Publix / politics at publix
I have worked for Publix for7 years 4 of them were as an asst.deli manager. In the 4 years I tested for deli manager once a year and had high passes and was denied promotion. Just 2 stores away a younger girl with only 1 year as an asst.deli manager gets an instore promotion while I was working there so she could have her weeks vacation. What a slap in the face!!! So when I get there I work as hard as ever because that position was not filled yet. 1week of correcting all things that was wrong in the deli, shining ever so brightly so I thought. During the week an afro-American came to me with concerns of racial slurs made to her, I immediately went to the store manager to help with this issue, I did what I thought was right for the associate. Well now Friday is here and its time for me to return back to my store really believing I was finally got the promotion, and it was over. I went to bat for an associate and her rights and I was wrong cause that’s not the way Publix and politics. Needless to say "IF YOU DON'T PLAY, YOU PAY." I worked for Publix for another 6 months and was treated so badly that I walked away after 7 years. And today 2 months later my associates still call me and complain to me how they are be treated with no respect and no dignity.
More Publix Complaints & Reviews
- Publix - do they really care about the worker 
- Publix - bad company 
- Publix Spring Water - publix spring water smelled & tasted bad 
- Publix - oasis 
- Publix - check cashing 
- Publix Super Markets - pay
- Publix Super Markets - false employment security
- Publix Super Markets - pharmacy at beckett lake plaza in clearwater fl store #4548
- Publix Super Markets - produce 
- Publix Super Markets - I am complaining about a recent experience in the publix store located on atlantic blvd in pompano beach, fl.