Raymour & Flanigan / delivery delay!

1 Waterbury, CT, United States Review updated:

I have purchased a bed and 3 piece sofa set on Nov 25th, 2007. The goods have not been delivered to be so far as of today (12/12/2007). I have to call them everytime for confirmation of delivery and receive the inevitable "We cannot deliver" response. Finally, they cannot even confirm the date of delivery now. The company representatives never call me on their own to communicate the problem. I have to initiate it. All in all... worst possible service. My new home experience has been tarnished by the inefficiency of the company since we cannot sit comfortably nor can we invite anyone to our new home.

Comments

Ca
  2nd of Feb, 2008

I'm so happy I read these complaints as I was getting ready to go to Raymour & Flanigan today (2/02/08) to look for a kitchen set and guest bedroom set. I've been in R&F before but never saw anything that I liked but figured I'd give it another try. I've always wondered who makes the furniture they sell because some of it looks flimsy and cheap. There is a wonderful furniture store in Toms River called Seaside Furniture and I have bought several pieces from them and they DO stand by their merchandise. The only problem I have is that I wish it were closer to me. Also, there is Gelco Woodcraft Unfinished furniture in Ocean County (Eatontown) on Rt. 35 a little way past Monmouth Mall. ALL the furniture they carry is solid wood and very well made. You can paint or stain it yourself or they will do it for a small additional cost. I'm going to check out Seaside Furniture and Gelco this week.