Ralphs Grocery Store (Owned By Kroger) / Rude employees, no rebate check, do not honor their own ad.

1 El Camino RealSan Clemente, CA, United States Review updated:

On one occasion a fat checker made repeated snide comments to the bagger because I requested paper bags. They never send rebate checks even after numerous phone calls. Today I saw in their ad 4 boxes of Kellogg's cereal "17.6 Oz to 25.5 OZ for $10.00" I shopped for various items and after waiting in line for 10 minutes finally paying and getting my receipt, I noticed I was charged $16.74 instead of $10 for 4 boxes of cereal. I returned to the same checker (whose name tag proclaimed her as a manager) and showed her the ad and pointed out the mistake. She first loudly denied the mistake, then after I showed her again where the ad specifically said "25.5 OZs" she yelled that I had the wrong size, at which time her current customer called me "A rude son of a ###" drawing the attention of the entire store! Finally the manager "Gary" showed up, I showed him the ad and waited for him to walk to the cereal aisle (for what reason I don't know?) Upon returning he refused to honor the printed ad and tried to talk me into accepting smaller boxes even though he acknowledged the ad saying 25.5 OZs. At this point I demanded a refund and left.

Si

Comments

• Br
      5th of Dec, 2010

I agree with you...Ralph's employees are EXTREMELY RUDE and unprofessional. I was a regular customer at the Ralph's located at 10900 Magnolia Blvd. North Hollywood, CA. I was waiting patiently for 10 minutes at the Ralph's Deli/Meat section. One of the workers were helping other customers. While I was waiting, another customer comes up beside me. A second employee comes out of the back and ask who was here first...I told her I was and I began to give her my order but she ignores me and starts helping the second customer (who came up behind me)...So Customer #2 explains to the worker that I too was here FIRST but she ignores that fact and still refuses to help me...so I went to the store manager and to her supervisor...they bring Judy (the RUDE employee) out and she is belligerent, calls me a liar, DENIES the fact that the event took place..and says there is nothing she can do about it..and that she didn't care...both the Store Manager and Supervisor witnessed the employee being rude to me and did nothing either. What happened to customer service and loyalty. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT RALPH'S AGAIN!!!

• Kt
      7th of Dec, 2013

Every store is different as is every employee. To make a blanket statement that all Ralph's employees are rude is, therefore, unjust. As for the customers, the vast majority are relatively polite. That said, I'm sure if someone walked into your place of employment and mistreated you by talking rude to you, down to you, or used demeaning language to you they would be asked to leave -- immediately! Not so here at good old Ralphs, for we must tolerate the odd rude and abrasive customer no matter what. And if one of the employees failed to do so then too bad, so sad the person they were rude to likely had the treatment coming to them. But the solution to all of this is very simple: don't be rude to people you don't know, anywhere, ever -- especially where they work. Karma is unpredictable, so try your best to spread that which is good, for the bad will inevitably come back to you bite you in the end.