Menu
Regional Acceptance
reviews & complaints

Regional Acceptance
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

45 complaints
10 resolved 35 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Regional Acceptance. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
4:25 pm EDT

Regional Acceptance - Customer Service and Scam

After being hung up on 3x i called a fourth time. I called to correct billing information on statement and verified my identity through their excessively long verification process. Only for them to demand my credit card information for a 1 time processing fee for what he said was a free gift coupon. When I told him I would not give him my credit card info and that I did not want anything. I only wanted to change billing. He said I had to pay that for them to help me or make that update.

Desired outcome: No scamming customers when you already have a car loan and update the information for accuracy and acceptable customer service.

View 0 more photos
6:56 pm EDT

Regional Acceptance - Rip Off

I had an alright time with this company in my last three years with them. I paid on time and nothing was amiss. It was when I went to refinance that I realized how scammy they were. I have a 24K car I put 4 K down on and financed 20 K. I paid 550 dollars a month for 3 years. That's well over 19K. My balance on my refinance was 15.7 K. What? How ? What?

Second the payoff that was sent was for 16.4 K and was sent on the 6th of may. Regional held on to it and processed it on the 18th of may 2022 accruing about another 200 in interest. They owe me about 536 dollars which I confirmed through customer service on the 19th of May was to be sent out that day. A follow up call on the 3rd of June confirmed that they only processed the overage on the 31st of May and god knows when I will get it.

Third getting a hold of customer service is hell. Hell. I end up in automated systems all the time. I work hard sometimes up to an hour to get to a person only to be disconnected.

So 1. The interest rate makes you pay for your car at least 3 times.

2. They ensure you pay more even at the end.

3. They do not send or process anything in a timely manner. I was informed they send checks by regular mail. Not certified. Not tracked. Not signature confirmation. The worse bank and business ever.

4.You need a virgin sacrifice, two chickens , a vial of orphan tears and a blank check from one of the founding fathers in order to get through customer service and speak to a person. Short of pulling out your own kidney it's a work to get to a person.

They take your money no problem and as long as you keep paying like a dumb human they keep taking your cash.

I do not recommend them at all. Refinance. Get out and for the love of all things sacred if there is a class action against them sign me up.

Desired outcome: I want my overage. Preferably with the extra interest they pulled out of my lifeless body at the end but what is owed is desirable as well.

Update by J. Rossi
Jun 06, 2022 7:00 pm EDT

Just checked the mail and pf course still no check. I will come back EVERY day and comment until I do.

2:20 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I found where they tried to charge over $500 to my old card today and I have never had an account with this company. That is fraud. They cannot just randomly try charging people. -Rhianna Hamwey

A
10:38 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had my first car loan with the Acceptance back in March 2017. I put 3,000 down. They only gave me two options to choose from which was a Dart or a Veloster. I chose the Veloster with 41,000 miles on it. I should have know something was fishy with this company.The day I drove off the lot the car engine light came on and the car started stalling. I...

T
6:39 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been stuck at 4500.00 no matter how much I pay. I've been paying 1000.00 a month plus regular payments. It never goes down. This company needs to be investigated for fraudulent activities. Been try to call corporate office for 387 days and no return call.

1:23 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a 2013 car in 2017 for 20k. Payments 548/month. I still owe 12k. I tried to refinance through my bank and them. No one was willing to do so. However they offer refinancing on the website. The salesman/finance manager all jipped me out of 35000.

9:21 am EST

Regional Acceptance - Balance only dropped a $1,000 after paying $6,000 the past year.

I pay close to $500 a month car payment and after a year the balance only dropped $1, 000. I'm 36 months into paying on this loan and the balance never seems to go down. I am looking for an attorney to file a class action lawsuit against Regional Acceptance Corp. I keep seeing the same complaints over and over again. This company are definitely crooks. I got a loan from them when my credit is bad, however now it is way above average and they won't refinance and other finance companies don't want to take the loan from them because they are crooks.

Desired outcome: Class Action Law Suit

2 comments
Dec 20, 2021 10:32 pm EST

We are getting a class Anton lawsuit going. Email me at [email protected]

Dec 17, 2021 4:46 pm EST

I'm interested in joining the lawsuit. Please email me. [email protected]

10:17 am EST

Regional Acceptance - My loan amount balance

My interest rate was change without my knowledge, I have never refinanced my car loan. They changed the original contract interest rate, I'm paying more than my scheduled payment and it states that I still owe a past due amount, and the loan amount never seems to go down except a hundred or less. When you try to contact someone can never get a person on the phone. I want this resolved and for them to fix my interest rate and prorate all my payments to reflect was is owed in my car

Desired outcome: To fix the interest rate or I will sue for breach of contract

C
2:33 pm EDT

Regional Acceptance - Vehicle pay off

Traded vehicle that was financed with Regional Acceptance on 9-4-2021.
Have received numerous calls each day since [protected] for past due payment.
Dealership that sent pay off check to Regional Acceptance has tracking # and signature of payment being accepted. According to Regional, they have not received the check. They will not offer any solution, they will only keep calling wanting us to make payment.
I have had no luck what so ever contacting or being contacted by management.
DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY

8:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My car was stolen, on 7/25/20, it was totaled, police at my door at 2 am, I was 63 yrs old at the time, this was devastating, the police have a witness, and a camera shot of the suspects, I have Usaa ins, they covered everything, gave me 13, 000 I paid to Regional, I had also purchased gap insurance at the time of sale, I still had the documents and the gap...

8:44 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased the Dodge in 2016 with payments 0f 400.00 a month. Yes we have extended a couple of payments during the loan but we have paid so much money into this vehicle that almost 5 years into the loan we still owe over 16, 000. in one year the needle has not even moved in the balance in one year. So my 400.00 payments have not even touched the balance. I...

4:35 pm EDT

Regional Acceptance - credit reporting false negative balance

I had a total loss on my vehicle and my gap insurance is in process of paying the remaining balance of the vehicle off and regional acceptance is aware of this and we were waiting on THEIR RESPONCE .. regional didn't send all supporting documents to the gap insurance . (reason for the delay ) and are still reporting me negative on my account to the credit bureaus which has brought my credit down 40 points! this is unacceptable !

Desired outcome: remove the past due credit report

1 comment
Aug 16, 2021 8:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I hope you didn’t defer any payments, they state Gap doesn’t pay for deferred payments, that accrue interest back to the date of deferral, when nowhere in my Gap documents is that Stated, between my insurance and Gap, Gsp says no balance due, Regional states other wise, I wish you luck

K
11:03 pm EST

Regional Acceptance - Rip Off Company!

They are the biggest rip off company since Santander. After suing me and lying saying they served me they continue to report an amount on my credit report after getting a judgment for a different amount. This company needs to be put out of business. How can you get a fraudulent judgement but continue to report a different amount as late when it has been chArged off for several years. Currently have a lawyer fighting the is crazy judgement.

Desired outcome: They need to be out out of business

D
6:54 am EDT

Regional Acceptance - auto loan

I get called after 10 pm repeatedly by Regional Acceptance Corp. My address is correct on my account and if they don't know how to find a time zone then they shouldn't be calling people. This has happened 3 nights in a row. All of my contact information is correct and a simple search of my area code or address would tell them what time zone I'm in to avoid calls after I am already in bed.

H
10:17 pm EDT

Regional Acceptance - collections

I bought my car on May 25, 2018. I was promised a payment of no more than $350, instead it was $458.
I was also promised that payment date would be on the 28th of every month, instead it was the 9th.
I was told there was nothing that could be done about the amount of the payment, even though they knew my limit because my income is only social security.
They said if I made the first payment on the 9th, they would then move it to the 28th. But they didn't do that. Then in January, 2019 they agreed to move it, but only to the 24th, which meant my payment would still be late some months.
I got behind a month, as right now my payment which was due April 24 has not yet been paid. The phone calls and emails start the day after a due date if not paid. These calls are 7 days a week, and even on Sunday they start as early as 7 am and continue until at least 9 pm. If they do not get you, they email you telling you to call. They disturb me during church and do not care. I was ill a couple months ago and my daughter let them know I was in the hospital and had surgery but they still called my phone non stop..

1 comment
Aug 16, 2021 8:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They take advantage of the Seniors

N
6:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been paying $560 a month and sending extra for over 7 years for my now ten year old BMW. Next month should be my last loan payment should be one month yet I owe them almost 10k still on a car that was 23k eight years ago. I now have to hope I can trade this car in or will be forced to have it repoed. No way do I have that extra cash or can even...

3:00 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My maturity date is over in 2019 but I now have to pay a year past my maturity because of interest fees and 4 extentions on monthly payments. I never knew or was told that asking for extra few days to make monthly payments would extend my contract. I'll be out of contract with 5500 of interest fees I'm current makes no sense. I asked to get statements sent...

2:52 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I finance my 2009 Hyundai Sonata V6 from Regional Acceptance Corporation for five years. Being very knowledgeable of economics most Financier rate by 1% never taking the amount (How much) it's the American way I love it and play the game. Regional Acceptance Corporation has filed Bankruptcy and is closed. Why the corporation is closed thus releasing my contract the same scam was played on myself.

2:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is shekil rose I have a loan with regional acceptance they told me that they will garnishment My check if I have a Job I told them that I can't afford to pay My car note no more because I only received social security disability and they are not willing to work with me on my loan agreement I even also asked them if I can used My car insurance check...

B
10:07 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a vehicle in 2014 for 10, 000 after interest Regional Acceptance Financed $14, 000. After paying 3 years and 8 months of payments they are claiming I still have 2 years and 6 months left of payments due totaling $14, 000 making total payoff price $20, 000. I have paid $16, 000 to date and they are now threatening repossession claiming I havent...

Regional Acceptance contacts