's to their warranty only. If I want this tv replaced it will have to send it to them, pay them another $80 plus dollars. I'm not spending any more money on a company who stands behind their products for 90 days only, who expect comsumers to spend more money on their product and who obviously have no concern for customers.

Ko