Qatar Airways / foreign transaction charge
I made a booking through Qatar airways website on 16Feb09. The total amount for which I purchased the ticket was US $3325.34. This was the amount shown by the website and charged on the credit card. The credit card statement is now showing a Foreign Transaction fee of 3% on this amount. When I contacted the credit card company they said that the bill for the charge was from a foreign country and hence the charge.
The billing amount p[er the e-ticket is in USD and the Qatar Airways website did NOT mention about any other currency in which the charge was being made. Had I known this I might have not booked the tickets because none of the other airlines charge in currencies other than US $ while booking for flights originating from US when the booking is made in US.
After speaking to a Qatar airways representative on phone she agreed with me and requested me to call the bank again and explain them the charge was made in US. Hence I called them again, however they do not agree. The customer rep asket to write to Qatar Airways customer service in US.
After a long time they responded back saying that the charge made by the credit card company is correct and whether the charge is made or not depends on the credit card used. This is just not correct - getting charged foreign transaction fee for using a CC in USD when the transaction was made in US.
More Qatar Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Qatar Airways - an awful experience travelling with infant 
- Qatar Airways Group U.K - qatar airways group u. k. 
- Qatar Airways - lost baggage 
- Qatar Airways - cabin crew photos 
- Qatar Airways - I won 800000 pounds 
- Qatar Airways - mishandled baggage. lies and delay by melbourne qatar airways staff
- Qatar Airways - missing miles 
- Qatar Airways - my ticket
- Qatar Airways - candidate advance zone not working
- Qatar Airways - my gratuity