[Resolved] Qwestawful customer service

I am including a letter I wrote to corporate about the battle with Qwest: I am writing you directly to tell you about my terrible experience with this company named Qwest. I hope that you take it seriously because there are a ton of people with these bad experiences just like mine and I don't know how a company this messed up can survive. I have been fighting with your customer service department for a year about an old account that should have been closed and paid in full a year ago when I switched to Vonage. Two months ago, right before I moved to CO, I received my first collection notice of that account not being paid. I paid it after much dispute just because I was not going to get anywhere with your staff who never admitted wrong doing on their end. I'm just suppose to know I owe that without ever receiving a bill for a year. Now that I am moved and my account was up to date, I have gone rounds with your customer service department because of how disorganized they are, rude, and completely unhelpful. I set up internet and Directv accounts 6/23/08. I paid a deposit of $106 for the directv account. I had my internet service interrupted 2 weeks later and was told I had to wait a week to hook it back up. I waited the one week for my disk to arrive and installed it again. 2 weeks later the same thing happened without any explanation as to why, so I waited my one week again to receive and install my disc. I then called up on 9/5/03 and asked to pay my final bill for Directv and have it disconnected. They told me I owed $73.35 for directv. I paid using my credit card so I would have proof and got a confirmation number for the transaction. Now they can't find any amount paid and my bill which should have been paid in full 9/5/08 is still active 10/7/08 and I'm told I owe $251. I refused to pay anymore after they lost my first payment. I wanted to dispute my internet bill so I didn't pay that amount of $77 because I don't feel I got serviced properly. I got to use my internet a total of 4 weeks and I don't feel that price reflects all the effort I went through to t ry to make up for them randomly turning it off. I have never received any discounts for any of the trouble I have gone through to stay in business with your company. Directv has credited me for mistakes made by your company for not receiving NFL Sunday ticket 3 weeks in a row after it showing that I should have been receiving the signal. So I was on the phone with Directv hours upon hours every sunday trying to sort through this mess while I should have been enjoying my family and football. Qwest has not reflected any of those credits that Directv has offered me, so that just proves why I chose to switch to Directv directly. I'm sorry for the long winded tale of what happened but I wanted your company to know from a long time customer what a mess your organization has become and that your being rated as number one in customer service is a down right lie that you are telling unsuspecting consumer that don't know any better. I just want to know how you can say that after the dibackle I have been put through, and why it always comes down to money because that's all that matters to you, clearly not servicing customers. I wrote you because no one in any of the departments (ie billing, customer service, repair, and the investigation department that is looking into where my payment went) would put me in touch with anyone that can do anything to rectify this situation, yet I still get cards in the mail from your company offering me 3 months free to come back. I feel like a prisoner stuck in this black hole of a mess and disappear that I would never go back to your company if it was the last company on earth, so you can just keep your cards asking for my business unless your willing to put your money where your mouth is. I have never had such a bad experience with any other company including government agencies, licensing agencies, or the irs, so I suggest you reevaluate your policies and plan to spend even more money on advertising to try to get new customers because news travels fast in this day and age and I intend to l et everyone I don't know and especially the ones I do exactly what your company has put me through. And that has been going on for about 1 1/2 years now just because I wanted to disconnect my service. It speaks volume and I applaud anyone willing to take this corp. giant to court because the complaints for this company never ends.

• Resolution statement

• CenturyLink Customer Care's Response, Apr 22, 2009

Hello there, my name is Brian and I am a manager. I just ran across your post here, and I would like to see if there is anything I can do for you at this point. I really, really apologize that you've had this experience with us.

Having been a rep myself, writing an order for new service, for someone that lives in a city that borders another state can take longer than most, but it should not have taken this long to get this resolved.

If you would like my help, please send me an e-mail at [protected]@Qwest.com and put my name in the subject line.

Again, I apologize for the issues you've gone through, but I look forward to helping where I can.

• CenturyLink Customer Care's Response, May 27, 2009

Hello there, my name is Brian and I work for Qwest. I ran across your post here, and I am curious is if I can further help you. I apologize that you had this experience with, and I would like to help resolve this, with more satisfaction for you.

If you would like more help, please send me an e-mail to [protected]@Qwest.com, with your name, number & billing address, and I will watch out for it. Also, please put my name in the subject line.

• CenturyLink Customer Care's Response, Jul 09, 2009

Hello there, my name is Brian and I work for Qwest. I ran across your post here, and am curious if I can help you with your internet billing. I apologize that you received a different pricing on your DSL service than you were expecting.

If you would like my help with this, please send me an e-mail to [protected]@Qwest.com, and put my name in the subject line.

Consumer Affairs Manager
    www.socialmedia.qwest.com

• CenturyLink Customer Care's Response, Aug 25, 2009

Hello, my name is Steph at Qwest, I am sorry to hear about all the billing trouble you have had over the promotion as well as monthly price for life billing. I would be happy to resolve this for you. Please email me at [protected]@qwest.com attention Steph. Please include a copy of your post, (any additional details - such as the regular monthly price you were quoted), your billing phone number and address, and I will work out any necessary adjustments and changes to the billing.

Steph Lake
    Manager - Talk To Qwest Team

[protected]@qwest.com - attention Steph
    www.twitter.com/TalkToQwest

"At Qwest your account information is confidential and protected by law, so I need your permission to access the account.”

• CenturyLink Customer Care's Response, Apr 15, 2010

Hello again RRDan, Brian here,

I know we've been working on this issue for quite some time and it's been very frustrating. I am still looking at any other possible options we have to try to help with the difficulty of this situation, you are a valued customer and I truly apologize you've had to go through this. Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me and I will be in touch if I can find a better way to resolve this for you.

Brian
    Manager, Talk To Qwest Team

• CenturyLink Customer Care's Response, Jan 12, 2011

Hello, Steph from Qwest here,

I'm sorry to hear about the misinformation you received and the lack of resolution. Please email me at [protected]@qwest.com with your bill phone number, bill address and best contact number and I will get a business specialist to review this situation for you.

Stephanie Lake
    Manager, Talk To Qwest Team

Comments

•   Jul 18, 2008
    Qwest - charges for static noise on home phone
    Phoenix
    Arizona
    qwest.com

I heard a loud static noise on my home telephone. Qwest Technical Support ran a test on my phone line and said that it was a short in the line on the outside of the house. They then told me they could fix it but were going to charge me $85.00 to fix it. I told them that was rediculous. I am paying them for a service and they want me to pay for the repair of an outside phone line? I canceled my service immediately and will never do business with them again.

• Ph
      Aug 11, 2008
    Qwest - this is not my bill
    QWEST
    6215 NE Multnomah st
    Portland
    Phone: [protected]

I've recieved a collection notice dated 7/31/2017 from afni regarding a Qwest bill from 2017. the address provided from the anfi agent was not ever an address I've ever been affialiated with. I live and have lived and owned is 6215 NE Multnomah st portland oregon 97213 since August 2 1997. please investigate and remove this from my credit report, thanks

Phil

•   Oct 01, 2008

I decided to go with a cheaper home phone service which works through the internet and my cellphone company. I also have my internet service through Qwest but I did not want that turned off. Before I did this I called Qwest and got all my ducks in a row. Qwest said no problem just have the other company send a disconnect letter to us and it will be done. I was bundled through Qwest so because I got out of the bundle my bill would go up by $5.00 not a problem. Today my phone service and internet service were disconnected through Qwest. I called Qwest and this is were the ripp off started. I immediately asked to speak with a supervisor because I knew this was going to get messy. They advised me that Qwest accidentally terminated my service completely and I now have to sign up as a $ NEW CUSTOMER $ I have to sign a new 2 year contract, ( which I was out of because I have had qwest for 5-6 years) I was paying $26.99 for life that now goes up to $39.99 for life with the new 2 year contract if you don't agree to the contract it's $49.99 and $10.00 a year after that. So they muscle you into a 2 year contract. Then they tell me all new customers have to have a technician come out to check the phone lines to make sure they are working properly $$$$$$$$ yeah right I have had the same phone lines for 5 years and only lost service an hour and a half ago. There is nothing wrong with my phone lines. Now I have to send back the modem I was renting and have a new one installed $$$$$ Then they ask me if I want to buy the modem out right or they have to do a credit check to rent me one. So it would seem that all Qwest has to do is go ooop's we accidentally shut off all your service even though we got a letter from the other phone company saying just the phone service and not the internet service. They now start you as a new customer (which looks good to the investors new customers everyday) they get you wrapped into a 2 year contract, they can charge you more than you were paying originally, they get a service call for their techs, And you get screwed... what a scam...

•   Oct 27, 2008
    Qwest - cheats
    QWEST

QWEST has been cheating and going back on their word. When I joined their phone and DSL service I was told that if I subscribe to their 7 MB DSL service, I won't have to pay for the modem. After wasting 3 hours on 7 calls and talking to 14 people I was repeatedly told that the credit will appear but it never did. Finally, I decided to disconnect these guys, and called again. And now they are flat out denying that there ever was such an ofer. To top that off, they have rude and insulting.

I am never going back. And rest of y'all want to do the same probably, their DSL is slow anyway.

• Ka
      Nov 24, 2008

I've been in a battle with QWest now for one year about disconnecting my DSL when my home PC broke last NOV. 2017. They kept billing us from Dec. 2017 - July 2017 when I finally got on to a 90 phone call with several HOLDS, TRANSFERS, etc. and rude voices on the QWest end that were not willing to help me with my situation. I gave them many opportunities for "customer service" to pop in to play, BUT it just NEVER did, so finally I said okay that's it remove all of my residential QWEST LAN lines, etc. I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH QWEST UTILITIES EVER AGAIN. I also had them give me the QWest complaint dept. address in Denver, CO. that I wrote to on July 30, 2017 and received one message call around Sept. 2017, then I called back and they haven't returned my call. This morning I received a call from QWest Collections saying that I owe $138.05 for the utility still. He said how would you like to pay for this today? I said I will not pay for that...QWest owes us $315. ($45. DSL monthly charge X 7 months) that still hasn't been paid back to us. I found a DISPUTE email that I sent my JULY 2017 letter attached to and asked them to direct it to someone that would take care of this ASAP. Sound like QWEST and SINCLAIR (BARCLAY) Gas must have the same training (or lack of training) for their customer call in lines. Treat them all rude and sure they will come back and we'll get our full money and all will be happy - is that really the way it works in business? Don't think so. Not with us!

• Su
      Dec 05, 2008
    Qwest - awful tech service and billing service
    Portland
    Oregon

I switched from Comcast to Qwest as the sales person was incredibly persuasive ...well ...the technician came and installed and left on a Thursday night (LATE!) and on Friday morning nothing worked; after being on the phone with the tech depart who was sending me around to several people and each person would try to sell me a new service for four hours and when they said they could not do anything but send a technician out on saturday and gave me an 8 hour window. That second I canceled Qwest and went right back to Comcast (they were the devil I knew) ...so nothing worked I was told I would be credited for lack of service WRONG! ...i also sent back the modems they installed (NO CREDIT CAME THROUGH) ...i spoke with jsut about every specialist in the billing department (they are sugary sweet) who all promised they were helping me and that it would be credited (for 2 mos) -- THEY LIED. I got a call from collections yesterday and I told them that I was told that Qwest Collections was sending them an email to the collections group to not collect against my account a credit was coming through. The collection agency (Qwest is their client) said that they lied and that they cannot do that and they will do whatever they need to do to get the $$ from me ...they said that I should call back and ask for a supervisor at Qwest to get my account credited; I tried that and surprise they were all in a meeting. So I called again today and as of now I've been on hold for 15 minutes with no supervisor on the line ...they are Satan's representative on earth.

• Mo
      Dec 08, 2008
    Qwest - horrible company
    Colorado

I dont know how qwest can stay in business everything they say is a lie! We hooked up phone and internet through them back in mid June (08) they told me when I got service that the bills would be anywhere from $70-$80 a month LIE our bills have been anywhere from $90-$120 and we only have phone/internet. Not only that but their internet connection sucks when we first got it, it was fine but over the last few months its gotten slower and slower to the point where it takes up 5 minutes to load a page and up 20+ minutes just to load a video and when the video does finally load it buffers every 2 seconds or it doesnt load at all. I would go to Comacast if we got it where we are if you dont have qwest I suggest that you dont get it. Also we are on our second modem since June!

• Mo
      Dec 08, 2008

I totally agree with you! I am a qwest customer and when I hooked up my phone and internet they told me the bills would not go over $80 a month except the first or second bill cause of all the hook up fees and what not well that was back in June our bills have not once gone down to what they told us they would be and I cant stand their internet connection it was alright at first now it makes me want to throw the modem through the window its so frigin slow!!!

• Ve
      Dec 10, 2008
    Qwest - who to contact when wronged
    Washington

I won't go into all the details of my nightmarish relationship with this company. Suffice it to say they are on a mission to destroy decades of good credit for unauthorized charges to my account. I want to share who you might want to complain to if wronged by them.
    Landline & Internet: Your state Public Utility Commision, Attorney General
    Cell phone: Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications
    DirectTV: not sure, but I know there have been problems with them too (try PUC, FTC, & FCC)

There have been less than satisfactory outcomes with Better Business Bureau with this company. I personally feel it's a waste of time. They claim that all cases must be "arbitrated" by their arbitration firm but I wouldn't let that intimidate you. I plan to initiate a small claims case regardless. It usually gets a response.
    If you have been charged early termination fees on a month to month plan go here:
    Cell phone article: google qwest+ oregonian+ Jennifer Palmquist

You must play hardball with this company to get your money refunded. If you're not willing to do that they will continue to abuse their customers. Remember that someone didn't fight, and now you're the one holding the bag.

Best of luck from Washington state :)

• Ge
      Dec 23, 2008
    Qwest - fraud and cheating
    1801 California St
    Denver
    qwest.com

I want to start off by saying I have been a customer service rep, and I don't blame the reps in this case, except maybe those who are working on commission and are willing to spin/and or lie about a product in order to get people to buy it (Not saying people who work on commission are evil; just that some are very willing to do devious things.)

I use the Washington Telephone Assistance Program, which is basically a government-sponsored discount for poor people. It includes a lower price for service and no The only company who accepts this service is Qwest (Isn't that convenient?). Though I'd heard bad things about them, I figured that if it were government sponsored they'd have to honor it, and so I wouldn't have as many problems.

Upon first calling, I was told my price for local service would be $2.00. I might have balked at the price, except that government services I receive give me a lot of other things that seem equally amazing. So I happily signed up. While signing up I was told I could choose three features for a lower price as well (I believe I chose caller ID as one of them.)

As it turns out, the WTAP program is supposed to have local service cost $8.00, and I don't know if that charges tax. It doesn't cover other items. If I had known that, I wouldn't have trusted the other rep who told me that it could cover long distance. Instead of the $17.00 promised, I ended up paying about $30, more after tax. I called to cancel, and was informed that there wouldn't be any more charges related to the long distance service.

My most recent bill came, with a price tag of $27.00, along with listings of charges. There was a cancellation fee, which I wasn't informed of. A list of long distance phone calls is also on the bill, which shows why I'm being charged for long distance. However, as I was told there would be no further charges, I'm rather pissed off that there are charges.

I have now complained thoroughly, and the problem is being escalated. Which will doubtless do little, but it's worth a shot. I never complain for refunds. In this case, however, if I had known of any of the charges I would be receiving for any of this, I would only have paid for the local service. I can't say I'd have gone with a different service, as my main complaint is their inability to inform me of what I will be charged.

In conclusion, I don't recommend Quest, especially not for use with the WTAP program. However, if you will use them, stick with the local service and don't bother with the extras.

• Co
      Dec 30, 2008
    Qwest - online fraud
    qwest.com

In September I found a notice on my door from Qwest, they had upgrade our neighborhood to high speed digital fiber, and were offering deals of $29/mo for the low end which I was using and paying $42/mo or $44/mo for their new 12GB service. I called them and was assured that yes I could be upgraded for just a few $$ more than I was currently paying. After a lengthy discussion with the Qwest rep I upgraded to their new service. By November I was being charged $65 for the service plus an additional $14 for MSN which I specifically did not want. I called them and was told those charges would be removed from my bill and I would be charged the $44/mo originally quoted. A month later I get another statement with the charges they were going to remove now listed as past due and my charges are back to the $65 +$14, when I called again I was told the only way I could get the (now) $46/mo rate was to sign a 2 year contract and there was no way they could roll back the price over the last 2 months. This is a ripoff from a company that now controls most of telecom.

• Ro
      Jan 03, 2009

• Ti
      Jan 28, 2009
    Qwest - refund
    qwest.com

11/08 my roommate wanted to get Direct TV...and they only way we could was we had to get home phone service through Qwest. After having the Direct TV guy here to find out we couldn't have the service I called and cancelled Qwest. No problems. When I received the bill, I paid it online 11/4. Two days later, they took another payment out of my account 11/6.

When I called they told me they'd send me a check. I've been calling every couple of weeks since then and all they could tell me was they sent out a check, it's in the mail, blah blah blah. Then today I call and they tell me the first check was cashed 11/28 and they won't be sending me another. Doesn't matter that it wasn't me who cashed it... they refused to give my money back. So they pretty much stole money from me. I've reported them to the BBB and am about to file a dispute through my bank
    to get my money back somehow.

This was the last straw... I will NEVER EVER EVER have Qwest even if they're the last phone company on earth... I'll go phoneless!!!

Not only did they steal $35.13 from me but the $20 fee I was charged when they overdrafted my account.

• Di
      Feb 06, 2009
    Qwest - non-stop mail solicitations
    1801 California St, 19th Floor
    Denver
    qwest.com

This has been ongoing for 1.5 years. I've filed complaints directly with Qwest (I'm on their DO NOT SOLICIT LIST), filed numerous complaints with the BBB in Denver, and directly with the CEO office to stop stuffing my mailbox with offers for DSL, TV, and cell phone services. Only once has CEO secretary said she would get the mailings stopped, which lasted 1 month, then they began 4 times per week. Of course Qwest Customer Service (sic) is worthless, the BBB has given up and suggested I contact an attorney, and my direct calls to the CEO secretary do not get returned. I would never do business with them! I'm sorry I live in their area. AVOID THEM!!

• Gr
      Mar 03, 2009
    Qwest - excessive fees
    Qwest Communications

I was charged $900 to cancel my telephone service! When I inquired as to why there were these exorbitant charges I was told I was in a special business plan and could not cancel my phone service without $300 per line for 3 lines. I told them I never signed up for this plan and asked to see my contract. They told me it was verbal. I called multiple times to complain and they told me they would investigate. I never received a call back. I finally spoke to them and they said the charges would stand.

• Da
      Mar 05, 2009

My continuing problems with Qwest would be hysterical if it was a TV show. Unfortunately this is what has happened so far. I guess I should have expected this when I couldn’t set my account up on line. I do everything on line. I pay bills, correspond, buy stuff, etc. When I couldn’t set it up, I originally thought I misunderstood. So I got frustrated and reviewed the set up instructions again. I finally called the Internet support people and she said I needed a password, which they should have given me when they established service. So I searched in vain for a password that in fact did not (and had never existed. So I called again and was told after a royal runaround and talking to at least 2 customers service reps that there was a glitch in the system. It would soon be corrected. I tried periodically to set up the account and gave up trying to do it before I left for Europe. I had been assured that I had only installed local service on my phone and that long distance was unavailable.

While I was in Europe, a teenager in my house figured out a way to call long distance and bill it back to my phone unbeknownst to me. He then left my house, returned to his home at the other side of the state. After he was gone I finally managed (after 3 months of trying in vain – not my problem – a glitch in their system) to bring up my account on line. I then discovered over $300.00 worth of long distance charges. I called Qwest right away and asked them how it happened. They said he routed the calls through AmericaTel. I asked how that could happen after I made it clear I wanted no long distance on my phone. They had me setup a password. I also asked what the rest of the charges were and they had no way of telling. They said I would have to wait for AmericaTel to put the charges through. AmericaTel sends bills through ILD. They were no help either. And I couldn’t reach anyone that spoke English at AmericaTel. I had to write 3 letters, One to Qwest, One to IL, One to AmericaTel, Contact the local police and make out a police report. The teenager is also in State custody but they have been no help in this matter. And this is just for openers.

After a month I discovered that Qwest couldn’t stop someone from abusing your home phone. This became evident when one day my DirectTV service was suspended for non-payment of my bill. It was evening and Qwest doesn’t work in their business office after 6 PM. DirectTV would not turn my service and Qwest repair could do nothing. I could not get the problem fixed until the next day. The next day the business office got me reconnected and apologized for disconnecting me because I shouldn’t have been disconnected and she couldn’t explain how it happened or why it did. I told them to disconnect the landline. When it didn’t happen, I called and asked to have it disconnected again. It took almost a week to take effect. About a week later my landline rings again. It is a Qwest recording that says my line is now connected and I need to set up my voicemail. I about blew a fuse. I called customer service that want to know what number this about and of course I have no idea. They managed to turn the line off in about half an hour. This represented pretty fast work for a change. Today my phone began ringing again. I picked it up and there are two people speaking in Spanish. I freaked out again and called Qwest who of course wanted to know what number I was calling about. Of course I didn’t know. During the conversation the line became usable and I suggested that I could call my phone and find out what the number was. The customer service rep said that was good, but it really wasn’t my problem. So I called the number back on my cell phone and the lady that answered was surprised that I was attached to her phone and she was going to call Qwest and complain. This problem is not fixed as I write this.

It is now the next day and my phone is still not working. I got a call from Qwest that said my service changes have been implemented. Since my phone is not supposed to be working, I called Qwest again to report the continued problem. I am having problems getting the customer service rep to understand. After a long wait the rep returned and said it should be fixed in 24 hours. I then asked her for an address to send a complaint letter to ands she had no idea. She said she could give me a toll free number to call and get the address. I said, “Are you kidding me?” The number she gave me was the wrong number. It was the number for claims for physical damage caused by Qwest. She gave me another number to call that handles compensation for other problems. I called that number and got a voicemail. I left that person a message to return my call to make sure this is the person that handles this. The voicemail said that she gets back to people within a week (No surprise there). And I’m still attached to someone else’s line.

• Kr
      Apr 20, 2009
    Qwest - worst service ever
    Self
    Clarkston
    Washington

Qwest is the absolute poorest excuse for Communications I have EVER seen! I live in Clarkston, WA, which is a town across the river from Lewiston, ID, which Qwest classifies as a "Border Town". I had a SIMPLE request. All I wanted was a residential Phone line with internet. Simple enough, right? WRONG! I spent an hour on the phone each day for 3 days (using up my entire lunch hour at work each time) just trying to get somebody to put an order in. YOu see, because Clarkston is a "Border Town" I couldn't just simply hook up service. Nor could anyone I talked to at their center help me or figure out HOW to even put an order in! One of these times I tried to get 'Hooked up", I was given two 800 #'s to call. One of the 800 #'s was a DIRECT TV # and another, a Qwest REPAIR # !!! Finally I got "John" in Tucson, AZ who submitted a "handwritten" order. He told me he'd personally submit it. Since I had no phone # for them to contact me (OBVIOUSLY, this is why I was trying to get it set up) "John" told me to give a certain 800 a call in a few days to get my new phone # and see that it went through. Ok...SO...I called a few days later. The lady who answered checked and they had NO RECORD of me in their system at all! After wasting about 5 hours total of my life over about 2-3 weeks, I was back at square one. I am now happily telling my story and asking everyone who reads this to spread the word about this "quality" service. I actually worked for this company years ago when they were US WEST...before Qwest bought the company and the service went from already shaky to abyssmal!

• Ji
      Apr 27, 2009
    Qwest - worst service available
    qwest.com

I own a real estate brokerage in Phoenix, AZ. I have had Cox Service for business at my old office for 2 years, which was great and well worth the prices they charged. I recently changed offices and was forced to take Qwest at the new office. Worst Service EVER!!!

Qwest is way more expensive than cox. Their service sucks. They were charging me 69.99/mo for 5mb internet and my speed is around 1mb. I got 1.5mb from Cox for 19.99/mo.

My first bill was $264.73 This included a bunch of charges for items I was told was included with the one year contract I signed. Here is the kicker...if i dispute the unjust charges they report me a paying late. They think it is fair to pay the bill and if they find the charges unjust they will refund the money at a later date. Sorry Qwest I don't play like that!

Anyone who has the choice between Cox or Qwest. Go Cox and save yourself a ton of money, headache and time.

Qwest, I am counting down the days until you go out of business!

• Ci
      May 02, 2009

I have been requesting that they stop solicitaions too many times over the past 2 years. I have their service for land line phone and have figured it's because I'm a customer that they keep sending junk about everything else. Now that I've called atleast 5 times and keep getting junk mail I'm getting really annoyed. It's a huge waste of paper, ink, and postage and as an enviromentalist it pisses me off that a such a large company is being so piggish. Hello if I really wanted your DSL, Cell, or packages I will inquire myself!!
    And by the way I did recently check on their prices for DSL and it was outragiously priced as a single item, which further annoyed me that they've been harrasing me with junkmail all this time and they don't even a have a fair price to offer.

• Le
      May 09, 2009

My first bill was $264.73 This included a bunch of charges for items I was told was included with the one year contract I signed. Here is the kicker... if i dispute the unjust charges they report me a paying late. They think it is fair to pay the bill and if they find the charges unjust they will refund the money at a later date. Sorry Qwest I don't play like that!

Qwest, I am counting down the days until you go out of business!

• St
      May 24, 2009
    Qwest - dsl phoney plan sign-up
    Phone: [protected]

Qwest emplyees went door to door in Denver calling on existing Qwest DSL customers offering to increase the speed and lower the price. I found it hard to believe so I got it in writing. When the bill came the price was higher than what was promised. I called Qwest and they informed me that no such plan existed. I asked why they were selling it door to door if it didn't exist and they said why don't you ask the person who sold it to you. So I called her and she said she had sold the same plan to hundreds of other Qwest customers and that Qwest routinely denied that the plan existed. CBS aired a segment on the evening news exposing Qwest and they denied it but were confronted with the fact that I had it in writing and they claimed it was an isolated error. Ever since the story aired a woman at Qwest who was angered by my action has added false charges to my bill every month as a means of harrasment and every month I have to have it corrected which is a one hour phone call. I'd like to start a class action law suit. If you are a Qwest customer and have experienced the same, please contact me so we can pursue poosible joint action aagainst this devious company! Contact Steve at [protected].

• Ke
      May 26, 2009
    Qwest - liar
    Oregon

This is an ordeal!! Do not deal with qwest ever!!!
    I was gonna canceled qwest phone & dsl in feb. When I moved. So, I called qwest. The customer service was nice and said that I qualified to have 12 months dsl free with just basic phone service and I can canceled after 12 months. I took the bait and agreed upon it. First phone bill came, qwest charged me $ 45.00 for dsl. Naturally, I called and asked why i'm charged. The lady was nice and said it'd take couple billing cycles to activate. I said ok and asked about directv. It seems like a good deal,. So, I got directv via qwest. Second bill, the dsl charge is 45.00 again and full charges on directv! I was angry and called qwest again! Once again, qwest explained that dsl discount would not kick in after couple billing cycles and the directv rebate would take at least 2 weeks. Ok. The third bill, remember 3 months have passed, dsl charge is $55.00. I was furious and called qwest. Get this, the customer service said the promotion was never put on because I never signed on to the 2 years agreement. I asked why was I never told about the agreement & why no one told me every time I called qwest to resolve the billing problem? The supervisor said maybe someone was new on the job. Why, after 3 months, am I been told? I was so pissed. I paid all my bill & canceled any services with qwest. I got so mad that i'm gonna write everyone and tell everyone about this ###!!

• Pr
      Jul 07, 2009

I am in a battle with Qwest right at this moment. When I opened the account three months ago I was told I would be given a promotional rate on my internet of 17.99 for the first three month. I receive my first bill and have been over charged so I call customer service. I am told by a representative that the promotion I was offered was no longer available, so I was offered 24.99 for one full year. I agreed thinking that this would be a better deal anyway. I receive my second bill and I have been over charged. I call customer service and speak to a representative and he says he has taken care of it and I will be receiving the promised rate for one year. I go to pay my bill over the phone a week later and its back to being over charged because now they say I cannot get that rate because I do not have a home phone through them. The customer service is completely pitiful and if they think that I am going to pay anymore they can think again.

• De
      Jul 28, 2009
    Qwest - internet offer fraud
    New Mexico

Other posters stories sound familiar to me... Qwest made me an offer through a third party which I accepted after researching and confirming with Qwest which now they state does not exist for internet service for one year at $25 and thereafter for life $36.99. I was also to receive a $50 credit for purchase of a modem. I am now being billed $59 for the service and have yet to receive the $50 credit (this started three months ago). I have spoken with customer service repeatedly about my incorrect bills and was assured that my contracted price and credit would be in my next bill. Now yesterday they inform me this contract does not exsist and try to get me to agree over the phone to a new higher rate and no lifetime price guarantee. Don't deal with customer service! I'm going straight to my attorney general's office and sending Qwest a certified letter with copies of the contract.

• De
      Jul 28, 2009

This complaint is very similar to mine. Qwest will offer a price and then from the first bill increase the price. Customer service will tell you they will correct the bill and then will not (only takes me 1/2 hour on the phone to get this phony promise...guess I should feel lucky). Customer service will try to tell you your plan does not exsist. I have it in writing also and will confront them with it. I'd like to join Steve's class action lawsuit!

• Br
      Aug 24, 2009
    Qwest - bait and switch
    Seattle
    Washington

I ordered Qwest DSL through Bridgevine. The offer was first 3 months free and then a price for life as long as I kept the bundle plan. Getting Qwest to honor the 3 months free has been a nightmare. They first claim they never had this as an offer. After many phone calls they agreed to give me 3 months free, however they will not honor the price for life. They claim the offer never exisited. Wish I would have saved the web page that I ordered from. This is totally bait and switch between Brigdevine and Qwest. Oh and so far they have only given me 1 month for free and I have had the service for 8 months now.

• Je
      Aug 28, 2009

Funny, I just looked at my summary of services online only to notice after over a year of service with QWEST, they have entered me into a 24 month contract in order to receive their “Price for life”. I never agreed to this. When I ordered services through Qwest my home was actually for sale, I did not know how long I would even be there. I asked if there pricing included any contractual obligations. The sales rep told me "no". I ordered the bundled package and was extremely displeased with the direct TV service. When I called to cancel several months later I was notified that I would have to pay for services until the end of the contractual agreement, 18 months!! I was also told that there were no other contractual agreements with Qwest, it was only Direct TV! I told them I never had any agreement to a contract and specifically told them my home was for sale so I was not sure how long I would require services. Direct TV reps told me there was nothing they could do, call Qwest and work with them. In May 2017 the Qwest promotion included various gift certificates, the first one for $150.00. I never received it but was fine with it because after reading more about the “gift card”, I found I would have been obligating myself right into a contract. About 8 months later I received yet another “Gift card”, a “thank you for being a customer” gift card. No strings attached and could use it to pay down my monthly charges. I entered all the information online as instructed and did not receive a credit in the amount of the “gift certificate”. When I called to inquire the billing rep said he did not see anything that was ever entered or processed to include the gift card credit. After hassling over being outright lied to by the rep that took my service order, I am not surprised. These people do not return calls to resolve issues and the reps just continue telling you there is nothing you can do. I know I never agreed to any contract for any length of time, I have no problem paying an extra $5.00 per service if it is necessary. I was told today by the billing rep that they verify customer contract enrollment through an automated system. That’s nice; I want an original record of that automated system call proving notification of contract agreement. I want proof that I was notified, which I know damn well I was not! I was told THIS NOTIFICATION: “You are receiving a reduced monthly rate for your Qwest Connect service because of your 24 month term commitment. Your agreement expires on ------”, located on the front of the online billing summary satisfies the FTC guidelines as proof of a customers notice of contractual agreement! There need not be any signatures or verbal communication. I don’t know about anyone else but when I go online to pay a bill I don’t stop to read all the fine print. I look at the numbers, make sure that the bill amount is close to what it should be and pay it! So now if we are not reading everything we can be swindled into a contract without even being aware. Without even knowing it I was suddenly enrolled in the "PRICE FOR LIFE" contract. So, one last thing, if this is a "PRICE FOR LIFE" contract, why then does the amount of my bill change???

• Nd
      Sep 30, 2009

FOR GOD SAKES DON'T USE QWEST!!
    I joined in June of this year. I specifically REFUSED the 2 year contract. In July, I received my first bill stating I was on the 2 year contract! I have been fighting since July. One representative told me I received a $60.00 discount and must now pay $60.00 to get out of the 2 year contract. However, she REFUSED to provide proof of the $60.00 discount!!
    I have filed a case with the Better Business Bureau.

• Ji
      Oct 06, 2009

We had a similar experience with Qwest and its bundled DirecTV. We moved from an apartment, paid up our last bundled Qwest bill (including DirecTV), and now are receiving a bill from DirecTV that does not show the final payment we made through Qwest. Upon repeated calls both to Qwest and DirecTV, no none will take responsibility. We have a canceled check showing Qwest took our money and did not credit on our DirecTV account. So now we are being expected to pay twice!

And we are amazed by the incompetent, rude "customer service" representatives at both companies. Their bundling is ineffective and just gives them an excuse to steal our money and not have to care about it. "We are Qwest - we don't have to care."

• Cl
      Oct 13, 2009
    Qwest - terrible service
    qwest.com

I noticed my Qwest bill last month had a funny charge on it of "ILD" Teleservices. What the heck is that? Called Qwest and found out that they have "no control" over 3rd party billings on my Qwest bill. They just pass on the charge. OK, so that's interesting. Told me to call "Zoom-I net" who was the company that charged this to Qwest, and ultimately to me. I talked to Zoom-I-net, still have no clue as to what they do or who authorized this on my behalf, and they said they would credit the amount. Still have not seen the credit, and Qwest will not credit until they do. I itemized a few more bills, and sure enough, there is a monthly charge for the same ILD fee from Zoom-I-net. So...last year in total I was billed $160 from this 3rd party company who I never authorized and is coming to me on my Qwest bill, who will not credit me until they do.

• Ga
      Oct 13, 2009

First, have Quest place a third party bill block on your account, then dispute the ILD charges and ask for them to send charges to ILD. By doing that, it will not look negatively on your Quest bill. One thing you need to know is that your local phone service cannot be interrupted due to third party charges.

• Db
      Oct 14, 2009
    Qwest - service/customer service
    qwest

I have had qwest phone service since 2017...and have had TONS of problems, mostly incorrect billing. Over the 4 years I have called over 30 times! I have kept records of all calls and have been lied to numerous times...one person saying one thing and someone else something different. I have been spoken to rudely on several occasions by the cutomer service representatives and am writing a complaint letter to their corporate offices. I have been trying to discontinue service with them since 4/09 and am still in the battle. I can not
    recommend highly enough that you DO NOT use qwest service.

• Sm
      Oct 23, 2009
    Qwest - repair bill
    Utah

I am a landscaper. Before working on a project I had all utilities located. In the back yard there were two separate orange paint lines both starting from the Qwest main phone box and both leading to the phone box mounted on the house, but in two separate areas of the yard. We dug all the areas that were painted by hand and two feet beyond the marks then used equipment for the rest. Guess what, I hit a phone line and it was a good 3 feet from the line. I call Qwest, the repair man repairs the broken line temporarily then says we should run a new line. I told him that since I was trenching for sprinklers anyway, I would dig the trench and run it into his boxes and he would just have to come back and hook it up. Stake Center Locating, the company responsible for marking the phone line, came and looked at the cut line and looked at the pictures that he took of the lines that he marked. Guess what both he and his supervisor agreed that the markings were incorrect. Now three months later Qwest sends me a bill for the repair for $210 and says that the cable locate was accurate. I mean it was bad enough that I wasted my time digging around incorrect markings, then being a nice guy I offer to put the new phone line in for them, now they are sending me the bill? Should I not be sending them a bill for my wasted time?

• Af
      Dec 03, 2009
    Qwest - beware
    qwest.com

I ordered a DirecTV / Qwest phone and TV bundle package last March. One bill instead of two, and it costs less! How can I go wrong? Many, many ways. First off, the installer for DirecTV was a no-show on the day they were supposed to come to my house- after they made me take half a day off of work to be home for them.

So, I complained and DirecTV gave me a $100 credit on my bill. Qwest, of course, processes the bill.

Qwest never honored the credit. I called DirecTV customer service seven times and Qwest customer service nine times in the past two months. Each time, they assured me I would be credited the $100.

DirecTV swears they told Qwest about it. Qwest says, "yes, we see it in the record, but it'll be reflected on your bill next month." In the meantime, I paid every bill in full, allowing for a $100 credit, as I was instructed to by Qwest.

So, I come home from work on Monday and guess what? Qwest ordered DirecTV to shut off my service. When I called DirecTV, they seemed puzzled... why?

DirecTV told me that, according to their records, the bills were up to date, and in fact they'd been overpaid by $37. I would call Qwest, but they keep bankers' hours and are unreachable past 6pm pacific time.

Have you ever been shut off for paying your bill on time? Beware the bundle, my friends...

Jan 14, 2010
    Qwest - bogus installation fees
    Colorado

After 4 years as a Qwest phone and DSL subscriber, I decided that my phone service was no longer needed and spoke to 3 reps at Qwest asking what would be involved in terminating the voice service and simply leaving the DSL service active (with my block of static IP addresses intact). Never was I told that I'd have to pay any cancellation fees, nor was I told that I would pay any fees for changing my service. Needless to say, I proceeded with terminating my voice services in December. January rolls around and I get the bill from Qwest. Instead of my (expected) lower bill, I received a bill higher than the one I'd been typically getting. I look the bill over and see that Qwest proceeded to charge me $93.99 for the "privilege" of terminating my voice service without terminating my DSL.

Assuming that there must be some kind of mistake and being annoyed by the intentional vagueness of the bill, I contacted Qwest billing to clear the problem up. I was then told that the charges were all appropriate and that these charges were installation fees and charges for changing the DSL service.

I asked why I'd been charged for anything extra since I only dropped the voice service. I was then told that it was because Qwest had to move my DSL service from the original phone number that it was active on to another phone number and that resulted in the extra charges. I told the rep that I thought that this ridiculous since there was no physical change to *any part* of my service. Qwest never asked for my authorization to switch the DSL service to a new phone number and never informed me that I'd be charged to drop my voice service. I then told the rep that it seemed like Qwest was retaliating against me for canceling the voice service. I asked him then for the corporate headquarters address. He refused and said that he had an email address that he could give me instead. After asking again for the mailing address for headquarters and being refused I hung up and called back. Another rep found the address for me (probably on Google) and gave me the address in Denver.

I wish I had a decent alternative to Qwest that would serve my Internet service needs. Till then I'm forced to deal with thieves.

• Ni
      Jan 19, 2010

Qwest had done the same thing to me. I called them and they offered me a landline phone package with a long distance feature at a flat rate of $45 a month. The long disnace was anywhere in US, Alaska, Canada and Europe. They asured me of this and they even showed and advertised on their website.

After one month of use, they send me a bill of over $300. When I called them and told them I was told my rate was flat, no extra charges, and Europe, US, and Canada were included in this price. They said, there is no such plan and while US and Canada maybe free, Europe isn't free. I called them many times to complain and to resolve this but failed to resolve in a civil manner because they won't listen.

I believe this is def a bait and switch and I want report and file with the FCC http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm and other agency

• Da
      Jan 21, 2010
    Qwest - service tremination
    Colorado

I switched from Qwest voice (not cell) and DSL to Comcast Broadband on November 9th. After a day of verifying that my new service worked I contacted Qwest to make sure they terminated my voice and internet service and asked for a final statement. After the end of the billing period, I called to get the final ballance which was $99 and I paid by credit card on December 6th. The agent told my that there was still a long distance charge that was on a different billing cycle of about $15 but she did not have the exact amount. I told her to send me the final statement.

Yesterday, Jan 20th, I received a call on my cell phone from a collection agency reguarding my Qwest account. I hung up and contacted Qwest. They had not terminated the internet portion of the account and claimed I owed them $146. After 3 calls and over 2 hours of my time they dropped the internet charges and came up with the ballance that I was waiting for of $14.26 which I paid by credit card.

My complaint is with their inept customer service in their failure to verify that my service was terminated. I was also under a 2 year contract. I called several times to a termination date and was given incorrect information until I confronted them with my records. I also take exception to their collection practices since I called to make a final payment on December 6th and was called by a collection agency on January 20th. Qwest also gave them my cell phone number which was not part of their service. I did a bundle deal with Qwest when they offer Verison. I switched that service over a year ago to AT&T.

• Ca
      Mar 01, 2010

I agreed to a two yr contract for internet and t-v. they raised my internet w/in the first yr - they broke the agreement and contract by doing so.

i wanted to continue with t-v but they said they had to drop me because i canceled internt. they also told me that i had a refund coming.

this is what they did - they disconnected my t-v and internet they charged me 161.00 for stopping my t-v - i did not stop my t-v they did and they owed me money.

now i have been turned over to a collection agency.

i spent several hours on the phone with them to straighten this out - eventually they would tell me i was right and i owned them nothing - BUT - this did not stop them from turning over to a collection company.

even the T-V service told me qwest owned me money - that i had a credit on my bill and they never should of canceled my t-v service.

i went months without t-v trying to straighten this out.

• Ca
      Mar 01, 2010

They are criminals - guilty of fraud and theft. it angers me that if we did this to a business we would be prosecuted instead they do this to us and we are prosecuted.

where is the justice.

they practiced deceptive marketing - kept my money and then turned me over to collection.

we are living in an upside down justice system where business are thieves and we are enslaved.

• Do
      Mar 24, 2010

I am in a current battle with Quest, over accounts I don't have...in fact I have never had Quest...now I never will. I had my social security number stolen from me. They opened two accounts at two different addresses under my name and soc. They racked up over 600 dollars, from just accepting collect calls. Of course they did not pay, and was sent to Allied Interstate collection Agency. After I talked to the people at Allied and told them I have never had Quest they gave me a number. I called that number and it was Quest, the person I talked to was the rudest ### in the world. He basically called me a liar and said that allied did not give me their number. After making a report with the police and talking to Allied again, I attempted to call Quest again. This time I got a nice woman but she obviously knew nothing because weeks later I got another call from Allied. They told me Quest said it was not fraud and had it collected again. So I had to call Quest AGAIN, and I got a very rude woman who told me that it said on my account that it was not fraud...my patience was really wearing thin. I explained to her...even thought I shouldn't have to that...I HAVE NEVER LIVED AT THOSE ADDRESS AND HAVE NEVER HAD QUEST. She was snotty and told me that the Fraud Department will get back to me...well of course they did not, I kept getting calls from Allied. So I called Quest again, this time a young man put me on hold numerous times talking to the fraud department and his supervisor. He finally told me I needed to fax (and apparently you can only fax you cant mail) past utility bills or bank statements to the fraud department, he said after that they will get back to me in 2-5 business days. SERIOUSLY??? You couldn't [censored] tell me that in the first phone call????? I am not holding my breath that I will hear from them...however if I get another phone call from Allied saying that its not fraud I will be taking legal actions because this is just ridiculous. Because for one these fraud accounts were from September 2017...its freaking March people!!! THEY ARE RUINING MY CREDIT!!! I have never had such rude people talk to me that way, making me feel like I did something wrong...which I did not. and I HATE being called a liar. Quest has the worst customer service I have ever had. I cannot believe they are still running the way they are.