Radio Shack / return policy

1 Alpena, MI, United States Review updated:

This is the letter that I forwarded to Radio Shack:

To Whom It May Concern:

Yesterday, December 13th, 2008, I purchased an Eton FR300 weather radio from your store in Alpena, MI. When I entered your store I was shown two units that were on a 2-day sale. One was the Eton FR300, and the other was the 7-Channel Handheld Weatheradio® with SAME Operation. After weighing the differences, we chose the Eton.

When we got home we decided to open it up and test it, to make sure that it worked properly prior to wrapping it for Christmas. Glad we did, the unit worked on the weather channel, but not on FM or AM.

I called the store and spoke with one of the sales team (name not mentioned). I asked if I could return the Eton and get the 7-Channel Handheld Weatheradio® with SAME Operation at the price that it was being offered when I purchased the Eton. He stated that he could not, and that no matter what reason, when a sale is over, it's over.

If I were returning it just to exchange to the other unit without having a problem with the original item purchased I could understand the policy. However, knowing that the unit is not working properly, I cannot comprehend why your policy would be to not allow a customer an exchange for a different product from the date of purchase that was on sale at that time. If this truly is your policy, then I hope you understand that I cannot support that policy and must choose to not continue as a patron.

To finish this, after I was told that information I then stated that I was going to return it and not purchase anything if I could not get the sales price on the other unit. Your sales associate stated, "that's up to you".

I am going to return the Eton and purchase a NOAA radio from a company that does not endorse a similar policy.

Ro

Comments

• El
      6th of Jan, 2009

Sale was over it’s out of their hands, radio shack managers have very little discretion and powers to overwrite the main corp. office.