Having problems with Radio Shack?

Radio Shack Customer Service Contacts

801 NE 38th St.
Fort Worth, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Radio Shack Customer Service. Initial Radio Shack complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Radio Shack above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Radio Shack. Discuss the issues you have had with Radio Shack and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Radio Shack Complaints & Reviews

Radio Shackmisrepresentation of replacement plan

I made a cell phone purchase in december for my son for christmas, the lady who helped me asked if i would like to purchase the replacement plan for the phone and explained that it would cover any damages to the phone. I asked to be sure i understood correctly again she assured that it would cover any damages even if it was his fault. When the phone was damaged due to him dropping it on the road the company said they would not honor the replacement plan that it only covered damages due to manufacture fault.

Radio Shack/Pandigital e-readerrefused warranty service on defective product

We purchased two Pandigital e-readers the day after Thanksgiving 2011. My reader has never charged properly - you had to get the cable 'just right' for it to connect. It also frequently reset itself for no good reason. I just dealt with it, since I knew it wasn't 'top of the line'. Now it has become impossible to get the reader to charge. I took it to Radio Shack in Stillwater & first, the manager said I had bent the cable end & that's why it wouldn't charge. I pointed out that the one in my hand was my hubby's cord, which worked fine with his reader. I told him it wouldn't work properly with either cord, & I'd had problems with it since I bought it. He told me I must have 'bent the port & broke it loose' in the reader. The port looks fine, with no apparent damage & I haven't done anything to it. He said he wouldn't do anything for me, & since I must have damaged it, I could try to contact the manufacturer, but they probably wouldn't do anything. Radio Shack used to stand behind their products, but now they are just liars & thieves.

• Bo
        BOmand Sep 19, 2012

Radio Shack in Elk Grove Ca does not Respect their warranties either. I had purchased a 1 year warranty on the front part of the warranty it stated cracked screens for any reason they would fix, they lied I had my Pandigital for only 2 months when my screen cracked and they didn't repair it and I fought with them I even went to Pandigital and they didn't help me either. I'll never go to Radio Shack again and have stopped referring potential customers to them.
        Omand

Radio Shackservice

I purchased a cell phone and the insurance on my phone, in California. I then moved to Arizona and shortly after my phone started acting up so I took it back to Radio Shack and per their policy they were going to ship it back to the warranty department and then send me a gift card (via email) to purchase a new phone. I did all the leg work and created the claim. All I needed to do was return it to the store (off Bell Road in Surprise) and they would overnight it for me. I dropped it off Sunday night and was told it will go out Monday and I would have my gift card Monday evening, Tuesday at the latest. Tuesday rolls around and still no card so I called the store. They had no information so they were going to check on it for me and call me back. 20 minutes later no response so I called them back. Turns out the person who took in my phone lost my information and never printed the FedEx air-bill so my phone was just sitting there. There was no real apology or going the extra mile. I am now hostage to Radio Shack and will not have any time to get a replacement phone for at least 2 weeks. This has been the WORST experience ever and I will definitely not do business with Radio Shack again. They totally dropped the ball and offered no solution aside from taking the package to a FedEx drop off, which was NEXT DOOR to their store after I offered to come down and do all the legwork for them. Even at that I will not get my gift card until it's basically too late. At this point, i would rather the money back instead of a gift card because I do not wish to spend another dime at any Radio Shack Store.

johnnyman Sep 19, 2012

I couldnt agree more with you pissed at radio shack. I turned my phone into them on the 29th of August. And am still waiting for my gift card. Everytimr i call i get the run around. First they say 2-3 business days. I heard that 3 times. Then i get told 3-5 business days. so i waited again. when nothing happened i was told 5-10 business days. I also use my phone for business. and dont tell me to switch my phone to a landline shacker. Radio Shack needs to honor their commitments and do what they say. And im not going to go spend money for a trac phone. Thats just ridiculous. like Radio Shacks Warranty. I used to have no problems with Radio Shack. But they are becomming more and more dishonorable!!!

• St
          startreker Mar 15, 2012

Go ahead buy the replacement phone. When you receive your gift card bring the packaging and the receipt back into the store. We will return the cash (or put back on your card) and will redeem the gift card for the phone you all ready bought. There will be no issues as long as the return is done with in 30 days.

Shacker Jan 26, 2012

I understand your last reply. Makes it a bit clearer.

Some ideas for you, ask your carrier how to forward your number to a lineline where you are. It's easy.

If that won't work, Go to 7-11 (open late) pick up a cheap tracfone, 9.99, put a $20 airtime card, then have your number forwarded to the tracfone number.

Best of luck.

Shacker Jan 26, 2012

Last reply. Makes it a bit clearer.

Some ideas for you, ask your carrier how to forward your cell number to a lineline where you are. It's easy.

If that won't work, Go to 7-11 (open late) pick up a cheap tracfone, 9.99, put a $20 airtime card, then have your cell number forwarded to the tracfone number.

Best of luck.

• Pi
          Pissed at Radioshack Jan 25, 2012

Thanks for your comment. I do agree with you and in normal circumstances would have NO problem but I deliberately planned returning my phone around the ONLY 2 days off I get. I let the rep know that and discussed my options with the warranty department and chose to return my phone at this time, so it does not affect me or work because I use this phone for work. I will NOT have another day off for another 2 weeks and I need the phone for work. I work 12 - 13 hour days and do not have time during the day or even evening to swing by a store to pick up my replacement. Hence the reason I planned everything around my only two days off. I did my research, I knew how this worked and made sure to give myself 2 days to get the gift card. At this point I do not have my work phone and have been reprimanded. So I do appreciate your comment but perhaps you should consider why I am so frustrated rather than assuming I’m just out to bash Radio Shack. You know what they say about assuming…

Shacker Jan 25, 2012

Okay, Pissed at Radioshack.
          Point 1. Yes, the employee did mess up. A stupid mistake.
          Point 2. If they or you log into www.returnmyitem.com, with the authoring number, you / they can print out the shipping lable.

Now, if you / they get the package shipped 1 day late, as soon as the FED-EX driver scans the shipping label, your card is processed right away. Check your email for the message with your gift card number now.

Why you think you are "hostage to Radio Shack and will not have any time to get a replacement phone for at least 2 weeks" is a pure BS statement.

Bottom line, yes the employee messed up, if it was shipped the next day, that's not two weeks. Calm down, redeem your card, get your phone and move on. I'm sure the kid feels bad for making a mistake, his boss will take care of his punishment.

• My
          Mystic_Kanjie Dec 29, 2010

As a Ex-worker for Radioshack. I can tell you that Portboy is correct. The salesmen/Women do NOT service the T.V.s. We are trained to show you the number to call if something happens. Back when i worked it was a little paper pamflit black in color that had "WARRENTY" on the front. In said paper had a number. This is the number you should have called. Not the store in which you bought it.

portboy88 Dec 29, 2010

Sales people do not go out and do the repairs ourselves. We send our technicians out and do them. They get paid through Radioshack and no one else.

• Ev
          everythingnice Sep 11, 2010

While at radio shack today I was waiting to check out, I was asked by one employe if I needed anything I said, no, well when I finally needed help, that one nice guy was busy, but there was "jake" who was just walking around playing on his cell phone, he didnt even noticed I was standing at the register I made a comment to him, "so, do you work here (which I knew he did he was in uniform) or are you going to play on your phone all day"His response was "oh I didnt even notice anyone was standing there" I believe that with the way the economy is now, there are plenty of people who would gladly help your customers.I am very disappointment with my service today, and I hope something is done about it!
          THIS HAPPENED ON, AND THE NAME OF THE EMPLOYEE
          JAKE employee ID 612,
          on Sept. 11, 2010 at 12:57 pm,
          store contact # [protected]

• Ho
          hoofbeat22 Oct 10, 2009

the owner of the store greg did not want to come the 50 miles to service my 50 in tv after the sales man asured me if i bought the tv they would. the salesman told me not to buy from walmart or bestbuy becouse thry would not service the owner was rude abusive swearing all over warenty work. greg stated that lg would only give him so much travel money. they wanted the sale but never intended to service the tv

Radio Shackcell phone protection plan

Gabriel at Radio Shack flat out lied to me about the coverage on their protection plan. I was told that their plan would cover any loss except a lost or stolen cell phone. The phone was dropped and the screen cracked. I call the insurance company and was told it was not covered. I only had protection for mechanical issus. I called the Radio Shack complaint line and told them about the lie. A few days later Fred (district manager) called to tell me that there was nothing he could do since I could not prove that Gabriel had lied to me. Now I will need to pay Sprint $100 to repair the screen on the phone. Stay away from those liars at Radio Shack!

Radio Shackpoor customer service!

This store is by far, the worst customer-oriented Radio Shack branch I have ever visited. My experience started a few days ago, when I was shopping for a Blackberry Playbook tablet. The night before Black Friday, I visited their website and that location stated they had this item in stock. They opened at 530, so I arrived at the store at 430am and was in the first group allowed to shop at opening time. After telling the salesperson what I wanted, and turned down his suggestive selling attempts to sell me every accessory known to man, I had my credit card in hand when the salesperson notified me they didn't have any in stock. An oriental woman "seemed" to be the person in charge, so I asked her could I could get a raincheck since the website says she has them in stock. She actually giggled to herself and told me "Ohh no way." Then the salesperson went over to talk with the woman, and I overheard her say "try to sell him something else." So then he asked me if I wanted the more expensive iPad 2. This was a couple 100 more than I was prepared to spend, and I refused. This really seemed like the old bait-and-switch trick. The website indicates "come on in and get your item" but when you get there it's "whoops, we don't have those.. buy something more expensive!" I had to act like I worked there, and said "Well can you call another local store and see if THEY have one??" So the guy called three different stores and said they were all sold out too, even though the website indicated they were in stock just hours before when I did my research. I told them I have been a customer of Radio Shack for over 25 years and have never been so disappointed with them, and the woman said, "Oh ok." and she really gave me the indication I was not important. I began walking towards the door, furious and actually shaking because I was so mad and I told her "I will NEVER shop again in this store" and she replied, "Oh alright, bye" and didn't even look up from what she was doing. When I got to my car, I called their 800 # and told them about my horrible experience and the man apologized sincerely, and asked what I was looking to buy. I told him what I wanted, and my zip code, and he located one in less than one minute of wait time.. AND provided me with the phone number. I called them, asked them to hold it for me and told them I would drive straight there. The other location was only FIFTEEN minutes away. How did the kid tell me none of the other locations had this item, when a branch 15 minutes away did? This Radio Shack at College Square in Newark, DE was clearly more worried about hitting target sales and goals, rather than keeping a loyal customer happy. I arrived at the other location and within five minutes I was back in my car, with the Playbook in hand. The other sad part of this story is the second store I visited that had their act together had no customers, and the store I had left in a rage had a line outside waiting to get inside. And perhaps to discover their item wasn't in stock either! Do yourself a favor.. Drive the couple minutes further to visit another branch, and steer clear of the College Square location!

Radio Shackunethical

I am writing regarding my recent experience with Radio Shack. My 12 yr. old needed a calculator for school and I took her to Radio Shack to purchase it. The sales person talked her into upgrading saying it would then be something she could use into college. She took this to school and was unable to use it. We tried to return it but as the original packaging could not be reused, were told that it was too bad. This is a $17.99 calculator that a grown up sold to child. She was very embarrassed and upset. I will check with FTC regarding "selling up" to children.

• G.Smiley Sep 22, 2011

Why did you let your 12-year old get talked into something she didn't want or need? Were you the one paying for it? You could have said no. Why can't she use it? At least it wasn't a lot of money.

• Go
                GoldOpals Opals Sep 21, 2011

Did the school give any guidlines as to what type of calculator was allowed? Why was she unable to use the 'fancy' calculator?

Louisville Radio ShackPoor Management

I entered a radio shack on newcut rd. in louisville ky. when a sales man greeted me at the door I asked him how much HP 60 tri color printer ink was he walked over to it and read me the price from the sticker where it was stocked I said cool ring me up he. He rang me up and told me a higher price than what he originally told me so I asked him was he sure, we walked back over to where it was stocked well it was stocked wrong there were a few colored ink stocked were black ink should be and black ink were colored ink was suppose to be, I asked him if he thought he should give it to me at the price it was stocked he said that he wasnot able to do that that his manager was the only one that could but he had no problem calling him.

he called his manager and explained the situation, I could tell the salesman was very embarrassed and uncomfortable by what he was saying to his manager on the phone it sounded like he was explaining to the manger that the customer (me) didnot switch the prices on the merchandise because he was with me in the very small store( the price difference was not much of a difference but it was the principle of the matter and the way you could tell the way the manger was being) really I felt bad for the sales person because when hung up the phone he had to tell me he was very sorry he seemed embarrassed and even degraded.

Radio shack is only a few blocks from the house i just stoped to see if there price was cheaper or even the same as walmart, I did not buy the ink there I drove the 4mls to walmart and paid the same price, I usually buy my dvd/r’s there about once a month but I will not buy anything else from radio shack I know it may seem petty but other times Ive been in that radio shack Ive heard people complaining about the manger being a rude and cocky lil punk.

Radio Shackemployee was rude

I called the Radio Shack at Front and Snyder avenue in Philadelphia, Pa. to ask about an issue I am having with a PC bought there. An African-American answered and I asked him. He told me to hold, then he got back on the phone using an accent, saying he can’t help me. I saw right through his bull and am very upset. My PC is still not powering up and now I’m upset over what is supposed to be a professional to some degree making me feel like an idiot for whatever reason. I just think he had better things to do and couldn’t deal with it. He needs to be fired. I called Sat. June 11th in the afternoon, so you can pinpoint the Radio Shack employee.

Radio Shack — rude store attendant & manager

On 7/6/11 at 5:50 pm I had called to the store I asked the store attendant if they had any of the HTC 4G Evo...

Radio Shackrude, unreasonable manager

I bought my HTC Inspire Device a couple of weeks ago.. I suddenly had a problem with my camera. I never dropped or did damage to the phone. I told this to the store manager and he said that he will exchange my phone for a new one. He told me that I will need the 'box' to make the exchange. I had everything else except the 'box'. Who will keep the box of a product after they purchase it? I told this to the manager and he told me that this information was on the receipt. I was trying to make my point, but he kept cutting me off. So, I told him if i call customer service at Radio Shack, would they say the same thing? He replied, "I don't care what they say. I need the box." This was pretty funny because I could just give him the box when I get a new phone...I called customer service right after I left the store and they said that I DONT need the box. I just need everything in it. I returnd to the store, with the customer service assistant on the telephone because I knew this guy would not listen to me. I entered the store, with the customer service assistant on the phone. She said that she will speak to that person and make sure i get my new phone. He refused to take the phone call saying again "I don't care what they say." He was on the phone, but he wasn't talking to anybody. SO I asked him again to take the phone, and he refused again. He said to me, "DUDE IM ON THE PHONE." I was shocked when this person talked to me like that. Is that how radioshack employees talk to their customers? The customer service assistant asked for the store number, and his name. Right after I told her that information, that guy said "I'll give you a new phone just bring all the stuff." He gave me no explanation or an apology for being wrong. When I returned back to the store with my charger to exchange my phone, he didn't even look or me or give me an apology. Who does he think he is? This guy was straigt up rude and I could tell he just didnt want to give me a new phone. When I first bought my phone here, I gave him the lowest grade on the customer service survey which was texted to my phone. He was not polite and did not appreciate me at all as a customer from the beginning. I was quite shocked how this person treats his customers in such a way. I have never been treated this way at any other store. The fact that he refused to take the phone call, calling me DUDE, and not apologizing to me eventhough it was his mistake is not acceptable. He is actually the store manager there, which is ironic. The sales assistant was actually pretty nice but the manger himself is terrible in treating customers. His name is Aaron Bronz.

portboy88 Oct 27, 2011

Actually, I agree that the manager was rude. I was a manager at RadioShack in Columbus, Ohio and I only had a total of 2 customer complaints. Both dealing with phones. But the manager was correct...we are not allowed to return/swap phones if you don't have the box. The store and company gets a chargeback, which means we get charged the total unactivated price of the phone, if we don't have that, the receipt, and all accessories from the box. That customer service associate was mistaken on that part. I have had customers complain about that but it does say on the receipt that we need the box to return/swap it out. He may have been rude, and that does reflect horribly on the other managers that RadioShack has because we're not all that bad, but I understand how frustrating it is when a customer doesn't believe us when we say something and then we can even show them on the receipt. So you're also to blame for his attitude. If you wouldn't have been rude to him maybe he wouldn't have been AS rude back. I'm not sure but it's possible. But for future reference, anytime that you buy anything you should keep the package and receipt for a month and THEN throw them away. That's what I do when I buy things anywhere I go. Sorry that you had such a bad experience but remember, to get respect you have to show respect too.

RadioShack.comgod sake do not waste your money on expedited shipping

So, Saturday morning I went to the Radio Shack store where the store manager and I are now becoming best buds, and asked if the order has been received, the item was a zBoost product that I had ordered for the second time on Thursday. He was not sure and offered to look up the order on the computer. Still the same status - PROCESSING! No change. Mind you this is the second time we had entered the order in a week. His suggestion was to call the help line and get a status on the order. Well this is when the fun begins. The woman on the line tells me that the order has been processed, and that I should receive it Wednesday or Thursday next week. Normally, this would be a OK answer, but I specifically paid for the product to be delivered “OVERNIGHT”.

I said WHAT!, what are you talking about, I paid for OVERNIGH!. Now I am in the store when I made the phone call with the manager next to me. He is just about as shocked as I am. I asked the person on the line, what part of OVERNIGHT SHIPPING do you not understand. Well, she told me that we have 1 -2 business days to process the order, and then 1 -2 business days to deliver the order. I said, but I paid for OVERNIGHT Shipping does that mean anything to you. Well, she stated, I placed my order on Thursday evening, we have until Monday to allow our warehouse to get the product ready to be shipped and then we have 1 to 2 business days to send the product to the store.

So, I told person nicely, since I was in the store that you need to remove the OVERNIGHT Shipping option from you website- BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT OPTION. She tried to explain to me that the policy for shipping overnight allows them 1-2 business days to prepare the order in the warehouse after 1 day to process the order. She then offered to remove the shipping fees as an effort to ease the pain, but as I explained to her, the cost of the shipping and the product was not as important as having the product here on Saturday morning.

After she removed the shipping fees, I asked again “when will the product show up at the store”, now it was for sure Wednesday or Thursday, maybe Friday next week. I said that you got to be kidding. Did you remove my priority shipping status by removing my shipping costs - Oh No, not at all. I told her obviously Radio Shack has a real logistics proble.

Then to top it all off, she wanted to know since it was going to be Father's Day on Sunday that they had a tool kit, would I be interested purchasing it for $34.99 - I said, "Sure, when can I expect that to arrive - Labor Day Weekend" - NO I am not interesting in buying anything else from you. I asked the gal if she was just crazy or what. You just screwed me on a delivery of a product and then you want me to BUY something else – give me a break Radio Shack.

God, I hope Radio Shack recorded that conversation; this is the one that the CEO needs to hear and then ask himself / herself if she would buy anything from such a micky mouse e-store operation.

Warning, Warning, Warning if you need something please do not use this site for purchasing anything and for God Sake do not waste your money on expedited shipping - they have a strange definition of "OVERNIGHT".

Radio Shackbad customer service

Bad Customer Service ! Ghetto ! and really need to be closed down or hire all new employees including the manager .They don't even greet you when you enter the store, No eye contact when speaking to customers. My AT&T acct was mess up after I bought a phone from them. Long story short, Radio shack did not back date my service with at&t thus making it look like I just sign up with AT&T locking me under a new contract w/o telling me. I would have to pay 175.00 to cancel with at&t if I didn't want the service anymore. They don't show you or explain hidden contracts they have through the store. If I had to give one word that will label ATL, GA location : UNPROFESSIONAL!!!, I will never shop at this location again!!!

• St
                          startreker Mar 15, 2012

You had to have signed a new contract. What did you think you were signing. Your complaint isn't qualified at all

Radio Shack — sr. manager/tj grizzele

Purchased a Cordless Phone battery, spoke to a representative on the 28th of June, we gave her our battery...

Radio Shack (Bell CA) — very bad customer service

On Sunday morning (my only day off) I called my local Radio Shack to see if they had any discounts on the HTC...

Radio Shack — failure to replace product timely

Julian Day, CFO of Radio Shack was quoted in 2007 saying In 2007 you were quoted saying “I once went...

Radio Shackdishonesty

I brought a Garmin Nuvi 265WT(GPS) in for Service because the FM traffic receiver doesn't work. I had been in contact with Garmin, Tech support couldn't resolve the problem so I took it into Radio Shack under my service plan & checked the unit in for repair. The unit is less than a year old and under the manufacturer's warranty. The unit was supposed to be sent to Garmin. During the warranty period, Garmin is the only one that can serive their products. I purchased my GPS on 02/13/10 with serial #1R2278435 with an internal ID#[protected]. They were surprised that Radio Shack did not send the unit to them. Instead of fixing my unit, they gave me a different unit with a different serial # and internal ID #. REPLACING A PART DOES NOT CHANGE THESE NUMBERS. My unit I checked in had very slight scratches on the screen, the unit that they returned to me had no scratches and was noted by them as well. The FM Receptor/Car charger was not checked in for service when it should of been because that is the only way to make sure FM traffic was working. I checked in the unit for service the first time on Nov 6th, it was noted on the service receipt that I had some small faint scratches. It was serviced by tech Andrew F. when it should of been sent to Garmin. The repair shop Replaced main PCB which does not alter the serial no. or internal ID#. I went to pick it up on Nov 20th. THE FM TRAFFIC DID NOT WORK. I noticed the serial # sticker had been moved and did not match the unit. I noticed that the there were no scratches on the front screen unlike my unit. I told Radio Shack repeatedly, I want my original unit with the correct serial # and matching internal ID # returned. Instead they checked it into be sent back to the Service ctr the same day Nov 20th. I received a msg on Dec 2 from the Repair shop that they couldn't even work on my unit and sent it back. The repair ctr insists this was the same unit all along, they refuse to fix the problem. The unit they gave to me back yesterday has serial #1R2297406 with an internal ID#[protected]. I registered this new unit on the website and the is what pops up on Garmin's website: Product details for your device are:

Product name: nüvi® 265WT

Registration date: Dec 10, 2010

Serial number: 1R2297406

Unit Id: [protected]

Registration Code: T9AJKL0

Then the repair shop had the stupidity of saying that replacing a part on the GPS unit changes the seral number and internal ID. This is false. These two numbers are under copy-writed and legally can't be changed. An unauthorized service center has to have written permission from Garmin to service a product that is under the manufacturer's warranty.

dishonesty
                        dishonesty

portboy88 Dec 29, 2010

Really...you're going to complain about a company trying to resolve your problem without you having to wait for it to return. That's just sad that you have this much time to make a statement on the internet that's saying Radioshack is dishonest. I work for the company myself and it's up to the managers discretion if they want to exchange the product for a new one to try and resolve the problem. If that's what they did, then they tried fixing your problem quickly. Radioshack's tech center IS authorized to do anything and everything they have to to fix something that is under manufacture's or extended warranty. So, how about lets stop complaining about stupid stuff.

Radio Shackblack friday ad rip off

Radio Shack had an Ad for a Acer Netbook for Black Friday. We got to the store at 2:45am and were the 4th in line. The add said there was a minimum of 1 per store. The Ad should have said there is only 1 per store. We waited in line for 3 hours to find out there was only 1 total in the store and the guy who was camped out overnight was the one who received it. If the ad would have said only 1 per store, I would not have even bothered going.

portboy88 Dec 29, 2010

Oh and HWY9867, which store in Columbus is it? I work at one in Ohio too and I know MOST of the managers in the Columbus area since they are in my district. Trust me, they'd like to hear complaints like this. Lol.

portboy88 Dec 29, 2010

Ok. Wow. There's a lot of responding I can do to this. I work for Radioshack and I worked there for Black Friday. EVERY store is entitled to AT LEAST ONE per store. My store had only ONE of the Acer netbooks on black friday. It ISN'T the store manager that orders each of the products in. It's the warehouse that sends them to us and they send how many ever they want. And my store DID have ALL netbooks, laptops, GPS units, cameras, phones, etc behind the counter so we didn't have to run to the back to get them. We are not allowed to keep high priced items like that on the sales floor, that is company policy. If a specific store does, then that is there problem. Opening for black friday WAS at 530 NOT at 600. Check all the other stores and you'll see that. Ok, I am done venting about people's stupidity. :)

• Gc
                              gccradioscience Nov 29, 2010

I was in a black friday event back in 2007, just to pick up a portable DVD player. When we got to the cashier, the lady gave me the regular price instead of the sale price and said I have to get the money back through a rebate. That was the last time I went there during black friday. I have not shopped at Radio Shack that much cause of their prices and crappy customer service. Technically they are selling products to who ever they want to, and tell others to go online.

• Ek
                              ekat4 Nov 29, 2010

i got there at five thirty in the morning, me, my sister and the three people in front of us all bought one...its not radio shack ...its the owner. i know the man that owns radio shack in our area and also know it depends on how many the owner orders for his store.

• Be
                              Bettsone1 Nov 27, 2010

Hiding the baited merchandise, thats the activity. Why wasnt the netbook on the shelf to sell like all others? The ad said minimum 1, yes they followed their ad to the letter, but thats still not right, but people like you accept it and so they get away with it.

• Be
                              Bettsone1 Nov 27, 2010

My radio shack in New Albany, Indiana hid their acer netbook hot deal under the counter. I was second in line and the first one asking. The employees looked dumbfounded when asked where it was then someone else got it when we were told it was at the counter. Radio Shack should be held accountable for such tactics. Where can consumers report this type of activity.

• Fe
                              feisty1 Nov 27, 2010

walmart had no right to take that away from her daughter they bullied her daughter which is the worst type of customer service! First come first served period people if it was you who got a tv then it got stripped from you you would be pissed to! As far as weather or not kids should or shouldnt have tv in their room thtis a parents choice! You have no right to tell someone they dont need anyting in particular she waited her time she received her tv for an employee to take it away from the girl was totally in appropriate! The fact that they intimidated a child she should follow it all the way up the ladder she should call daily to the head quarters and demand answers there is no exscuse! The bracelets were abad idea in the first place i went to walmart today and i left without purchasing anything because all those so called specials they had sucked! i worked for walmart years ago and trust me when i say this isnt the first time a crappy scamming idea has happened! I found all the stuff i wanted at the mall today and i spent less than i anticipated! I am so glad i didnt waste my time going out bright and early i did not even leave my house until 9 am!

• Bl
                              BlackFridayComment Nov 26, 2010

Radio Shack engaged in similar illegal conduct in Mass. They advertised the Acer Netbook for $179 but they did not have any. I was at the store when it opened and no one had a netbook. They said they only had ONE and sold it to someone else. It is clear that Radio Shack is engaged in unfair and deceptive business practice violating the law. The law prohibits a store from advertising a product which they do not have enough to meet the expected demand and requires they give rain checks or comparable substitutions if they do not have enough of the merchandise to meet the expected demand. Radio Shack refused to give either. Bait and Switch is illegal. Radio Shack ran this add not to sell it to customers but to get customers in the store to sell them something else. They had substantially less of this advertised items then they have of their other items. Also they deceitfully tricked customers to go to them 1st by posting a false opening time saying they open at 5:30 but not opening till 6:00

Radio Shack Replacement Service Planfailure to replace insured headphones

I purchased a product protection plan for two items I bought from Radio Shack. WHen both failed (headphones), I called to get them replaced per the plan. I was told that I had to take the items into my local Radio Shack for them to be inspected. I took my item into the Radio Shack store in the Greenway Shopping Center (7000 block of Greenbelt Road)in Greenbelt, Maryland. The clerk, Chris, inspected the item and called the Service plan office at [protected]. He was to mail the items to the Service plan and I was to recieve a voucher by email within 4 - 24 hours following the mailing, which I would be able to use in the store to re-purchase new headphones. This all happened on Friday, November 12. I did not get the emailed voucher and called the service plan again on Thursday, November 18. When the plan called the Greenbelt store, they were told by the manager that she had no recollection of the transaction. I called the service plan again on Friday, NOvember 19 and was told that I had to contact the store for the items and I was responsible for ensuring that the items got to the replacement plan, even though the store now had the items and there was a record of the call between the clerk and the store. I was told by the agent that I would not get my money back unless the service plan got the tracking number of the FedEx package the store used to send the items back. Are you kidding me?? The agent on the phone went so far as to tell me he had to get off the line with me and answer other people's calls when I suggested a conference call with he, myself, and the store that I would make immediately. Needless to say, when I tried to conference us, he mysteriously dropped off the call on Friday. So, I called the store on Saturday and spoke with Chris, the clerk who handled the transaction when I went in on Friday, NOvember 11. He said FedEx had picked up the items on Monday, NOvember 15. He had not called and given the service center the tracking number. I want my money back.

• Th
                                THEWATCHDOG May 22, 2011

Yeah, just have to love the ol’ Shack.
                                They sold my unsuspecting Grandfather the protection plan for a 10-dollar tape recorder. 10 +30 = 40$. And the phone adapter 30 + 30=60$. They turned a forty dollar sale into a one hundred dollar sale for equipment most people would have considered obsolete years ago.

But did they send him off with at least one tape so he could use his new hundred-dollar TAPE (not even digital) recorder? No. Its only2-4 bucks for a couple of tapes so why waste your time walking over to grab them for the old man when you've already suckered him into buying 3 dollars worth of plastic for 100$$. They took advantage of him good. "Good job Ricky, looks like you are going to make your protection plan goal this month and that last sale gets you high fives and pats on the back from all around".

I was going to write a letter to the main office but the story above gives me little hope that they would even care that their clerk ripped off an 88 year old man who just didn’t know any better. No wonder their window is always broken and boarded up. It’s not thieves, its disgruntled customers taking out frustration.

Radio Shackunprofessional & misinformed manager

Nov 3, 2010, visited Radio Shack to inquire about DVD palyer. Spoke w/ the so called manager. Was told the item is for on-line order only. Fine, does it deliver to store (free shipping)? "NO, it does not"

Checked on-line and the item in fact ships free to store. Called the store, asked for manager, he comes on the phone and here are the incidents proving how imbecile this guy is:

1- When answering the phone; "Yeah, what do you you want".

A 10-year old kid has more manners that this guy. HELLOOOOO, Radi Shack, may be a little training is in order?

2- The Lie; "I never told you it does not ship to store."

3- Attempt to cover up the lie; "I said that it should be mailed to you as we may mishandle or misplace the merchandise at store."

That is the most idiotic statement, EVER. So, Radio Shack people are SO incompetent that they may lose or damage shipped product that the customer has already been charged for? Wake up call; credit card companies are really good at taking care of nonsense like that.

This guy is totally worthless. With so many complaints written and filed against Radio Shack, it is disturbing corporate does not take action to correct conditions hence, the rest of these incompetent personnel keep on acting the way they do.

NO MORE Radio Shack, neither the local store nor on-line.

Radio Shackexstened warranties

Purchased 2 year extened warranty/ product protection plan on nextar gps unit, with mp3 and data storage capabilities. It failed returned it for replacement... 1 month later they call me to come pickup a refurbished magellan gps that has no mp3, or data storage features and is without a power supply but they had one I could buy for 29.99 + tax!!! This is simply unexceptable!!! To leave store had to sign off that they, on there terms had met the entened warranty obligations. Buyer beware!!!

• Sp
                                    spazwaz07 Mar 16, 2011

First of all I can tell you're a ### because you can't even spell. Secondly why would you buy a GPS that is obviously going to suck since its that cheap?