Quicken Loans / awful company

I went through Quicken loans for a mortgage for a purchase of a home in FL. I currently live in PA. I was told that I was approved but, that I needed to have my name taken off my husbands credit cards. So I did this. In the mean time I have taken many trips to FL looking for a house.

On our last trip he told me that he was going to do a pre-underwrite so there would be no surprises. I spoke to him the day before we left and was told everything was a go. NOT! We got there and found a house and were about to get a contract and then all of the sudden my credit scores were too low. This is 3 days after he did the pre-underwrite.

I have since found out that him telling me to remove my name from husbands cards is what lowered my score over 80 points.

Now I have wasted over 2000 on another trip to FL and can't buy a home because they have pulled my credit so many times that my score went down another 40 points.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT USE QUICKEN!!

Br

Comments

• De
      15th of Dec, 2008

As many people know, Quicken Loanshas been involved with a highly publicized over time laws suit for the past couple of years. Every couple of month Bill Emerson will come into the office and bark about how Quicken will beat this. When he finally gets off his soap box and back to his steroids the bankers laugh at talk about what a fool he is on the way back to our desks. We quietly discuss the amount of money we will all get when they lose this case.

The reason for this post is to bring attention to the balls these guys have despite being knee deep in this over time laws case. Today is Saturday. X amount of us were asked to attend mandatory training today beginning at 8am in Livonia. 8am. On a Saturday. That's right. Furthermore, we were told by Jay Farner 'If you do not attend you will be kindly asked to leave the company'. Meaning we can't collect unemployment for being fired as they will be asking us to leave on our own. Some bankers are dumb enough to buy tiny Jay's threats. Not me. I didn't go. And when I get pulled into the office on Monday and asked to 'kindly leave the company' my answer will be 'No thanks. If you want to fire me, that's fine. I'll go collect unemployment.'

These are the kinds of scare tactics this company not only lives by, but enjoys.

If you are an employee nd reading this: they sell you as much as they ask you to sell the 2 point higher than anyone else built in rate. If you are ever pulled into a room don't all for their sales pitch. Never agree that 'it's not working out'. Simply disagree, say you appreciate their concern and if they want to fire you that's fine. But as far as you feel, this has and is working out just fine. This way you can collect unemployment, and spend some of the money Jay likes to use on coke and Bill and Dan likes to spend on steroids for yourself and your family.