Quiznos / Ripping people off

I'm a vegetarian and visited Quiznos for the first time. I ordered a large sub (on whole wheat bread) with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions, mayo and cheese. I was charged $6.89 plus tax, while my friend ordered the same size sub with all the veggies and cheese I ordered plus meat and was charged a little more than $5 plus tax. When I pointed out to the owner, Ron Fontaine, that I was charged $2 more for a sandwich that contained ingredients given away for free on my friend's sub with meat, he made a joke out of it and offered to give me 'extra' lettuce. I told the man he ripped me off, but he continued to laugh and make light of what I was saying, though the woman who actually put the lettuce on my sandwich said she saw my point completely. I should have demanded my money back but I decided to eat the sandwich and make a mental to never enter Quiznos again.

Since I routinely order what amounts to salad on bread, I've noticed Quiznos is really no different than just about every restaurant I've been to. At Subway, I pay $5 and end up paying another .40 cents because I ask for American, Provolone, and Swiss cheese on my veggie sub. The argument there is that I am getting extra cheese because the standard serving is four squares and I end up with 12. Well, when I explain that each cheese is a different item in the case, the person making the sandwich usually points to the surveillance camera and says the owner counts the cheese when he comes in and watches the tape.

I am fed up with these chain restaurants and their huge mark-ups.

D  20th of Mar, 2010 by
Each cheese is not a different item. Extra cheese is extra cheese, no matter if it's a different type or not. They only charged you 40 cents for 8 extra slices? At my subway it's 60 cents per 4 extra slices. Stop being cheap. There is a sign that clearly states the charge for extra cheese. LEARN TO READ! Or pay more attention. It's people like you that make true complaints get overlooked. People just complain about the stupidest things nowadays. In your case, YOU ARE WRONG! The customer is normally wrong, not always wrong, but normally. Maybe you should learn how the real world works.
D  9th of Apr, 2010 by
if you said you only wanted lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions, mayo and cheese on a sandwich, they should have charged you $5 plus tax. however, if you said you wanted a "Veggie" sub and then told them what you DIDN'T want on it, then it would be $6.89 plus tax. Your friend probably ordered one of the $5 large deli subs, which includes mayo, meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Besides, if you thought it was too expensive, why did you pay for it in the first place? You should have asked before you paid. In this case, you are the wrong one. And at subway, if you wanted something extra, be prepared to pay extra. You think businesses like giving free ### out. Everything costs money and profit for these sandwich businesses is not high. Grow up. If you want to be cheap, learn how to be good at it or you'll feel "ripped off" all your life.

i used to work at a Quizno's and i know all about people like you.

Quiznos Logo Quiznos