Menu
CB Grocery Stores and Market Ralphs Grocery 4760 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90019, US
Ralphs Grocery company logo
Ralphs Grocery
reviews & complaints
Ralphs Grocery company logo

Ralphs Grocery

4760 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90019, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Working hours
Sun
ComplaintsBoard
A
11:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ralphs Grocery - Cashier issue

Location: 4760 W Pico Blvd

Cashier: Michael W

Date: 06/21/22

Time: 7:37pm

I just returned home from an unfortunate cashier experience at Ralph's. I was waiting my turn in line and anticipating asking the cashier (who I noticed was a Manager because of his nametag, and thus thought he might know off the top of his head) about a specific kind of liquor I was going to purchase if in stock (behind the locked cabinets at the front). While I was waiting, I noticed he was on the phone, talking in a leisurely way, and what I mean by that, is that he didn't seem to be acting with any sense of urgency to attend to his customers right in front of him.

When it was my turn, my items were starting to be rung up, but he was still on the phone and didn't acknowledge me at all. I had to ask the person bagging my groceries about the whiskey. She was very nice, but wasn't sure if they carried it, and hadn't heard of it before, but she walked over to the cabinets with me anyway to look. I really appreciated her in trying to assist me.

Realizing I was holding up our line by walking over, I tried to be super quick at looking at each cabinet. All the while, I was aware the cashier was still on the phone this entire time. My hope was that he would put his call on hold and ask if I needed help with looking for something, as by now it was evident that I was looking for something specific. I didn't end up finding it, and the only words I heard from the cashier was thank you at the end when he handed me my receipt.

I normally have a very good experience at this location, though I do normally use self checkout, but I was purchasing a bottle of wine and it needed to be rung up in person. As someone who has worked in hospitality my entire life, and someone fairly new to the area, I was disappointed in my service tonight from someone who was in a managerial position, and just hope for a better experience next time. Thank you for taking the time to read my complaint.

Read full review of Ralphs Grocery and 1 comment