Qatar Airways / racist comment by cs agent in us

Hicksville, NY, United States Review updated:

I have booked tickets for India for my sister, my niece and myself. I came back early and my sister stayed there for little longer. Due to some urgency she needed to postpone her return flight for couple of days.

We informed Qatar airways office at the airport by going in person that my sister cannot board the flight, and that person(QATAR airway's employee) assured that he won't apply "No show" fees for my sisters' tickets.

Now, when she called Indian CS, they are giving random answers and asking to call them every one hour for ticket availability. Later one of CS agent in India said call JFK (USA) office as ticket has been issued from there. I have been talking with QATAR - CS in Us for 5-6 times. One of CS agent in US, I was talking with, I asked that why CS - India agent are saying different and not giving a proper answer, For that she replied "It's your people, we don't know anything." I replied "But you would have QATAR airways customer care policy that should be applicable to every country." She said, "I am not responsible for what they are saying, if you want to make a complaint go ahead and do so, don't waste our time!"

This was such a horrible answer I have ever received, as if they do not care about their customers.

My sisters' tickets are still in hanging state. They have asked to call them tomorrow morning at 9:30 am EST. And if everything is ok, my sister in India needs to leave in an hour 10:30 EST ( 9:00 pm IST). So, till last minute, we do not have any idea, if she is traveling or not!

THIS IS A QATAR AIRWAYS...SO CALLED 5-STAR FLIGHT AND 5-START EXPERIENCE!

Bo

Comments

• Ai
      11th of Feb, 2010

But why do you think they would let her change her flight without paying something? That's unheard of! Of course there is a fee to change your ticket... Maybe there was a misunderstanding. When she didn't show up for the flight the airline could actually cancel the rest of the ticket since she is a "no-show". Maybe they did you a favor by not canceling the remainder of the ticket, but you will still need to pay a change fee. That sounds very reasonable to me. Qatar is a GREAT airline - they are consistently voted as a top airline and they don't have this reputation because they screw people over. There must have been a misunderstanding. Just pay the fee and have her fly home... end of story.