Purolator / ripping off at invoicing

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

There is a known problem with purolators laser arc system, on line at their depots (Current), this results in you paying much more. Re: do you see 'adjusted weight' on your invoices? This means you are paying them more, than what you were told/saw online, and in eship, result, you lose money; and lots of it. Example, I send a package that weighs 8 lbs, now the calculated cubed weight is actually 27.34lbs in box with the dimensions of 21x15x10". But, because purolators scales/system is messed up the laser arc somehow calculates 32x22x10". So instead of the cost being $59.34, you end up paying $115.95. This means you are out some $60 xx. This may be more of an extreme example, but it happens, and more often than you think. Anything where you see 'adjusted weight' on your invoice, means your paying more for shipping than you were told. I suggest you use another courier like loomis etc. Until they fix this problem. To date I am still battling with them on this, and they refuse to give us credits for their errors; we have lost thousands of dollars.

Ps
Maybe the worst part is that they are downplaying and denying and wrong doing, the salesperson is the worst * ever, and their billing dept. Simply won't help you.

Jo
Apr 30, 2015

Comments

• Do
      5th of Mar, 2009
    Purolator - Lost Packages
    Purolator
    Nova Scotia
    Canada

Purolator lost a package that I was sending to a very important customer in Labrador City. This is the second package Purolator has lost going to Labrador City in three months. I may get fired over this because I should have learned the first time that Purolator is more of a disposal company than they are a courier.

• Ci
      2nd of Mar, 2012
    Purolator - I will never ship through them again
    Purolator

My parcel was 5 weeks late and when I finally called the company I was told it was sitting in the next town for over 3 weeks. Nobody had left a door pamphlet or anything. So unprofessional and hard to contact (I was on the phone for 55 minutes before someone even answered.) I will NEVER ship through them again.

• Pu
      30th of Apr, 2015

Hello Johnny,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience stemming from the situation you explained.

Could you please email me the tracking number and invoice number of the shipments you believe were measured incorrectly? I will look into this for you.

Regards,