Qantas / fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:

Qantas is ripping off travelers - heavy delays in refunds on canceled tickets

In September 2008 I bought a full fare coach class ticket from New York, Melbourne, Australia for $4, 000. The ticket was a fully refundable fare, as Ineeded it to be. Before I was due to fly, I had to change my plans so I canceled my ticket.

I was told I would be charged $100 cancellation fee, as had been disclosed to me at the time of purchase. However, i was then told that it would take 4 months to get a refund onto my credit card.

Four months??? it took all of 14 seconds to put the charge onto my credit card, now it takes four months to reverse it? The telephone operator explained that there is a single person dedicated to refund processing, hence the delay.

It smells of consumer abuse. Qantas charges you for the privilege of a cancellation ticket ($4, 000 vs discount and non-cancellable tickets at well under $2, 000), they levy a $100 fee on the cancellation. What is the $100 paying for? What is the premium fare paying for? For them to sit on my cash as free working capital for four months. Unbelievable.
Be

Comments

Ch
  16th of Oct, 2011
pretty much every airline can take "up to" 12 weeks to process a refund. 4 months is longer than normal, but its not unheard of from airlines

Qantas Airways Logo Qantas Airways