Qantas / fraud and cheating
Qantas is ripping off travelers - heavy delays in refunds on canceled tickets
In September 2008 I bought a full fare coach class ticket from New York, Melbourne, Australia for $4, 000. The ticket was a fully refundable fare, as Ineeded it to be. Before I was due to fly, I had to change my plans so I canceled my ticket.
I was told I would be charged $100 cancellation fee, as had been disclosed to me at the time of purchase. However, i was then told that it would take 4 months to get a refund onto my credit card.
Four months??? it took all of 14 seconds to put the charge onto my credit card, now it takes four months to reverse it? The telephone operator explained that there is a single person dedicated to refund processing, hence the delay.
It smells of consumer abuse. Qantas charges you for the privilege of a cancellation ticket ($4, 000 vs discount and non-cancellable tickets at well under $2, 000), they levy a $100 fee on the cancellation. What is the $100 paying for? What is the premium fare paying for? For them to sit on my cash as free working capital for four months. Unbelievable.
More Qantas Complaints & Reviews
- Qantas - escorted of the plane 5 mins before take off 
- Qantas - lost baggage
- Qantas - qantas is a scam 
- Qantas - lies, deception and fraud.
- Qantas - ground officer abuse of power
- Qantas Airways - staff
- Qantas Airways - poor and rude customer service by flight and ground staff
- Qantas Airways - dreamliner to perth & singapore to heathrow service.
- Qantas Airways - sr2015699 - qantas frequent flyer member services
- Qantas Airways - rude ground staff and trouble getting wheel chair for elderly passenger.