Qwest / rip off

I had Qwest for my home phone serve and internet service and DirecTV for my television. In December 2009, I switch and bundled with Comcast saving me $40 per month. I called both DirecTV and Qwest to determine what equipment, if any, needed to be turned in. I was told that Qwest needed me to send in my OLD (9 years old) modem and power supply, but that they would send me the prepaid label. Once I got the prepaid label, I put the modem and power supply in a box and shipped it out UPS. Qwest said they never got the Modem and power supply and charged me $65.09. They asked me if I had the tracking number to track the shipment. Qwest is the one who paid for the shipment and should have the tracking number. They threatened to "ruin my credit" if I didn't pay. I spoke to several individuals trying to resolve it. I eventually spoke to "Misty", a supervisor, who told me I had to pay it or my credit would be affected. I ended up paying the bill, but it is in dispute. I will NEVER use Qwest again. I would advise anyone else to keep records of all transactions as Qwest are a bunch of crooks - BEWARE!

Co

Comments

• Va
      13th of Jun, 2008

I had a cell phone and cable internet [no cable TV] and was happy with that. I had an accident and broke my neck and had muscle damage and nerve damage. I was trying to lower my bills so I could keep my internet because I can no longer move around much. I got this offer in the mail for price for life from Qwest and the way I figured it was I was going to save 10-15 dollars a month. It might not sound like much but for me it was a week of food so I went for it. Boy did they get me. They didn't let me know I was better off the way I was before and when I call them they tell me they told me every thing and that if I want out I have to give them 200 dollars .I don't have that much money so they got me a prisoner. When I talk to customer service they are the rudest people and try to make you fill dumb. They will not listen to you and when you get mad, they hang up saying they don't have to listen to this, which is what they want you to do .I can't wait till somebody nails their *** to the bottom of the river.

8th of Jan, 2013

I think there are making killing off our returns and we have pay for the modem that they already have.