Qantas / class discrimination
I travelled to Sydney on the weekend. On the way up I checked in online 20 hours prior. I only had a choice of three seats in the plane. This was ok because I was flying by myself. On the way back to Melbourne the same thing happened although myself and my fiancé had to be separated. We checked in over an hour early. When we got to the bag drop I asked if the seats could be changed. The Qantas assistant said that the plane was full and there was nothing that she could do. Ok fair enough. However I asked why the seats were already full. I was advised that Qantas platinum flyers were allowed to reserve their seating upon purchase. On this flight were families upset that they could not sit next to each other, children having to sit away from their parents.
How is this fair? How is this just? If people want special treatment they can pay extra for business class. When preferential treatment interferes with whether or not you can sit with you husband or children is unjust. It is a classed based preferential treatment even when all passengers in economy pay the same.
I do not believe that Qantas should have take away liberties that were previously given to all passengers i.e. the right to sit with your partner when checking in early time. I will stick with Virgin from now so that I am not treated like a second class citizen.
More Qantas Complaints & Reviews
- Qantas - escorted of the plane 5 mins before take off 
- Qantas - lost baggage
- Qantas - qantas is a scam 
- Qantas - lies, deception and fraud.
- Qantas - ground officer abuse of power
- Qantas Airways - qantas staff
- Qantas Airways - booking reference obkq5l — additional ticket charges
- Qantas Airways - food
- Qantas Airways - complimentary dessert
- Qantas - international flights to cambodia; flight connection and delays