Menu
Back Market Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Back Market
reviews and complaints

www.backmarket.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.4 341 Reviews

How responsive is Back Market's customer service?

16 Resolved
30 Unresolved
A rare visitor 🌥️
We'd love to see Back Market on ComplaintsBoard more often, showing their successful complaint resolution. But that's not happening yet, unfortunately. For reviewers, this means staying cautious and reading reviews from other customers (including the few already resolved ones) to understand the potential outcomes. If you get in touch with Back Market, be persistent and note all important details during communication.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Back Market has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Back Market reviews and complaints 85

Newest Back Market reviews and complaints

E
12:00 am EST

Back Market Mixed Feelings About Back Market Inc

After exploring reviews from various sources, it's clear that Back Market Inc. offers a range of refurbished electronics at attractive prices. While some customers have praised the excellent condition of the products and the customer service, others have expressed concerns about the quality of certain items. It seems that the experience can vary depending on the specific product purchased. If you're considering buying from Back Market, it might be worth doing thorough research on the specific item you're interested in to ensure a positive experience.

S
1:20 am EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Back Market AMAZINGLY JUST LIKE NEW!

I am amazed at the quality of my "new" refurbished Note 9! I admit I'm a bit tech-challenged & must rely on family, friends and acquaintances to guide me through the techno "maze". After my own Note 9 completely crashed, I woke up. Gone. Everything just gone! I began spiraling as though I were a modern day "Alice in "Horror"land" trying to navigate the "rabbit hole" of diverse technology... I just wanted my phone back. Just like it was. But alas, it was not to be. After what seemingly was turning into a major catastrophe. My "Cheshire" cat appeared in the form of a local whom I now fondly refer to as "My Tech Guru". He guided me straight to BackMarket to find a suitable replacement. I was a bit apprehensive at first but then impressed by the fact that this is a win, win! I love the idea of re-purposing & refurbishing, the price is reasonable & affordable. & you stand behind your work! Ah! A company with integrity! I received my "new" (you would never know refurbished) Note 9 from you guys a few weeks ago (like unbelievably quick!) and I am happy to announce that all is well. I completely avoided the "Mad Tea Party" and came out of the "Rabbit Hole" practically unscathed! I am telling all of my friends & family to be sure & check you guys out before buying another phone! Thank you for a great product and creating an awesome company! I highly recommend!

11:53 pm EST

Back Market All Around Awesome

I absolutely love Back Market, I've purchased 3 phones and a computer screen from them and am looking for a phone for my ex Mother in Law as her cheap prepaid one went out. Every phone I've ordered has worked perfectly out of the box and continues to do so a year or more later, they all look fantastic with no noticeable wear/tear though I did make sure to order the better quality ones so I did pay more than one with maybe some showing but honestly the prices were very reasonable considering I'm a single Mom this helps tremendously. I also ordered a phone by mistake with the wrong carrier and their return/refund policy was incredible so I could switch it out and get the right one without losing money. I haven't used their extended warranty but having two pre-teen boys so I went ahead and purchased because I know how teenagers can be with their gadgets and in case of any accidents I really like what I read on how it works and feel secure of replacing my Boys phones when and as needed without paying too much at all. For the computer screen I received it is beautiful and works fantastic, I have recommended Back Market to several people and will continue to do so, they have never disappointed with their products, prices, or customer service and I will keep going back to them myself for phone up grades, and other refurbished electronic products as needed/wanted in the future.

Is Back Market legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Back Market as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 34% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Back Market stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Back Market should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Back Market earns 96% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Back Market achives 96% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Back Market. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Back Market has received 14 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Backmarket.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Backmarket.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Backmarket.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Back Market, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Several positive reviews for Back Market have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Back Market website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Back Market's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 34% of 39 complaints were resolved.
  • Complaints Board has received reports that the website may be a possible fraud. To protect yourself, consider using a different website. If you find that the website is indeed fraudulent, report them to us, to help protect other consumers.
  1. Pros
    3. Fewer Latest Models Available
    4. Varying Customer Service Experiences
J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Back Market Pleasant surprise!

I had been searching on Verizon's website for a deal on a cell phone. Its truly pathetic. Best was $1000 option, $50+ a month to your bill, or choose a basically horrible phone.

In comes Back Market. I found your website by pure searching. I had never heard of it before. I was shocked at the affordable prices for used phone. I wasn't looking for a brand new phone or a top model. I was looking for a Galaxy S9 or S10 to replace my S7. Here it was. At a price of $220!

I did my research on your company. I vary wary of scams. Your prices, not going to lie, seemed to good to be true. Well, this is a true as it gets! This company should be as big as Ebay, Amazon, etc. I didn't have to deal much with customer service, because I didn't have to. The email alerts were extremely helpful. The invoice and tracking was awesome. The shipping at first seemed very long, but your systems updated in real time and I received the phone 1 week SOONER than originally quoted.

This won't be my last order. I couldn't be happier with the service you provide. I couldn't be happier with phone I recieved. This was just shy of brand new. And just shy was it didn't come in the OEM boxing. I think I can handle that. I've had zero issues with this phone. It was as shiny, sleek, and reset as a brand new phone.

I 100% recommend this company. And for me, it will not be my last visit! Thank you for exisiting!

V

Back Market First-timer to Back Market

My mom of all people clued me in the Back Market from talk within her neighborhood Facebook group. My husband and I looked into it because I was at a crossroads with my Samsung Galaxy 8 with an increasingly cracked screen that was now impacting the actual use of the phone. I, of course, would get maybe $30 for a trade-in and a screen replacement was $250+. I couldn't justify spending $1000+ on a new phone. It was just too painful to think about. I looked into Back Market and it seemed simple enough - find the refurbished model I wanted that was maybe a year or two old. I selected the Galaxy Flip 5G in excellent condition with overnight shipping and added on the extended warranty. I received messages at each step of the way including when my phone was delivered (as if my three dogs would let that pass without notice, LOL). My phone was well packaged and included a new USB cable. The only marks on it were on the hinge, no scratches to the body or screen. It was unlocked and we were able to get it activated onto our Verizon plan that night. It has been operating soundly like a brand new phone! My only issues are user-induced since I haven't had a new phone in a while so programming the notifications and such take a little getting used to - and that is 100% on me, the user. It's been a good experience so far so my husband and my mother are considering Back Market for their next phones!

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Back Market My First Refurb Experience Ever. and it was AWESOME!

This was the very first time I ever ordered anything refurbished... I have always been a firm believer that it would never be as good as purchasing brand new, mainly with technology. However, I was in a bind where I needed a new laptop for work quickly, but didn't want to spend a crazy amount of money brand new. Back Market was recommended to me and I decided to give it a chance because he said he has always had very good experiences. I found a laptop that had exactly what I was looking for, and one of the newer models, for half the price of brand new. I chose the "Very Good" condition setting, but when I received the laptop it looked brand new, and functions perfectly. There was even an issue with the shipping (which was not Back Market's fault). I requested 1 Business Day shipping for the laptop I chose to order, and the seller had the laptop to UPS within a couple hours to be shipped. The issue was actually on UPS' end, which delayed the shipping and so I reached out to my seller at Back Market. They responded in a timely manner, gave me constant updates, and even issued me a refund on the shipping (even though it wasn't their fault). Their refurbished quality, options and especially their customer service has won me over to the refurbished side and I definitely recommend them. My next purchase will hopefully be a new smartphone, when ready. Thank you, Back Market and iPower Resale Group for the great experience!

E

Back Market Pretty great

Lost my phone recently, needed a replacement for a bit. I decided on buying a refurbished one as a temporary phone, and saw BackMarket as my first google search. Clicked through it, not knowing what to expect, and found some amazing deals on a phone I really liked (Oneplus 7 Pro). I was a bit skeptical in the beginning, since buying used could always be a bit sketchy, but I saw a bunch of positive reviews, and a free return policy and full refunds if we didn't like the product. Decided to buy it, and I was impressed with the product.

I got regular emails from BackMarket informing me about the shipping process. Whether it shipped out, how long to wait, almost there, your product has been delivered. Phone came exactly when they said it would, in a nice enough box. Included were the phone, the charging cable and the wall adapter. I was very impressed by the phone quality, overall being in nearly perfect shape, with only some superficial tiny scratches on the screen that can barely be seen unless you hold the phone in a certain angle against a light source. Generally, the product was in good quality, factory reset, and 256 gb as specified by the site. Battery life is great. Your mileage may vary of course, given that these are all refurbished products so each one may be slightly different, but I trust that BackMarket does the proper quality assurance checks to make sure we are satisfied with our product and not being left disappointed. For reference, my phone was under the "fair" category, since the "good" and "excellent" categories were sold out. I think my quality was much more than fair. I recommend

F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Back Market Great deals and customer service!

Ok. Let's talk about The Black Market. First of all, when I was searching Google looking for a refurbished iPad Pro, I kept seeing the Black Market website pop up. I never clicked on it because I didn't like the name (Black Market). It sounded scary to me so I never bothered to click. It made me think of the term "Dark Web" for some reason. (Actually I wonder if the name keeps some people away?).
Remember this in business:
If one person feels this way, you can bet that thousands of people will feel the same way.
Anyway I ignored the site. Then I did not like what I found on the usual websites. So I ended up going to their page. First of all, there's a sense of humor over there that I kind of like. After a Google search, I realized that this was a legitimate site with great deals on refurbished tech products. I spent a few days just lurking around and trying to find what I needed. I have to say that maybe the layout of the website needs a bit of work regarding ease of use, and navigation. (But that's just me). It just looked "different". If you take your time, and navigate slowly, you'll find the deals. In the end, I ended up with a beautiful, brand new looking iPad Pro generation 3 for a low price, less than half the price of a new unit. I mainly need my iPad as a sheet music reader, but it's useful for many things.
As I said, I took this out of the package and it looked brand new to me. Not a scratch on the back or on the screen. The battery is fantastic! I believe I got an excellent deal from this company. They back up their products with a warranty so you don't have to worry.
Well that's about it. If I need another device I'm going back to this company. My experience has been pleasant. Customer service, product, and shipping were five stars! Now I feel like buying something I don't need just for the heck of it!
So now I know that the Black Market is a friendly place, not a scary one.
Finding contact info was a little tough but you just have to look.
Glad I found this site!
FC. New Jersey

Back Market They made me an offer I couldn't refuse

My refurbished, first generation iPhone SE w/ 32 GB of memory from Back Market is beyond belief! It works perfectly. I scoured the internet for a better deal, but I couldn't find anything that even came close to the deal Back Market offered. Back Market promised 3-day free shipping, and they even beat that. I got my iPhone in the mail just 2 days after I submitted my online order. And free shipping included insuring the phone for its full price, also at no charge to me.

I thought I would save money by buying the refurbished iPhone in "Good" condition instead of in "Excellent" condition, which would have cost $30 more. When the cellphone arrived in the mail, I couldn't believe just how good "Good" condition would be. The display was absolutely flawless, not so much as a micro scratch on it anywhere. And I could not find a single scratch, nick, or dent anywhere on the metallic body of the phone either. I was bewildered why Back Market did not rate the condition of my phone as "Excellent". I surely would have. After pulling out a powerful magnifying glass, I finally located the most trivially imaginable scuff in the metal case on the backside of the phone. The side I would never even look at. That's the reason Back Market only rated the condition of the phone as "Good" instead of "Excellent"? Man, you guys are just awesome!

"Good" condition extends beyond just the cosmetics of the phone. The Home button and all of the mechanical buttons on the sides of my refurbished iPhone work without a glitch, too. And a software app installed on the phone shows that the rechargeable battery inside has a health rating of 96%, which is damned impressive for a 6-year-old phone. The phone charges rapidly and holds its charge for days, just as if it were a brand new phone.

And if all of that wasn't good enough, Back Market also covers the phone with a one year warranty. Also for FREE!

I couldn't be happier with my purchase if I had spent hours searching the internet to save -- what, a nickel? -- on a lower priced iPhone. If I had found a lower priced phone (and I extremely doubt it), it surely wouldn't have been in better condition.

You guys at Back Market ROCK! I'm already recommending you to every person I can flag down.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Back Market A Fantastic Experience - Backmarket Shines Again!

I can't help but share my absolute delight with Backmarket, a gem of a refurbished website! This is my second time purchasing from them, and once again, they've exceeded all my expectations. My first purchase was a MacBook Pro, and this time, I decided to go for an iPhone 11. Let me tell you, I'm more than satisfied with their service and their products.

First off, let's talk about their website. It's an absolute breeze to navigate, and finding the product I wanted was effortless. Backmarket's user-friendly interface made the entire shopping process a joy. I appreciate how they provide detailed descriptions and images of their refurbished products, so I knew exactly what to expect before placing my order.

Now, let's dive into the service. From start to finish, Backmarket demonstrated outstanding professionalism. Their customer support team was responsive, friendly, and eager to help with any questions or concerns. The speed at which they handled my inquiries was impressive, ensuring I felt valued as a customer.

The true stars of the show, though, are the refurbished products themselves. Both the MacBook Pro and iPhone 11 were in immaculate condition, as if they were brand new! Backmarket's attention to detail in refurbishing their electronics is commendable. The devices function flawlessly, and I couldn't be happier with the quality of my purchases.

Besides the excellent condition of the products, Backmarket's commitment to sustainability is praiseworthy. By opting for a refurbished device, I feel like I'm making a positive impact on the environment, and that adds to my overall satisfaction with the company.

Furthermore, their pricing is incredibly reasonable, offering great value for money without compromising on quality. It's a win-win situation - I get high-quality electronics at an affordable price, and the planet benefits from a reduced carbon footprint.

Last but not least, their shipping and packaging deserve a shout-out too. Both my MacBook Pro and iPhone 11 arrived promptly and were well-packaged, ensuring they were protected during transit. It's evident that Backmarket takes every step to ensure their customers receive their purchases in pristine condition.

In conclusion, I can't recommend Backmarket enough! Their website is intuitive, the service is top-notch, and their refurbished products are second to none. After two successful purchases, I can confidently say that I'll be a loyal customer for years to come. If you're considering buying a refurbished electronic device, look no further than Backmarket - they've won me over with their outstanding performance!

Back Market Depends on your seller

Posting the fine details, but quickly reviewing, I'll never order from this company again. Summary - Backmarket tries to be an intermediary, but their replies are almost as useless as not replying at all. They need to vet their sellers or hold them accountable for problems. BM says to only communicate with Backmarket, yet it feels like nothing is truly communicated to the seller.

Originally, I did research on this site, and it seemed to have relatively high ratings. Like anything, I expect some bad reviews, and I was unfortunate to fall victim to having a negative experience... I don't mind getting refurbed phones, but I definitely want a warranty. Backmarket including a 1 year was definitely a draw.
- When purchasing a phone (Galaxy S21 Ultra) the size capacity was a serious consideration (as it has no external storage), so I chose a 512 GB
- there are lots of color options, so I chose Phantom silver over the plain vanilla black. ( about a $150 premium)
- I received the phone, backed up my old phone, and started transferring into the new phone.
- After fully transitioning, I realized I should have done an inventory check... When checking the capacity, I was shipped a 128 GB. Doh what a waste of time.
- Immediately opened a case, was given a return label, and I sent it back.
- I politely asked for expedited shipping for my return phone, a slightly better condition ( I ordered good), or at least a price break for wasting a lot of my time. Backmarket ignored this request with their many replies that don't answer anything.
- I let them do their thing, and when the tracking showed the seller received it, I was told they have 48 hours to send a replacement phone.
- A tracking # was provided. The phone shipped from the NJ... and a few days later was delivered to NJ. I politely reached out to BM again and said that they either gave me the wrong tracking, or the seller mailed themselves a package.
- I received a message from BM stating that my phone was received by the seller, and that they have 48 hours to get back to me (basically starting over). I escalate and tell them that they are giving bad info, and i demand an updated response and resolution.
- After a bit of back and forth, I get an answer that the seller actually doesn't have my phone in stock, and they offered me a black colored replacement.
- I told them that they've ignored my requests for a discount to make things right. I will not accept a replacement that is far cheaper than what I paid. I asked them if I would receive the same condition phone at the same price? They offered me $40 off. I told them I paid $150 higher for the color scheme. I told them politely to shove it, and just give me a refund.
- I was replied to and they said that the refund request was put in with the seller, and they will let me know if it was approved
- I reminded them that their policy was 30 days returns no matter the reason, so send it to me immediately.
Basically, I wasted 2 weeks, did not have a new phone, only to waste countless hours trying to coach them of how to problem solve their own own procedures. I think Back Market tries to do a good job with communication, but if they aren't listening or aren't accomplishing anything, I might as well be talking to a wall. I think the seller is largely at fault, but they just DGAF. Being a business owner, I completely understand the difficulties of running a business especially since the pandemic. However, having an experience like this vs just paying full price, I'd pay full price for a phone any day. I ended up buying a mint condition, non refurbished phone from Swappa at a higher price, and had 0 issues with the process. I know that your experience will always vary, but this interaction was frustrating enough to warn others. Just for others to know, eBay definitely reprimands sellers. They also have one of the best phone insurance policies of the used market, and I do recommend them. Unfortunately they did not have the size and color of the phone I wanted.

C

Back Market Horrific experience

Horrific experience
If I had to write a book detailing my experience with this company in buying a refurbished iPhone 11 128gb it would be on the shelf titled NON-FICTION under the genre of HORROR.

I paid a three figure sum for a refurbished iPhone that has not been delivered by the company DHL who are just as bad.
The price charged to my credit card being more than the price advertised for the refurbished iPhone 11 which is another rip off.

The item was to be delivered on 19 September then it was the 20th followed by 21st September 2022.
Then it was the 22nd September 2022. Now it's the 28th September 2022 and still no iPhone 11 or a FULL refund without deductions.
Irritated at having to wait at home for over a week so far and cancelling appointments too into the bargain to wait for the non delivery, I cancelled the purchase but was informed that it had been dispatched and this is where the horror starts.

I am being given no approximate time slot just that delivery would be on these days from 8am to 6pm which is appallingly poor service from both Back Market and DHL.

I forgot to mention the seller is not Back Market they just punt on the sale to a third party BEST4TECH.

The last straw is that should the item arrive and I'm not there, I will be sent a return address label which I print off myself PLUS I PAY an extra ?10 for the privilege of printing off this return label!
Furthermore I MUST PAY the entire cost of returning the phone IF it turns up should I refuse delivery or it's faulty.
I have to take a photo of the package from ALL angles plus photo of the delivery driver if I'm there to refuse delivery.

To compound the dreadful service and be eligible to claim my partial refund (NOT a full refund once all the extra deductions are factored in) I have to send Back Market a copy of my photo ID such as my passport or driving licence.
I am refusing to send them a copy of my passport or driving licence as that facilitates identity theft or identity fraud despite being pestered daily to provide this photo ID to get my refund.

Along with the photo ID I have to print off yet another form and fill it with various other information within 5 days to help with their investigation.
Not an easy process at all and open to fraudulent abuse.

Despite being called from France and from several locations within in the U. K. I have refused to provide this intrusive photo ID of my driving license or passport as I do not want to be the victim of identity theft further down the line.
Here is todays response from BEST4TECH

"Thank you for your message! I definitely understand your concern. However, for rapid thorough support, I would like you to kindly file the certificate of non-reception as proof of not receiving the order. This document will also help you to receive a reshipment in 24 working hours or a refund. Unable to do the following and also provide your ID, we can not do much on this. I wish you a pleasant day, Williams from BEST4TECH quality team"

Having had enough of this nonsense I ordered a refurbished iPhone directly from the online Apple store which arrived the next day.
It has a new Apple battery, new Apple case, new Apple screen. It is like a new iPhone at a fraction of the original price with ALL GENUINE Apple parts unlike those from Back Market and BEST4TECH.
The refurbished iPhone is absolutely pristine in an apple box and surprisingly cheaper than from Back Market for a phone in its excellent category.

The service from the online Apple store has been second to none and I was given a one hour time slot for delivery which was accurate too, unlike the dreadful service from DHL who think customers have nothing better to do but wait at home all day waiting for a non existent delivery.

Tired of all the excuses from Back Market I have since opened up a credit card dispute by calling the bank that provided my credit card.
The dispute has been opened to get ALL my money returned to me without deductions and all the other nonsense from Back Market.

AVOID?. Go to a more professional company like Apple who know what they are doing.
Date of experience: 20 September 2022

5:13 am EST

Back Market Trade In Service

I have sent my iPhone XR 64 GB for a trade in of Original value of £110.00

The refurbisher through Back Market received my phone on 12/0/2/2024

and gave me a revised offer of £75.00 which I have declined.

The agreed terms was refurbisher to sent back my device within 2 days .of sale rejection but they never returned it . On 16/02/2024 I chased back market to process my money and they gave the refurbisher an extended day to send it back.

ETrade sent me a tracking ID from EVRI which had no status update other than expecting the item, when I repeatedly chased Etrade replied saying they are busy and will send soon.

Even after being 10 days with no return of my phone Back Market refuses to process my originally agreed price .

i am utterly disappointed and would like my originally amount of 110.00

Desired outcome: i am utterly disappointed and would like my originally amount of 110.00

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Back Market representatives only. If you are affiliated with Back Market, please claim your business to access these details.

3:43 pm EST

Back Market Customer service

Hello, I've been trying to solve an issue on having with a customer service agent named Habibe who keeps ignoring my messages. On the 17th of January I received an iPhone 12 I bought through the app back market but when I received it the screen was very badly scratched/dented so I requested a refund and info about returning the phone. I've asked Habibe why the item still seems to be in transit (it doesn't show on back market as delivered) and if they can fix this issue as soon as possible as I need to download the invoice in order to request a refund/return. I've now asked them three times but no reply about this issue yet. I've also requested to be able to speak to a senior member of the customer service team but no reply. Can someone please help me fix this issue and help me with returning the faulty iPhone?

Desired outcome: Help to return the item accordingly

N
6:33 am EST

Back Market - iphone se 2nd gen

I bought an Iphone from Back Market that DPD didn’t attempt to deliver to my house they took it straight to the post office which I couldn’t pick up for a few days. When I opened the parcel the box was damaged and the phone screen was cracked. I knew back market couldn’t replace it for 7-10 days so I went and bought a replacement phone that day and applied...

4:30 am EST

Back Market - Terrible customer service

I order my daughter a phone from back market order number [protected] that didn't work after 2 days, was returned on the 25th of October 2023 and initially back market stated that they had received the phone back and stated they would repair, replace or refund, replied again on the 31st and stated there was nothing in the package, they then asked us to send in...

1:13 pm EST

Back Market - Samsung S20 FE

I received my phone on 07/12/2023. I didn’t set up my phone until 10/12/2023 due to waiting for a screen protector and phone case. From install I had issues with the screen freezing, displaying black at the top of the screen and with the screen going unresponsive. Initially I thought that this was because I had just transferred over a large volume of data...

1:44 pm EST

Back Market - Google pixel 7 pro - returned

I bought the Google Pixel 7 Pro, and unfortunately, it was faulty. I exchanged it for another device, but to my dismay, the second one was also faulty! Frustrated, I requested a refund. It's been nine days since they received the returned device, and after several messages, I finally received a response stating that they will refund me. However, to my...

11:46 am EST

Back Market Won't refund

My daughter ordered a phone from back market order number [protected] that didn't work after 2 days, was returned on the 25th of October 2023 and initially back market stated that they had received the phone back and stated they would repair, replace or refund, replied again on the 31st and stated there was nothing in the package, they then asked us to send in a police report and stated when they receive that we would get a refund after 2 days ( another lie ) they have sent another message again today 30/11/23 stating they want a police report ( already sent ) proof of handover, id, and statement of payment, it's just one thing after another and 5 weeks later, I think they drag it on so you get fed up and give in, I the parent bought the phone for my daughter for £210.09, so have lost my money and still don't have a phone, the company is probably ok unless you have a problem, can't call them can't do a live chat just have to wait for days on end for a reply.

Claimed loss: £210.09

Desired outcome: Refund, communication, more honesty

M
8:38 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Back Market - Faulty phone. Back market refusing to repair, replace or refund.

Purchased mobile phone Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (Dual Sim, 128GB) through the Back Market platform, Refurb seller Cov Tech Ltd . Purchase made 15/06/23 with debit card online payment. 08.11 phone developed a faulty screen that was all lit up & flickering, and I was unable to switch off / reset / see any of the screen information. Immediately contacted Back...

Back Market In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Back Market is clean, modern, and user-friendly. Navigating through the site is a breeze, with intuitive menus and clear categorization of products. The overall user experience is seamless, making it easy to find and purchase the desired items.

Product Selection and Availability: Back Market offers a wide range of products, from smartphones and laptops to home appliances and gaming consoles. The selection is extensive, catering to various needs and preferences. Additionally, the availability of products is impressive, ensuring that customers can find what they are looking for without any hassle.

Pricing and Value for Money: Back Market stands out for its competitive pricing and excellent value for money. The prices are often significantly lower than retail, allowing customers to save a substantial amount of money. Despite the affordable prices, the quality of the products remains high, making it a great option for budget-conscious shoppers.

Quality and Condition of Products: The quality and condition of the products sold on Back Market are consistently impressive. Each item undergoes a thorough refurbishment process, ensuring that it functions like new. Customers can expect to receive products that are in excellent condition, with minimal signs of wear and tear. This commitment to quality sets Back Market apart from other online marketplaces.

Customer Service and Support: Back Market excels in providing top-notch customer service and support. Their team is responsive, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist customers with any queries or concerns. Whether it's through email or live chat, the customer service representatives go above and beyond to ensure a positive experience for every shopper.

Shipping and Delivery: The shipping and delivery process with Back Market is efficient and reliable. Orders are dispatched promptly, and customers can track their packages every step of the way. The packaging is secure, ensuring that products arrive in perfect condition. Overall, the shipping and delivery service is commendable.

Return and Refund Policy: Back Market offers a hassle-free return and refund policy. If customers are not satisfied with their purchase, they can easily initiate a return within a specified timeframe. The process is straightforward, and refunds are processed promptly. This customer-centric approach instills confidence and trust in the brand.

Trustworthiness and Security: Back Market is a trustworthy platform that prioritizes the security of its customers. The website is secure, utilizing encryption technology to protect sensitive information. Additionally, the company has a strong reputation for delivering on its promises and providing a safe and reliable shopping experience.

Customer Reviews and Ratings: Back Market has garnered positive customer reviews and ratings. Many customers praise the quality of the products, the affordability, and the exceptional customer service. The high ratings reflect the satisfaction and trust that customers have in Back Market as a reputable online marketplace.

Overall Recommendation and Conclusion: Back Market is an excellent online marketplace that offers a wide selection of high-quality refurbished products at affordable prices. With a user-friendly website, exceptional customer service, and a commitment to customer satisfaction, Back Market is a reliable choice for anyone looking to purchase refurbished electronics and appliances. Highly recommended!

How to file a complaint about Back Market?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint against Back Market on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account, create one to proceed.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue with Back Market in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Back Market. Include key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, personal impact, and the company's response.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filing optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure to follow these steps carefully to effectively file a complaint against Back Market on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Back Market customer service

Phone number

+1 (855) 442-6688

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Back Market?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Back Market Customer Service. Initial Back Market complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Back Market above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Back Market. Discuss the issues you have had with Back Market and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.